HAL Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
How much sound do dhruv makes in flight when compared to other active classes around world, because i live in marathahalli near HAL we get sound too loud...

abingdonboy

Country flag

abingdonboy

Country flag
How much sound do dhruv makes in flight when compared to other active classes around world, because i live in marathahalli near HAL we get sound too loud...
Should be within international standards:

Published: May 2015

Bangalore. As part of a process to acquire certification from the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) for Advance Light Helicopter Dhruv, India’s Defence Public Sector Unit Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) carried out noise measurement flight trials at Mysuru airport recently in compliance with the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO).

http://www.indiastrategic.in/topsto...e_Measurement_Flight_Trials_for_ALH_Dhruv.htm

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
American and Chinese are very strong competitors back their, Its won`t be a surprise if our machines are sabotage..

Indian Army, Airforce and Navy so does other nation are operating Dhruv without crashing them on monthly basis ..

Another Ecuadorian military aircraft crash:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/03/15/americas/ecuador-plane-crash/index.html

Look at their flight safety (across all platforms) it is abysmal. It was a bad choice for HAL to pursue an export deal with the FAE, they are clearly unable to operate any platform safely but the resultant bad PR for the ALH has seriously hurt its (and HAL's) image abroad.

@Gessler @aditya g @Kunal Biswas

abingdonboy

Country flag
American and Chinese are very strong competitors back their, Its won`t be a surprise if our machines are sabotage..
I don't think sabotage, the Ecuadorians are just incompetent- they crash everything they fly no matter where it is from.

Sabru Foxtrot

Sabru Foxtrot

here is the exclusive video of LCH in action captured by Saurav Chordia on Iron Fist 2016

Exclusive video of IAF Paratroopers jumping from C-17 Globemaster - Exercise Iron Fist 2016

abingdonboy

Country flag
Rudra for the IAF:

I had no idea the IAF had placed orders for the Rudra (I thought only the IA had had to date), a very pleasant surprise.

HAL need to focus on greatly expanding their productive capacity now; the ALH, Rudra and LCH are all in great demand.

+ complete kudos to HAL, creating a world class product (ALH) right out of the gates, continuously developing it (MK.1, Mk.2, Mk.3, Rudra etc etc) and then building on that experience to create the LCH which by all accounts will be a world class product in its own right.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
any information if HAL is working on more MK4 for Dhruv ?
i had read an article in which IAF official was quoted how they ironed out all the problems gradually in Mk1 to MK4. How deign changes were made and all issues such as vibrations were ironed out. This has now emerged as an excellent product which IAF and IA would love to use.

abingdonboy

Country flag
A second production line for the HAL Dhruv has been set up at Kanpur.

View attachment 8793
This is awesome news! The ALH is a great product but what has been lacking (that is an issue across the board in India) is the production capacity to churn these beasts out in greater quantities. Forget exports, HAL is barely covering the demands of the Indian customers.

Hopefully LCH production will be large from day one with 200+ orders just for the Indian customers right now there is a HUGE requirement that needs to be met asap.The good news is the production unit HAL is building for the LUH will have an installed capaicty to churn out 60 LUH/year.

Good to see HAL really coming of age now.

Last edited:

tejas warrior

Country flag
This is awesome news! The ALH is a great product but what has been lacking (that is an issue across the board in India) is the production capacity to churn these beasts out in greater quantities. Forget exports, HAL is barely covering the demands of the Indian customers.

Hopefully LCH production will be large from day one with 200+ orders just for the Indian customers right now there is a HUGE requirement that needs to be met asap.

Good to see HAL really coming of age now.
Can someone confirm current production rate for Dhruv ? Is it 36/year ?

Also, If Kanpur will be used as a second production line for the HAL Dhruv, what about Tumakuru for which PM Lays Foundation Stone for HAL’s New Helicopter Manufacturing Facility at Tumakuru, Karnataka.

tejas warrior

Country flag
Not sure if it's as high as 36/year. I think it's 28-30/year.

That production unit is for the LUH and potentially the LCH.

If I Google , I see old news :

The current production rate of ALH at HAL is 25 per year and this will increase it to 36 per year by 2012. Hence, the order is likely to be completed by 2015. In addition, the Mk.4 variants of ALH Dhruv during will also be rolled out in the current fiscal year.

http://www.defencenow.com/news/102/...r-force-and-increase-production-momentum.html

su35

Country flag
complete kudos to HAL, creating a world class product (ALH) right out of the gates, continuously developing it (MK.1, Mk.2, Mk.3, Rudra etc etc) and then building on that experience to create the LCH which by all accounts will be a world class product in its own right.
Quite true, this is the reason why not single Rudra or LCH has not crashed till the date

abingdonboy

Country flag
If I Google , I see old news :

The current production rate of ALH at HAL is 25 per year and this will increase it to 36 per year by 2012. Hence, the order is likely to be completed by 2015. In addition, the Mk.4 variants of ALH Dhruv during will also be rolled out in the current fiscal year.

http://www.defencenow.com/news/102/...r-force-and-increase-production-momentum.html
Interesting, if they are really up to 36/year by now then an addtional line should take production to at least 50/year which has always been what I thought the ALH's production should be.

Very nice work.

+ looking good for the LCH's production.

abingdonboy

Country flag
HAL wanted to sell entire Dhruv production program including MRO to a private sector. But no one showed interest hence this new production line was created.
So much for private sector cry.
Right. The private sector is still WOEFULLY inadequate and risk-adverse in India, many like to dimiss/slate the PSUs day in and day out but they are at the cutting edge whilst most in the private sector are still learning to crawl.

porky_kicker

Country flag
guys i think a specialized version of LCH / ALH should be developed for electronic warfare ,that is basically create new sub-systems which can be installed on select LCH /ALH versions.

BLIND and CONQUER

a EW optimized LCH flying along side 5 other LCH will create an additional bubble of protection for the group, its primary function will be to preemptive any offensive action against the LCHs rather than wait for the threat to materialize which will then be countered/maybe countered by the individual LCHs defensive suite .

the EW optimized LCH will carry hardware to
1.spoof proximity fuses and other fuses fired from anti aircraft guns.
2.spoof the active seeker of the fired missiles and force it to change the flight task. As a result the missile begins to see a false target and gets misdirected. (THIS CAPABILITY IS PRESENT IN BRAHMOS MISSILE)
3.allow on-board high power EW direction-finders and jammers for enforcing comms-degraded environment so that even enemy squad level communications are disrupted (Frequency-hopping radios and SDR).
4.allow on-board systems to support in-action target prioritization, deep attack, and BDA (battle field damage assessment) plus deny the enemy's effective use of Command and control fire support communications against air borne platforms.
5.allow exploitation of unexpected enemy assets/threats and generate in battle indications of enemy vulnerabilities for rapid dissemination to accompanying LCHs for neutralization.
6.allow deep , close and rear operations with minimal eternal support or minimal preparations due to time critical factor
7.act as a passive scout ie remain invisible to the enemy while canning the airspace for threats and ground based radar units etc

in short i am advocating a NON-KINETIC ATTACK version of LCH / ALH.

please dont confuse it with the soon to be inducted Apache longbow helicopter , i am talking about a GROWLER version of LCH / ALH

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles