Greetings from New Jersey

Commando

Hi everyone.

It's a pleasure to join this community. I've often sifted through the threads on here for quite some time but only signed up a couple months ago and even then I haven't had the time to post as much as I would've liked.

At any rate, I'll just say a few things about myself. I'm an American (born and raised) of Indian decent (parents are from Punjab/Himachal). Recently graduated from University with a BS in Finance and Economics. Needless to say, I'm very interested in world affairs and defense particularly concerning America's sphere of influence, China's rise to power, the turmoil in the middle east, and, of course, India's struggle to overcome its internal obstacles and gain more prominence on the world stage. I consider myself to be unapologetically American and tend to identify with Thomas Jefferson's principles of anti-Federalism, separation of church/state, and small government. I'm ardently against any theocratic form of government (Islamist states in particular) and, although I was raised Hindu, I tend to identify more with an agnostic view of the world.

I look forward to engaging in interesting debates with my fellow posters and hopefully visiting India sometime in the future as well.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Welcome to the DFI.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Welcome to the forum for the man from New Jersey, a microcosm of India.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Most thoughtful introduction I have seen in a while.

@Commando: What part of your NJ are you from? Did you get your degree at Rutgers?

(My mother's family owned much of Monmouth and Middlesex Counties in the 19th century :))

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Excellent Introduction and Welcome to DFI

Commando

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

Most thoughtful introduction I have seen in a while.

@Commando: What part of your NJ are you from? Did you get your degree at Rutgers?

(My mother's family owned much of Monmouth and Middlesex Counties in the 19th century :))
Wow, that's so funny. I'm from Monmouth and Middlesex too. Did middle school in Sayreville (Middlesex county and hometown of Bon Jovi) and high school in Manalapan (Monmouth county and hometown of one of those Jersey Shore cast members). And yes, I did graduate from Rutgers Business School (New Brunswick). I've also lived in Arizona, Texas, and New York.

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

Wow, that's so funny. I'm from Monmouth and Middlesex too. Did middle school in Sayreville (Middlesex county and hometown of Bon Jovi) and high school in Manalapan (Monmouth county and hometown of one of those Jersey Shore cast members). And yes, I did graduate from Rutgers Business School (New Brunswick). I've also lived in Arizona, Texas, and New York.
Go Knights

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles