Greetings from North East, Seven sisters and one brother.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
hey guys, a thread about NE but not militancy or political related, some chit-chat (some issues faced by vice versa, but will keep ourselves checked and not overboard with it) from foods to scenic beauty and exotic place of the North East.
So starting myself, I am from Imphal, the Capital city of Manipur, it is cold now so foods tend to be yummy, also I am meitei most meitei are Hindu but they also practice traditional religion.

Covfefe

Country flag
hey guys, a thread about NE but not militancy or political related, some chit-chat (some issues faced by vice versa, but will keep ourselves checked and not overboard with it) from foods to scenic beauty and exotic place of the North East.
So starting myself, I am from Imphal, the Capital city of Manipur, it is cold now so foods tend to be yummy, also I am meitei most meitei are Hindu but they also practice traditional religion.
Thanks for initiating this. We would love to know more about the people and the life there. Your culture, your beliefs(including the ones that are not mainstream in other parts of the country), cuisine, music, life- tell us all.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Thanks for initiating this. We would love to know more about the people and the life there. Your culture, your beliefs(including the ones that are not mainstream in other parts of the country), cuisine, music, life- tell us all.
Sure, Mate, See my parent are Hindu, or Meitei-Vaishnavism but also we tend to follow our traditional God called Sanamahi, but as for me I am not much into religion, I keep it to myself so sometimes I get in conflict with parents about foods habit of mine. Cusine there is lots but as winter is approaching and people here like vegetables so mustard leaf with pork is very popular now, but Most mainstream Indian tends to like Manipuri foods as it is not simply a broth there is some influence from rest of India, so coming here and having foods is not a problem. Music, well my choice of music is very bad so I will keep shut lol. Life is not so easy when you are born in a far-flung area but with power of the internet and Amazon life is changing fast here. I have live almost 14 years in Mumbai but am here due to the Chinese flu. So I shot some footage of here and sharing with you all. Cheers

Asmaka Mahajanapada

Country flag
Sure, Mate, See my parent are Hindu, or Meitei-Vaishnavism but also we tend to follow our traditional God called Sanamahi, but as for me I am not much into religion, I keep it to myself so sometimes I get in conflict with parents about foods habit of mine. Cusine there is lots but as winter is approaching and people here like vegetables so mustard leaf with pork is very popular now, but Most mainstream Indian tends to like Manipuri foods as it is not simply a broth there is some influence from rest of India, so coming here and having foods is not a problem. Music, well my choice of music is very bad so I will keep shut lol. Life is not so easy when you are born in a far-flung area but with power of the internet and Amazon life is changing fast here. I have live almost 14 years in Mumbai but am here due to the Chinese flu. So I shot some footage of here and sharing with you all. Cheers
How can you forget Mirabhai Chanu? 😀😍 Never been to Manipur but I will plan to visit there. Thanks for sharing good things about your culture.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
How can you forget Mirabhai Chanu? 😀😍 Never been to Manipur but I will plan to visit there. Thanks for sharing good things about your culture.
Ops, She is truly a remarkable person, her journey truly made me burst into tears. She was so poor that her talent was found because she could carry a heavy load of woods from the forest to cook since the parent cannot afford a gas stove and while going for practice she didn't have any mean to travel the distance so she would hitchhike on the truck back which tend to carry sands etc but determination prevailed.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Question is related to civil infrastructure and might be a bit vague.

How tall can u build structure in the north east?
Can the Soil support big infra projects? Heard Assam has a hard time with railway due to Soil is it the same Everywhere.
How is the town planning over there?
Seen a lots of images of roads getting washed off in rain's is it due to corruption or asphalt roads not suited for the region?

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Question is related to civil infrastructure and might be a bit vague.

How tall can u build structure in the north east?
Can the Soil support big infra projects? Heard Assam has a hard time with railway due to Soil is it the same Everywhere.
How is the town planning over there?
Seen a lots of images of roads getting washed off in rain's is it due to corruption or asphalt roads not suited for the region?
I think it can, the Indian railway is an example "
Indian Railways is constructing the world's tallest pier bridge in Manipur, across river Ijai. The pier bridge will have a height of 141 metres surpassing the existing record of 139 metres of the Mala-Rijeka Viaduct in Europe. It will also connect North-Eastern remote areas to the rest of India. "
Town, planning is bad cause most city as we know were just small places which has grown pretty much and lack basic infrastructures so it is always a challenge, things are changing but it is rather at snail speed. But Some national project like international high it is as good as anywhere in the world. Mountains road, can't do much it will wash away most of the time.

Asmaka Mahajanapada

Country flag
Ops, She is truly a remarkable person, her journey truly made me burst into tears. She was so poor that her talent was found because she could carry a heavy load of woods from the forest to cook since the parent cannot afford a gas stove and while going for practice she didn't have any mean to travel the distance so she would hitchhike on the truck back which tend to carry sands etc but determination prevailed.
Yeah dude, she is a legend and an inspiration. She will get the🥇in Paris.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
One thing I note is that the regional gods of North East are not much explored , like we have many kul devi ,devta .
I think most NE people have dual religion tho am 100% not sure about it tho, Say like Khasi of Meghalaya most of them are Christian but there is also Ka Niam Khasi and Niam tre Even Naga also i believe they still practice their traditional belief.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I think most NE people have dual religion tho am 100% not sure about it tho, Say like Khasi of Meghalaya most of them are Christian but there is also Ka Niam Khasi and Niam tre Even Naga also i believe they still practice their traditional belief.
Let's leave this evangelism and Christianity aside from this thread

BlackViking

Country flag
I had been to NE, have some pictures but are of piss-poor quality so will not be posting them. NE has been my favourite place ever since I had been there. My love for that region far surpasses to that of my matrubhoomi.
One question though @tomthounaojam can you share the names of some dishes (simple dishes) using bat and frogs. I had them once, ages ago, but nor do I remember their names nor the tastes.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
I had been to NE, have some pictures but are of piss-poor quality so will not be posting them. NE has been my favourite place ever since I had been there. My love for that region far surpasses to that of my matrubhoomi.
One question though @tomthounaojam can you share the names of some dishes (simple dishes) using bat and frogs. I had them once, ages ago, but nor do I remember their names nor the tastes.
Thank you so very much mate just came back from cycling. Honestly, people in the Hills I mean who are remote places these things are daily diet I mean, Bruce Wayne alter ego are hard to get by these days, as kids I still remember flying in the bunch, in my language it is called Sekpi, we generally don't eat but hey back in the days there no phone and it was just slingshot and cycle ball bearing for leisure and only electronic was dad's calculator which he worships like a god. So, on occasion, the senior would shoot some of these sekpi and we will just bbq and have with a local drink, was way too small for legal age but a frog, is common among many tribes here, there are frog and toad, toad you can't eat it rather some are very poisonous some frog their legs are as good as chicken if you go border town in Moreh or some local market in Kohima you will see these big long frogs. Yeah, these the government and education game animal hunting as gone down significantly.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
I have watched some vlogs on YT. Many districts in NE looks looks New Zealand landscapes sans good infrastructure and cleanliness.
Yeah, lately lots of people from the rest of India are coming here, especially during the pandemic as international options are limited and the vlog they made seems to open a new horizon to fellow Indians that there are more to explore in our country. There was a guy from Mumbai, he seem to have explored many remote places than me and his no-frill vlog is one of my favorite very honest, lemme share one of his.
do watch his vlog it is good stuff.

Covfefe

Country flag
Yeah, lately lots of people from the rest of India are coming here, especially during the pandemic as international options are limited and the vlog they made seems to open a new horizon to fellow Indians that there are more to explore in our country. There was a guy from Mumbai, he seem to have explored many remote places than me and his no-frill vlog is one of my favorite very honest, lemme share one of his.
do watch his vlog it is good stuff.
He really puts a lot of effort. Goes on foot to remote villages where even the people of Imphal wouldn't have been. This was a great episode

tomthounaojam

Country flag
He really puts a lot of effort. Goes on foot to remote villages where even the people of Imphal wouldn't have been. This was a great episode
True, he has been to the places that I haven't heard of before, lots of locals here really appreciate what he has done no facade, just chalo Bhai. Sad, I couldn't meet him while was here, did invite him for a dinner.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles