Government Of India Warns Twitter. Twitter out?

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
I'll take their word for it. 17.3 million is peanuts, that is nothing in terms of reach.
Infact multiple sources put those number well under 20 million. Any higher numbers for Indian users of twatter seems gross exaggeration .

tsunami

Country flag
Koo has 3 million plus users right now which are increasing at very fast pace meanwhile twatter sits at 17.5 million.

Dont forget the outcome of pew vs T series.
This when Modi ji have not yet moved to Koo. If govt. completely decide to move on koo twitter will be dead in India within few months.

tsunami

Country flag
So interestingly I was making some calculations...

In 2020 US election total 155 million people voted.
US have 65 million twitter user means it can influence over 40% voters in US elections.

In 2019 India election 613+ million people voted.
A mare 17.5 million accounts in India means less than 3% people can be influenced by twitter.

Difference b/w BJP and Congress in 2019 was whopping 18%.

Fir yaha hamare RW wale har choti choti bat pe dar jate hai :pound:

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag

US have 65 million twitter user means it can influence over 40% voters in US elections.

A mare 17.5 million accounts in India means less than 3% people can be influenced by twitter.

Moral of the story - Ground root level contact acknowledging Dharmic ethos wins you elections in Bharat and not marxshit online notepads.

sorcerer

Country flag

warriorextreme

Country flag
Twitter Blocks Rajya Sabha MP Chaudhary Sukhram Singh Yadav's Account: Report in India

So fake journalists are allowed to pedal any bullshit they want but elected members of government get blocked. Twitter is inching closer to getting blocked. I hope all other SM are blocked soon until they start respecting the law of the land.

shade

Country flag
So fake journalists are allowed to pedal any bullshit they want but elected members of government get blocked. Twitter is inching closer to getting blocked. I hope all other SM are blocked soon until they start respecting the law of the land.
Ye SP ka banda hai iirc.

warriorextreme

Country flag
Ye SP ka banda hai iirc.
Got it. It seems he was spreading mis information on farm laws like rest of the opposition MPs. I don't know what to do with such entitled MPs, this is what he said in response to blocking of his account:

I am the third MP; my uncle was an MP, my father was an MP. To withhold an account of such an MP is not a sign of democracy

Moroboshi

Disinformation initiated from twitter can spread through WhatsApp and Facebook. So I won't take it too lightly.

warriorextreme

Country flag

The things on twitter do not just remain on twitter though. Small local news papers also pick it up and further spread the propaganda.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

issue is not whether twitter can influence voting overall,
issue is whether a foreign company can ignore native sensibilities on domestic issues,
issue is whether a foreign company can amplify security problems,
issue is whether a foreign company can keep ignoring Indian law and make up its own rules,
issue is whether a foreign company employees can pass judgements on freedom of speech in contradiction to Indian law.

shade

Country flag
issue is not whether twitter can influence voting overall,
issue is whether a foreign company can ignore native sensibilities on domestic issues,
issue is whether a foreign company can amplify security problems,
issue is whether a foreign company can keep ignoring Indian law and make up its own rules,

issue is whether a foreign company employees can pass judgements on freedom of speech in contradiction to Indian law.
As of now, yes they can.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles