Govt lodges protest with China over archers' stapled visa

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
NEW DELHI: India today lodged a strong protest with China over the matter of stapled visas issued to two archers from Arunachal Pradesh who were unable as a result to travel to China to take part in a championship.

A diplomat from Chinese Embassy here was summoned to the External Affairs Ministry and a "strong protest" was lodged, sources said.

The protest was lodged two days after Mihu Maselo and Yumi Sorang, the archers from Arunachal Pradesh, were forced to return from Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport for having been issued with stapled visas by the Chinese Embassy.

The girls, both 14-years-old, were part of a 24-member Indian squad for the Youth World Archery Championship which was headed to Guangzhou on Thursday night on a China Southern Airlines flight.

The practice by China of issuing stapled visas for residents of Arunachal Pradesh came to light in January 2011 when two weightlifters from the state were prevented by immigration officials from boarding a flight from New Delhi to Beijing since they had been given similar visas by Chinese Embassy.

India objects to the issuance of stapled visas for any of its nationals wanting to proceed to China. China's stapled visa policy has prevented residents from the border state of Arunachal Pradesh from travelling to that country, making it a contentious issue in bilateral relations.

Govt lodges protest with China over archers' stapled visa - The Economic Times

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Chinis are back to their dirty tricks, we should do better, post Indian Visa, which shows world map and Tibet and Taiwan as different countries. That way Chinis wont be allowed to come to India, if their Govt allows their citizen visit India that means they accept Tibet and Taiwan as foreign country.

Free Karma

Stapled visas for, for every chinese that come from eve a remotely disputed region, or any region that even had a whisper of separatism going on.

But this is Salman Khurshid ......

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
I just cant believe my EYES reading this story !!!!

How many F***ing times do these Chinese bastards have to bitch slap India around before these dumb ass Indian sports officials realize that these have been smacked in the face.

Simply do not participate with any sporting events happening in China.
DONT FREAKING SEND ANY INDIAN ATHLETE TO ANY SPORTING EVENT ANYWHERE IN CHINA.
IT DOESNT MATTER WHICH STATE IN INDIA THE ATHLETE COMES FROM.

Just boycott every damn sporting event in China. !!

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
India should have pulled out of the tournament... and then start same stapled visa for all Chinese sportsmen coming into India... India should start issuing stapled visa from all from occupied territory of Tibet & Turkestan"¦

The main problem is that we have party of Eunuchs in power at the centre, it will never utter a word the only solution is throw out this government and save honor of this country...

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Stapled visas for, for every chinese that come from eve a remotely disputed region, or any region that even had a whisper of separatism going on.

But this is Salman Khurshid ......
why you want to staple it on their passport, when you can paste your world map on their passport, where ever they go and who so ever allow it, it means that map is also accepted by all the countries. International law is kind of funny.

desicanuk

Recall Indian ambassador to PRC,downgrade diplomatic relations to level of charge d'affairs and if Beijing still does not get it then close our embassy and instruct their man in Delhi to leave.Next declare Tibet as disputed territory and withdraw Indian recognition of Tibet as TAR of PRC.We need to keep turning the heat on till Beijing backs off.Don't expect such action from Congress or Congress led UPA.Their velvet approach has emboldened PRC.We need Modi's iron fist to send the right message to Beijing and it's lackeys.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
IWhat a bold step.

Lodge a protest!!!!!!

They are making monkeys of us all the time.

I am not surprised since monkeys infest the North and South Blocks!

I also heard that Sports Joe (don't know his appt) VK Malhotra.

A total insipid idiot!

He should have pulled out the whole team!

Vishwarupa

Country flag
other than lodgding protest with chinese what else can UPA led government can do. I hope Mr Salman Khurshid said sorry to chinese for protesting.

I heard raul baby is has lots of idea on external affairs. I wonder what he has to say about his incident & what plan he has to counter chinese.

Vishwarupa

Country flag
other than lodgding protest with chinese what else can UPA led government can do. I hope Mr Salman Khurshid said sorry to chinese for protesting.

I heard raul baby is has lots of idea on external affairs. I wonder what he has to say about his incident & what plan he has to counter chinese.

Will he call his rubbish & ask external affairs department to tear the staples & throw it at chinese face?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Any news coming out that China has broken out in cold sweat thanks to the 'strong protest' of the Indian Govt?

Or are the Chinese laughing up their sleeve that they have done it again?!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
George S Patton had said - Courage is nothing but to keep you a******* tight, lest your brains fall out.

Maybe the brains have fallen out by those who decide our destiny?

There are some who say we should never criticise our leaders.

Possibly they are of the MaiBaap mentality.

Nice and noble thought.

But to them I ask are they also the type who subscribes to another quote - When r*** is inevitable, might as well lie down and enjoy it?

Better to fight for something than live for nothing.
George S. Patton

Last edited:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
China is misusing opportunities like sports events to do petty politics of leveling scores with India. Any other nation would have shown them the right reaction and insult they deserve without a delay.

I am so appalled to see these elected representatives who instead behaving like leaders themselves want to be recognized as clever spivs.

Eesh

Don't send ANY team at all. Introduce stapled visa for residents of Tibet, Xianjiang etc.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Can someone who is clued up about India's economy let us know as to what will be the effect if we do not trade with China?

CrYsIs

Country flag
Can someone who is clued up about India's economy let us know as to what will be the effect if we do not trade with China?

Trading with china is both harmful as well beneficial for india.

Harmful in the sense that most of the exports to china are raw materials where as most imports are cheap processed goods which is harming the local industry

Beneficial in the sense that at least india is earning something from trading from china even if it's just exporting raw materials.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Trading with china is both harmful as well beneficial for india.

Harmful in the sense that most of the exports to china are raw materials where as most imports are cheap processed goods which is harming the local industry

Beneficial in the sense that at least india is earning something from trading from china even if it's just exporting raw materials.
I believe we sold ores at throwaway prices.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles