Govt of India bans 59 Chinese apps; Tik Tok, UC Browser, WeChat included in the list

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Now simply copy their apk modify and use it . These moron must be taught what stealing from other is.

This was something which people were doing on their own. Next thing must be to force all Chinese phone makers to roll out stock android for all their cellphones they have sold in last 5-8 years. A clean android will be a blessing for billion plus users and the right way to kick china out.

Willy3

Country flag
Interesting, I have shareit, in app store it's still available for me for further update.

Kumata

Interesting, I have shareit, in app store it's still available for me for further update.
Will go off air slowly. google employs many edge server where it will take time to propogate and get removed...

Flying Dagger

Country flag
It's a process Google will take it down soon then network providers will stop support for them. You can certainly run some offline though.

Inbetween Try Jio Switch for Share it.

And Document scanner ( by a guy based in delhi) for CamScanner .

( Adobe scanner is simple one too and good scan not much option though )

I love jio message app but it doesn't let you use it fully if you use non jio network. Stupid of them to bring such thing it's like they are killing their own child.

Good riddance from China hopefully USA etc don't grab the market now.

SKC

Country flag
It's a process Google will take it down soon then network providers will stop support for them. You can certainly run some offline though.

Inbetween Try Jio Switch for Share it.

And Document scanner ( by a guy based in delhi) for CamScanner .

( Adobe scanner is simple one too and good scan not much option though )

I love jio message app but it doesn't let you use it fully if you use non jio network. Stupid of them to bring such thing it's like they are killing their own child.

Good riddance from China hopefully USA etc don't grab the market now.
Microsoft Office for Mobile has one if the best scanner. Try it.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Microsoft Office for Mobile has one if the best scanner. Try it.
I did actually I tried more than 20 scanners. One thing I must say Camscanner was the best.

Microsoft lens is basic . Google drive also has inbuilt scanner for basic. You can try all in one office app. Google scan app is chutzpah.

Adobe have quality and simplistic but doesn't let you save in jpeg mode and have few option. It's better than Lens though.

But surprisingly the best scanner was by an Indian

Document scanner by Gulshan / lufick Give it a try for the edit features. It has million plus download. Also it lets you get a ID card format for free unlike Camscanner though I may buy subscription if it works out good.

There is another Docscanner by Zoho haven't used it.

Samar Rathi

Country flag
Why is not Zoom banned ?

Overall long overdue decision and we the people of India support it. Many others applications are there and we can post here to help others.

Coalmine

Country flag
Cam scanner's only good thing is that magic color feature unbeatable.
Doc scanner is also there but doesnt reach Cam scanner level.
I am using doc scanner.
Cam scanner made login in compulsory. It was big no no for me

SKC

Country flag
I did actually I tried more than 20 scanners. One thing I must say Camscanner was the best.

Microsoft lens is basic . Google drive also has inbuilt scanner for basic. You can try all in one office app. Google scan app is chutzpah.

Adobe have quality and simplistic but doesn't let you save in jpeg mode and have few option. It's better than Lens though.

But surprisingly the best scanner was by an Indian

Document scanner by Gulshan / lufick Give it a try for the edit features. It has million plus download. Also it lets you get a ID card format for free unlike Camscanner though I may buy subscription if it works out good.

There is another Docscanner by Zoho haven't used it.
That's nice. I'll try this.

SKC

Country flag
Why is not Zoom banned ?

Overall long overdue decision and we the people of India support it. Many others applications are there and we can post here to help others.
Because technically the owner is chinese american. So it comes under US apps not chinese (technically). But it should still be banned. The initial version jad no encryption. I am 100% sure they have out a backdoor in it.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Cam scanner's only good thing is that magic color feature unbeatable.
Doc scanner is also there but doesnt reach Cam scanner level.
I am using doc scanner.
Cam scanner made login in compulsory. It was big no no for me
Login ain't compulsary unless you want cloud in CamScanner you can still use it though through apk good thing is with no internet support it won't be able to send your data anywhere nor any revenue to the developer.

Doc scanner is the best available apart from cam.

But their is one feature of Adobe where it lets you clean the pic like we had in Google Picasa photo app and its best plus it's clean. But don't have much function. That feature should be part of doc scanner and it will be flawless. Rest are useless stuff.

Eventually we need a simple scan.

proudsanghi85

Country flag
I am using Microsoft lens as document scanner. How does govt ensure bans are complied for all these 59 apps ? Any dept will follow up with these to ensure that all these apps are not leaking data anymore ?

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I am using Microsoft lens as document scanner. How does govt ensure bans are complied for all these 59 apps ? Any dept will follow up with these to ensure that all these apps are not leaking data anymore ?
They'll be taken off from Google Play and later network provider will block them from accessing internet.

airtel

Country flag
They'll be taken off from Google Play and later network provider will block them from accessing internet.

It is already banned by network providers like Jio ...
So even if you download it from any other source you would not be able se watch any video .

Akula

Country flag
Last time Tiktok got banned in India for two weeks. They were loosing around half a million dollars in revenue every day, according to a Youtuber Vedant Rusty. Imagine what will happen now.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles