Google Inc., Cheats Indians

Tamil

Country flag
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/smilingsmilers/joinGuys,

It is bit old but i post here sorry.!!!

This is Serious!!!:help:

After the Chinese demands for Arunachal Pradesh, Google now has started FOOLING Indians as well!

Google shows different maps to Indians and Chinese. In the Indian Version, it shows “Arunachal Pradesh” as a Disputed region (Not even a part of India) where as in the Chinese version, it shows Arunachal Pradesh as an INTEGRAL PART of CHINA!

Our bloody politicians have no will. Let us take it up..

EACH INDIAN YOU KNOW AND LETS SPREAD THE WORLD THAT GOOGLE IS NOT TRUSTFUL SITE.

I am attaching screen shots of the maps that i saw,

:help:

INDIA

CHINA

vijaytripoli

yeah the current force magzine article highlighted this problem( Most likely Tamil had to came to know from that).
But the real problem here is that nobody takes INDIA seriously (whether local counteries, or other ones). Our Own politicians ( Like raj & bala Takrae ) creating the mess & inviting other to take advantage to chalenge Our Motherland.
chau

Flint

That is because China won't let Google operate in their country unless they censor "anti-China" stuff and conform to their rules.

johnee

That is because China won't let Google operate in their country unless they censor "anti-China" stuff and conform to their rules.
China defends its interests, why cant India do the same?!

Emperor

Its simple.
Show your nationalism ,be patriotic towards ur nation and ban all the google products.
Pass the message to friends and family.
Create a webpage calling for Sign-petition to ban google and close its branches in India if it fails apologize to each and every Indian.

I stopped using google products for a long time when I first came across this issue on BRF.

If any computer geeks over there,gather few more geeks and start a new search engine and I will support.We can make every Indian use it.
But please dont bring a crappy mailbox sort of thing like rediff.

.HEIL INDIAN EMPIRE.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Emperor is right, the biggest force running google today is the market i.e consumers they have put the interests of chinese consumers before the interests of indian consumers we should not take this lying down. our government is full of wusses if they won't ban google we the indian netizens will spread the word do not use orkut use facebook ,do not use gmail use rediffmail or msn, do not use google use altavista. bombard the google servers with mail make them change their map. alone we are one together we are millions if the indian netizen so desires he can bring google to it's knees.
JAI HIND!
BHARATIYA SAMRAJYA VIJEYI HO!

johnee

^^^Very noble, patriotic and inspiring thoughts. Just that they dont feel practical. It is easier to bring pressure on GOI(throught media, net and blogs) to take google's mischief seriously and react accordingly.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Find a substitute for google then it can be considered...

prahladh

Respected Member
^^^Very noble, patriotic and inspiring thoughts. Just that they dont feel practical. It is easier to bring pressure on GOI(throught media, net and blogs) to take google's mischief seriously and react accordingly.
Highlighting this issue through Media is the best way but what do we think google should do. What reaction are we expecting? Both China and India are big markets for them.

What google has done here is project our leaders as d!ckless. (just like current takes the less resistive path).

Country flag
if you are using it for your web browser there are substitutes Yahoo,Mozilla, Opera,Safari etc...Google is not a monopoly or make anything exclusively, many will still use google but using another browser and erase google cookies will send a message if enough people do it.

Emperor

Unfortunately am not a software geek.else I would have created a new search engine for the sake of Indians.
It always makes me sad that we being a nation of more than 1.2 billion still depend on outsiders for regular and routine stuff like a simple search engine and operating systems and web browsers.

with the current IT base I expected Indian cos to come up with a different operating system and everything with an Indian substitute.

There cos were well drowned with process of outsourcing works but failed highly to realise their own potential.
We might have our own data base systems, our own servers systems.
None of these IT cos are truelove nationalistic.And people working for them are merely a robotic substance.

Both ISRO and DRDO developed thier own processors,but failed largely in commercializing the same for Indian citizens.This can be considered as another kick back to put down the local strengths.
HCL makes laptops.And it was murdered right in the begining with no big support.We call ourself Indians and often fail to use the Indian made yet we are always for that low cost chinese junk and costly western flares.

I write-off working for any western company that is discriminative towards India or Indians.And I am doing my own research work in the field I am interested in.One day I will put up all my products/designs on the table for my nations defense forces.(I will show my gratitude)

I am not blaming others working for these kind of hell bent companies,but calling/signalling those people to be cautious and to be more nationalistic.

I am not sure how many software geeks were there on DFI/BRF.If anyone over there ,please come out any join hands and do your share for being an INDIAN.

I honestly suck in this software things.else I would have created a webpage calling all the Indians and igniting their patriotic feeling which were asleep all these decades.Hence I opt such avenues like these discussion forums to share my views and opinions.

Or else,I would appreciate any one helping me in technical aspects for creating such webpages/search engines.

JAI HIND. Be Indian Live like Indian.:india:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
If people observe closely its not only Arunachal which is shown as part of China but also Aksai Chin. Its a strong case of double standards by google. Folks, as an effort on our part, please e-mail these images to the News and media outlets that you know to expose the double standards of Google.

prahladh

Respected Member
webpages don't make for any impact or spread message to all. 1.2 bn don't have internet. Need to use media for this.
Will a PIL be legally viable or binding in this case anyone ?

S.A.T.A

Wasn't it reported a while back that Google corrected that particular issue.With Google Indian servers reflecting Indian cartography and the chicom one for the Chinese.

Quickgun Murugan

It doesn't matter what China wants to show its people. The fact of the matter is, the region is considered disputed and every google map except China's acknowledges the same.

Only Google India's map could be changed and not Google world maps(i.e. USA's definition of world maps).

Google by default follows US governments structure of world mapping(The one in every US embassy and other government institutions use). So, if you really want Google's map changed, convince the US Govt and not Google. Else only Google India's map can be changed.

Google dominates the internet user market. Take a look at this statistics.

Alexa - Top Sites in India

We cannot just shun using it just because China regulated its own Google version. China also limits the use of twitter and controls the flow of free information. We really don't want that kind of a bossy regulator do we?

proud_hindustani

Country flag
Indian government should come to know about this and ban google products immediately. they will learn the lesson.

Quickgun Murugan

Indian government should come to know about this and ban google products immediately. they will learn the lesson.
The issue is addressed already yaar. Google India shows proper india map and Google China shows their version. Google.com will show only USA version of world map. So, no point banning google products. Convince USA govt to change their map structure.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles