Greetings from North East, Seven sisters and one brother.

Chandragupt Maurya

Country flag
@Chandragupt Maurya when I was in Mumbai every time I check my flight to Imphal, I was like I rather go abroad and on a few occasions going to Malaysia, as I have some good scale modeler friends. Yeah, sadly air ticket is freaking expensive. Airlines have their reason for doing that, but the best thing about Imphal airport is it is just in the city you can reach the check-in in like 10-15 mins.
Rail is there, it is connected well in Assam which is known as the gateway of the northeast and from there it is pretty much a detour, Guwahati-Shillong has one of the best motorways, it is just amazing to see the huge roads in such hilly terrain.
One suggestion would be if there is an international festival in the capital where foreign people are there, the NE state should have strong representations and show what huge tourist potential is there. Lately, Manipur is trying to promote besides other tourist spots, war tourism as know Battle of Imphal/Kohima was one of the deadliest battles of ww2.
Also, Travelling to NE there are still some restrictions due to being very closed to international borders.
Railways play a very important role in tourism a train itself is a tourist attraction the connectivity within the north eastern States alone won’t increase the tourist footfall connectivity with New Delhi will
The Delhi Kolkata High Speed Rail Corridor is passing via patna extending it till Guwahati via patna will increase tourist footfall in North Eastern states more than any thing else
not to mention 1 million foreign tourists (mostly Buddhists) who visit Bihar every year would also like to visit north east north east too has many Buddhist Pilgrimage Sites

Hariharan_kalarikkal

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Can post 100s, all exclusive.
Lucky for
Thread is ready

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Kongthong: The Indian village where your name is a song
In a remote Meghalaya village, residents have three names: a regular name, a distinct melody and a shorter tune that is akin to a nickname.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles