Greece to buy 450 BMP-3 IFVs

bhramos

Country flag
Greece to pay 1.2 billion euros for Russian 450 BMP-3 infantry fighting vehicles

Greece will pay 1.2 billion euros for Russian 450 BMP-3 infantry fighting vehicles. The decision was made at the meeting of the Greek Council of State on Wednesday. Experts say it is the first time when one of the NATO member countries buys Russian military equipment for its land forces. It is expected that the sides will sign a final agreement during the visit of Greek Premier to Moscow on December 18. Probably, Greece will also buy Russian Sukhoi SU-35 air fighters.

Greece to pay 1, 2 billion euros for Russian 450 BMP-3 infantry fighting vehicles - External Economic Relations Magazine: Russian and International News, Politics, Finance, Sport and Entertainment

bhramos

Country flag
sorry Valdmir sir.
but Su-35 is one such best fighter even NATO countries Greece and Turkey have shown intrests.
what about Venezuela getting Su-35?

Vladimir79

Professional
sorry Valdmir sir.
but Su-35 is one such best fighter even NATO countries Greece and Turkey have shown intrests.
Turkey doesn't want Su-35. Greece has a lobby but isn't a very strong one. Venezuela may get it... just have to wait and see.

bhramos

Country flag
If Venezuela gets hand on it , then it would automatically become South American SuperPower.
then other countries will have to go F-22/35 or else noting can reach Su-35.
as its most advanced fighter in 4th gen or 4++ gen.

jakojako777

M8... you really need to cheque the dates on those articles. Greece wants up to 1,000... but who knows what gets done with their budget crunch.

Lenta.ru: Îðóæèå: Ãðåöèÿ êóïèò ó Ðîññèè òûñÿ÷ó áîåâûõ ìàøèí ïåõîòû ÁÌÏ-3Ì

1000 BTR is quite big number even for countries like China let alone Greece. I saw the article but I wonder if it there are any strings attached like license production or TOT to the purchase, Vladimir?:tank:

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
the Hellenic Republic has been a NATO member with a taste for Russian Hardware this is due In part to the fact that its main arch rival both presently and Historically has been the Turkish who Ironical is also a fellow member of the NATO so in Military equipment terms are on the same footing so in order to have some Kind of advantage in case of a Hypothetical war between both Greece wants some kind of advantage at the Time the Hellenic Army has only the BMP3M's on line the Hellenic navy has the Russian Project 1232.2 Zubr class hovercraft which makes it the only NATO standard Navy to operate the Class the HAF also operates the TOR M1 and the S-300 PMU1 the HAF operates 2 Batteries / 8 launchers / 96 missiles of the S-300 PMU1 in conjunction with the US made Patriot PAC III ADS the HAF should be looking forward to acquiring new 4th, 4.5th or 5th generation fighters in order to reach a total number of 300 advanced fighters, according to the Supreme Air Force Council "2007-2012 operational planning" study which was published in 2007. Possible candidates for a 4.5th or 5th generation aircraft are mainly the Eurofighter Typhoon, Dassault Rafale,JAS 39 Gripen, F-35 Lightning II, and the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet. A pro-Russian lobby in Greece promotes the acquisition of Sukhoi Su-35 or Su-37 << if this turns out to be true then the HAF will become only the second "Original" Member of the NATO after the Germans to Operate Russian Fighters in the Operational NATO Command

Vladimir79

Professional
1000 BTR is quite big number even for countries like China let alone Greece. I saw the article but I wonder if it there are any strings attached like license production or TOT to the purchase, Vladimir?:tank:
Greece doesn't ask for ToT since they don't need a domestic defence industry --- which incidently makes them the best customers one can ask for.

bhramos

Country flag
That's Great to Greece,
Simillar to India which maintains both West and Russian Stuff.

IBM

sorry Valdmir sir.
Do NATO countries allowed to buy Russian stuff??? cases of Poland and eastern europeon countries is different.

Vladimir79

Professional
Do NATO countries allowed to buy Russian stuff??? cases of Poland and eastern europeon countries is different.
Just because you are member of NATO doesn't mean you can't buy Russian "stuff." NATO members buy Russian equipment all the time. Greece, Turkey, Slovenia, Croatia, Macedonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovak Republik. Even Poland still buys "stuff" from us, and they hate us.

bhramos

Country flag
Just because you are member of NATO doesn't mean you can't buy Russian "stuff." NATO members buy Russian equipment all the time. Greece, Turkey, Slovenia, Croatia, Macedonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovak Republik. Even Poland still buys "stuff" from us, and they hate us.
Sir, what that does means?
then why do you sell them.
just for Money or anything else?

jakojako777

(you've forgot Serbia)
Croats doesn't like you also, but sure not as much as Poles and for different reason...
Did you hear that story about few Russian choppers bought by Croatia for which they didn't do any maintenance at all deliberately!:sarcastic:

Just to exploit Russian spare parts - replacement guarantee service to the maximum during period included in sale clause? :twizt::dazed:

Vladimir79

Professional
(you've forgot Serbia)
Serbia isn't a member of NATO.

Croats doesn't like you also, but sure not as much as Poles and for different reason...
Relations with Croatia aren't so bad, we are one of their largest exporters.

Did you hear that story about few Russian choppers bought by Croatia for which they didn't do any maintenance at all deliberately!:sarcastic:
No...

Just to exploit Russian spare parts - replacement guarantee service to the maximum during period included in sale clause? :twizt::dazed:
I don't know what you are talking about.

jakojako777

Serbia isn't a member of NATO.

Relations with Croatia aren't so bad, we are one of their largest exporters.

No...

I don't know what you are talking about.
Sorry my bad ! You have been talking about NATO members - I have missed that detail ...
This all post have gone in wrong direction...I taught that you might know about that episode with the choppers..Sorry it will be better if you forget about whole thing....:)>
Well I don't want to enter in the Croatian vision of Russia and Russians that is another subject anyway.:connie_running:This was all in completely wrong direction.....:roulette:

Vladimir79

Professional
About Croatia, they are also eager to get in on South Stream pipeline so I don't think they hate us so much.

jakojako777

About Croatia, they are also eager to get in on South Stream pipeline so I don't think they hate us so much.

I didn't know that South Stream has anything to do with emotions??!?
They want profit from gas pipelines that is all:scaut:.
What is that got to do with "liking or hating"??!!
Strange that you don't know that detail from history.Croatia was (and still is)German satellite.
Croat Nazi's volunteered to go on Russian front to fight. Root of civil war between Croats and Serbs was always religion
They are Catholics and we are Orthodox and they hate us be cause of that and they don't like you for the same reason.
There .....I've told you:viannen_10::connie_18:

Vladimir79

Professional
I didn't know that South Stream has anything to do with emotions??!?
They want profit from gas pipelines that is all:scaut:.
What is that got to do with "liking or hating"??!!
Several possible entry countries have been hating on South Stream, it has to do with mutual cooperation which doesn't entail hateful feelings.

Strange that you don't know that detail from history.Croatia was (and still is)German satellite.
Croat Nazi's volunteered to go on Russian front to fight. Root of civil war between Croats and Serbs was always religion
They are Catholics and we are Orthodox and they hate us be cause of that and they don't like you for the same reason.
There .....I've told you:viannen_10::connie_18:
Relgion doesn't matter much anymore. Slovak Republik is Catholic yet they have favourable opinions of Russians and Serbs.

jakojako777

Several possible entry countries have been hating on South Stream, it has to do with mutual cooperation which doesn't entail hateful feelings.

Relgion doesn't matter much anymore. Slovak Republik is Catholic yet they have favourable opinions of Russians and Serbs.
I know that !...I wasn't talking about ALL Catholics but about Croats !
If you don't believe just go on some forums and ask any Serb why Croats hate them... or why they don't like Russia.

for your info during WW2 Nazi Croats have systematically exterminating Serbs ONLY be cause being ORTHODOX!
Some claim that they have exterminated up to 30.000 children mostly Serb but also Jew and Gypsy.
So please don't enplane me things I have grown up with...even though they might look absurd to you

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles