Government Of India Warns Twitter. Twitter out?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I am sure it got overlooked by majority of people here so need to be shared, even though i don't care much about it

Indian social network Koo becomes the most downloaded app in Brazil
Application has already reached the mark of 50 million users

source - https://mundoconectado.com.br/notic...-brasil?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter (use google translate etc)

Credits: Adrenaline / Reproduction
The microblog of the moment, Koo, became the most downloaded free app in Brazil last Saturday ( 19 ), both in iOS how much in Android.
The Indian social network went viral after the controversies involving the Twitter and a possible closure of the company, which now belongs to billionaire Elon Musk.

PlayStore / Playback

Koo, an Indian microblog, very similar to Twitter, became the center of attention during that week. With Musk's attempts ( and confusion ) to change various aspects of the blue bird social network, dismissal of employees ( and abandonment of others, after the entrepreneur's ultimatum ) and the possibility that the platform will come to an end, many Brazilian Twitter users resorted to Koo, making it the second most accessed microblog in the world. Of course, this was not just due to the similarities between the platforms: the Brazilian, worshiping a pun, plunged straight into Koo.
Koo, its possibilities, challenges and problems
The nice yellow bird app has embraced Brazilian users in recent days. Aware of the possibilities of pun on your name, the company explained the reason for the name of the app and even opened a poll to find out if Brazilian users want the name to be changed - but of course the Brazilian preferred not to change, you know, with more than 70% preferring to keep the name.

"Koo is the sound of this cute yellow bird. Not what you are thinking".

Twitter / Playback

According to Zeenews, last Wednesday ( 16 ) the Indian social network reached the mark of 50 million users. It is not yet possible to know whether the microblog will remain in this dizzying rise, but with this week's figures the company has already achieved US $ 200 million in investments.
Continues after advertising
One of the essential factors for this success to last, perhaps is the fall of Twitter itself. If Musk's social network recovers, the possibility for users to remain on it is great and perhaps the alternation between two apps will not become very interesting in the long run, with the possibility of a large number of users staying on Twitter and leaving the yellow bird aside.
Well, whoever has Koo is afraid. The company has interacted with Brazilians in an almost obsessive way so as not to miss this chance. They are willing to make several changes to suit their new audience, adding new features, such as new languages ( Portuguese included ), especially for regional content creators, bug fixes and timeline changes.

Although the puns and animation of the app's development team brought great moments of interaction between the public and the company, and this platform may indeed be a viable option, if Twitter ceases to exist; there are issues that concern users who are still afraid to embark on this new social network.
Security has been one of the points to take into account. To prove that the security of the platform is fragile, a hacker broke into the profile recently created by YouTuber Felipe Neto.

Today, Twitter has several accessibility features, such as image description, which enable PCDs ( People with Disabilities ) to use the platform, making the app one of the most attractive social networks for this portion of the population. Unfortunately, the Koo application does not have these features, which would make this platform change at least miserable for these users, and even impossible for so many others.
Game producer and audio writer Nicole Somera has exposed the issue on Twitter and tried to raise awareness among users and the Koo app about including accessibility features:

Continues after advertising
Another issue that bothers many users is how much the app's origin has become a haven for Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, his supporters and far-right celebrities in the country.
Modi engaged in a battle with Twitter to block the platform from opponents. At first the platform answered, but went back and said there was no reason to restrict these accounts. Dissatisfied with this outcome, the Indian leader migrated to Koo, with several other people recognized from India and who supported his decision. And there are accusations that the social network amplifies state propaganda.
Beyond this point, the platform - like many others - says it fights hate speech, but there are several cases of prejudice and hatred directed at Muslims.
There are many questions that will be addressed in the coming days. This is a novel that we will follow closely and see its developments. But if it depends on Koo, its discovery by Brazilians is the event of the year and they will make the most of this hype. If that becomes positive and will make the platform review certain points and improve to cover everything that has been put, only time will tell.

@ezsasa @IBSA @pampa14 @Indx TechStyle @hit&run @Haldilal and all, now's our chance!

IBSA

Country flag
Application has already reached the mark of 50 million users

"Koo is the sound of this cute yellow bird. Not what you are thinking".
I'm not enthusiastic of social networks. I dont have accounts on Twiiter, Tiktok or the recent Koo. But the name of this Indian social network here in Brazil has become a theme for jokes, because the name Koo sounds very similar to the Portuguese word 'cu', that means 'ass hole'.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I'm not enthusiastic of social networks. I dont have accounts on Twiiter, Tiktok or the recent Koo. But the name of this Indian social network here in Brazil has become a theme for jokes, because the name Koo sounds very similar to the Portuguese word 'cu', that means 'ass hole'.
it's ok. it's a match made in heaven for a country which has a butt lift surgery named after it. :troll:

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
it's ok. it's a match made in heaven for a country which has a butt lift surgery named after it. :troll:

RDT_20221124_1228404934187263514982500.png
RDT_20221124_1230325745585616018559205.png

I see what you did there .

notaname

Country flag
The tale of how twitter works and can suppress anything out of the blue, if it wants by using the tool developed for child pronography.

@ezsasa

Brown collie gets the blame.

The decision was made at the highest levels of the company, but without the knowledge of CEO Jack Dorsey, with former head of legal, policy and trust Vijaya Gadde playing a key role.

An amazing subplot of the Twitter/Hunter Biden laptop affair was how much was done without the knowledge of CEO Jack Dorsey, and how long it took for the situation to get "unfucked" (as one ex-employee put it) even after Dorsey jumped in.

IMG_20221203_100009.jpg

Thread ------

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The tale of how twitter works and can suppress anything out of the blue, if it wants by using the tool developed for child pronography.

@ezsasa

Brown collie gets the blame.

The decision was made at the highest levels of the company, but without the knowledge of CEO Jack Dorsey, with former head of legal, policy and trust Vijaya Gadde playing a key role.

An amazing subplot of the Twitter/Hunter Biden laptop affair was how much was done without the knowledge of CEO Jack Dorsey, and how long it took for the situation to get "unfucked" (as one ex-employee put it) even after Dorsey jumped in.

View attachment 184604

Thread ------

now we wait for these mail dumps to be made public to find out who exactly was behind true indology bans.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
as an experiment i have been using two twitter accounts for a few years now, one i do topical searches and the other almost no topical searches. on the one i do not give any hints to twitter algorithm, it keeps recommending tweets with INC messaging, kunal kamra types messaging, woke messaging but never pro-BJP messaging.

conclusion : twitter algorithms continues to be woke even after new ownership.

bahadur shah duffer

Country flag
as an experiment i have been using two twitter accounts for a few years now, one i do topical searches and the other almost no topical searches. on the one i do not give any hints to twitter algorithm, it keeps recommending tweets with INC messaging, kunal kamra types messaging, woke messaging but never pro-BJP messaging.

who is the overlord of elon musk? Where does elon musk make a significant amount of money from other than USA?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

bro...bro...bro..this is fire.

Stasi. ....:cowboy:

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag

yup same here,
My 2nd acc was parma banned due to I tagged some one really sky high libbu a very 5th grade common sense question during the nupur sharma ep, there i followed ALL so called vagwas and rws, not a single libbu( that comment got some 2k likes that time, before it got nuked).
But my 1st and original acc still donno how thriving!! but here i follow both sides :devil::devil:. And question covertly, still not banned single time in 12 years!!
1675939081516.png

I guess they check whom you follow( to get the orientation) and ban accordingly...

Roshan

Country flag

Woke algorithms have a lot more resources behind them which is why all things being equal you see them. What has changed since the takeover is that shadow banning and censorship has gone down. Gone down and not stopped which is why many alternate, dissident viewpoints that deviate from the ring fenced regime mandated 'narrative' see the light of day. It has led to considerable cognitive dissonance on the part of many libtards especially in usa on matters related to things like vaccines, COVID, lghdtv and the Ukraine situation. My own old account got unbanned quite easily along with guys like Gonzalo Liras.
It must be said in India atleast tooter was dominated by rw in sheer numbers despite the inherent algorithm and bias for quite a few years now.

Indrajit

Country flag

Roshan

Country flag
Matt Taibbi Releases Twitter File Review #18 - Whole of Government Censorship Approach, Including Senate Intel and Legislative Branch

Matt Taibbi Releases Twitter File Review #18 – Whole of Government Censorship Approach, Including Senate Intel and Legislative Branch

March 9, 2023 | Sundance | 125 Comments
Journalist Matt Taibbi released another Twitter File review today [#18 Available Here] showcasing how the opinion of government interests was pushed toward content censorship regardless of the truth within it.

File #18 release is a walk through all of government interests from COVID-19, Vaccination Compliance and maintenance of the Trump-Russia narrative.

I strongly suggest everyone to review the citations Taibbi presents from the documents contained within Twitter’s internal communication. SEE HERE.
One aspect that draws particular interest to those who spent years deconstructing the false Trump-Russia narrative, appears in the section beginning in Tweet #34 where Taibbi again visits the influence of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI).

At the epicenter of the SSCI effort we have always found then Vice-Chair Mark Warner manipulating events. Taibbi pulls this thread a little further with his review of how the SSCI contracted with outside government agencies to maintain the false premise of Russian interference in the 2016 election. A name that might be familiar to those who read the SSCI report on “Russian Active Measures and Disinformation in the 2016 Campaign” might be familiar to you. Taibbi notes:

Profiles portray [Renee] DiResta as a warrior against Russian bots and misinformation, but reporters never inquire about work with DARPA, GEC, and other agencies. In the video below from @MikeBenzCyber, Stamos introduces [Renee DiResta] as having “worked for the CIA.”
DiResta has become the public face of the Censorship-Industrial Complex, a name promoted everywhere as an unquestioned authority on truth, fact, and Internet hygiene, even though her former firm, New Knowledge, has been embroiled in two major disinformation scandals.

This, ultimately, is the most serious problem with the Censorship-Industrial Complex. Packaged as a bulwark against lies and falsehood, it is itself often a major source of disinformation, with American taxpayers funding their own estrangement from reality.
DiResta’s New Knowledge helped design the Hamilton 68 project exposed in the #TwitterFiles. Although it claimed to track “Russian influence,” Hamilton really followed Americans like “Ultra Maga Dog Mom,” “Right2Liberty,” even a British rugby player named Rod Bishop.

On page #3 of the SSCI report, you will note how Renee DiResta was a key player in helping Mark Warner and the Senate Intel Committee to maintain a false narrative against the presidency of Donald Trump. [pdf, page #3 – citation below]:

You can see how the legislative branch, the Senate Intelligence Committee, the same institution that created the weaponized intelligence apparatus where they held oversight, subcontracted the Trump-Russia evidence finding to partners of the intelligence community. This is a symbiotic relationship.

Taibbi is on the right trail in following the SSCI and HPSCI manipulation of the social media platforms, specifically Twitter. In addition to the SSCI creating the structure that supports the intelligence weaponization by DHS and FBI, Senate Intel Chair Richard Burr and then Senate Intel Vice-Chair Mark Warner are at the epicenter of it.

Thread by @mtaibbi on Thread Reader App – Thread Reader App

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles