Gun control laws in India.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Are there any other gun manufacturers available other than ofb ? I've seen a beretta when I was a kid.Don't know if that was legal.Also looks like now 3 guns is the limit.
I don't think so that there are. I always wanted to a glock Handgun though,(I have seen such guns being used by the Indian Police though) preferably the glock 17 gen 4 model, I always liked the look of that Gun, big Fan of it.
maxresdefault-16.jpg

I believe we make these guns in India itself now(Not sure about this though)

Spindrift

Are there any other gun manufacturers available other than ofb ? I've seen a beretta when I was a kid.Don't know if that was legal.Also looks like now 3 guns is the limit.
Those Berettas were imported before 1980, some might have been recently imported through TR (transfer of residence) i.e. an NRI when moving back can bring 1 gun and the limit of guns one can keep has been reduced to 2 from 3.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
License Raj for Guns/Ammo manufacturers in India removed. i think that is what this news item is saying.
====
MHA amends Arms Rules, permits manufacturers to enhance production of firearms
Read more At:

Mangal

Country flag
License Raj for Guns/Ammo manufacturers in India removed. i think that is what this news item is saying.
====
Read more At:
One step closer to relaxing gun laws.

Spindrift

====
Read more At:
All this is not going help unless the government relaxes civilian ownership.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
One step closer to relaxing gun laws.
bruh imagine if we see dawood khan gang with pistols,on a serious note pistols and semi auto rifles would be cool,alot of territorial members will benefit if they bought their own guns,but we would need switzerland(might be wrong but its some nordic country i think)level gun restrictions that country allows automatic guns and practically no mass shootings

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
bruh imagine if we see dawood khan gang with pistols,on a serious note pistols and semi auto rifles would be cool,alot of territorial members will benefit if they bought their own guns,but we would need switzerland(might be wrong but its some nordic country i think)level gun restrictions that country allows automatic guns and practically no mass shootings
Why do we even want guns? It feels good of dreaming to make tacticool shooting videos but for that you’ll need thousands of rounds of ammo, practice, firing range and on top of that 24/7 anxiety of owning a gun.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
Why do we even want guns? It feels good of dreaming to make tacticool shooting videos but for that you’ll need thousands of rounds of ammo, practice, firing range and on top of that 24/7 anxiety of owning a gun.
the "it feels good" tbf,legalising airsoft would make more sense but territorial members buying their own ak's seems like a good idea like Ukraine territorial forces

Mangal

Country flag
If I am not wrong .22 bore is used in pistol shooting sports. GLOCK 44 is slated to be launched which uses this bore.
Getting a weapon license for sports purpose must be easier IMO. Anyone having more insight can please give their views.

Spindrift

If I am not wrong .22 bore is used in pistol shooting sports. GLOCK 44 is slated to be launched which uses this bore.
Getting a weapon license for sports purpose must be easier IMO. Anyone having more insight can please give their views.
Join a registered rifle club or NRAI. For joining NARI visit their site also go through the pertinent posts at https://indiansforguns.com/

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
civilian ownership relaxation is debatable, there are discussions on this thread in previous pages.
I am an advocate for gun ownership, though it better be traceable. Licensing should be easier, but instead of relying purely on background checks (lone wolves tend to have a clean background before committing an act of terror), it should be based on a mechanism where people can be traced.

Most folks from my region don't know the concept of mass ownership of firearms as northeastern states are generally safer than the rest of our country. We do have a lot of melee weapons, mostly traditional like Dao, khukhri etc.

But people of rest of India, especially in small towns know how riots and mob attacks are common in their cities. Sometimes its caste, sometimes religion, sometimes both. Therefore, the only way of ensuring that violence is not one way and deters rioters is to have firearms.

Benefits:
  1. If everyone has firearms, then everyone is equally at the risk of being shot
  2. If licensed firearm owners can be traced, it makes people more responsible since they will act as a quasi-police when police forces are stretched (e.g.,COVID times)
  3. Along with firearms the government should also allow citizens' arrest. People with clean backgrounds can be an asset to the law and order. Imagine if the radical rioters of Jahangirpuri had weapons, so would the people who were attacked have and be able to retaliate. That fear would ensure that such riots are not a one-way traffic and police can quickly step in before things get out of hand. Sort of like a localized mutually-assured destruction (MAD).
  4. Civilian sales of firearms and bullets would drastically reduce the cost of rounds, thereby allowing our forces to purchase more of them.
  5. Allowing non-military organizations to own firearms (regulated & under strong surveillance) can lead to creation of private military/security companies that can often get things done faster. Not only would this employ Indian military veterans & pay them well, but also enable the govt to outsource a lot of its 'dirty' jobs without any repercussions, just like the US.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles