HAL Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv

sathya

whats the advantage of rudra (WSI dhruv) over LCH ?

my guess is it can be used for dual purpose.
weapon system can be removed and used as usual dhruv
anything else ?

Defcon 1

Country flag
I don't recall rudra being officially inducted into army anytime......there was news that rudra will be inducted this financial year, but it has not happened so far....and now all of a sudden i hear that the first squadron of rudra would be raised by next year, how is this possible??

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
whats the advantage of rudra (WSI dhruv) over LCH ?

my guess is it can be used for dual purpose.
weapon system can be removed and used as usual dhruv
anything else ?
I still do not understand the differences between ALH Rudra and LCH. If anyone can explain, please do.

As for IAF and IA - another question - is it always that IAF uses gray color on it's helos, while IA uses green/ brown camo? Any reason why?

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
I still do not understand the differences between ALH and LCH. If anyone can explain, please do.
I'm not a mil pro. But in simple terms its the difference between an APC and a Tank. The Dhruv-ASI is a troop carrier cum-gunship while the LCH is a dedicated killing machine.

As for IAF and IA - another question - is it always that IAF uses gray color on it's helos, while IA uses green/ brown camo? Any reason why?
Maybe coz IA uses it for CAS and that required flying close to the ground and hence the desert/foliage camo while that of Airforce needs a gray camo against the sky.

p2prada

I still do not understand the differences between ALH Rudra and LCH. If anyone can explain, please do.
The LCH, as already told, is a dedicated killing machine. Rudra is capable of transporting soldiers to hot zones and still provide similar firepower as the LCH. So, both fit different roles.

LCH is more stealthy, more aerodynamic, more maneuverable, faster, carries a wider array of sensors and better armoured.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Latin American Model..
Ecuador? Awesome - I wonder if she is wearing anything under that coat ... :D

On a more serious note, what kind of firepower does Rudra carry? MMGs? Cannons? Rocket Pods? ATGMs?
What does the LCH carry in a "normal" configuration?

BTW, what is the name being given to the LCH?

Articles