Godmen pull political strings for special airport security privileges

ejazr

Ambassador
Godmen pull political strings for special airport security privileges - Indian Express

India's godmen want special privileges at airports, and top politicians are willing to indulge them. The civil aviation ministry received requests last month to waive rules for at least three religious leaders — one wanted direct access to the tarmac, the others asked for exemption from physical security checks.

One of the requests was backed by Congress president Sonia Gandhi, another by Sports Minister Ajay Maken.
The Shankaracharya of Kanchi, Jayendra Saraswati, asked to be allowed to go up to the tarmac at airports across the country. The request was backed by a recommendation from Sonia's office, and was granted the same day, a civil aviation ministry official said.
"The request was granted on medical grounds. Shankara-charya's vehicle will be allowed until the tarmac following a security check," the official said.
This exception is granted to select offices including that of the President and the Prime Minister, and to SPG protectees. However, exceptions have been made for Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati before.

Maken sought exemption from frisking for Baba Laxman Das Ji Maharaj of Jhandewalan, revered as "Kalyug ke Bhagwan", saying no human being was allowed to touch him.
In a letter to the ministry written on December 19, Maken said, "No devotee or any other person can physically touch and even (have a) close audience of His Holiness... I therefore request... Baba Laxman Das Maharaj Ji... be exempted from frisking."
The minister said his family has been associated with the Baba's shrine for years, and said exemptions have been granted in "many others cases".
The third request came from Bangalore-based Ramachandrapura Mutt, asking that physical checks be waived for a box of deities carried by the mutt's guru.
Mutt CEO K G Dhar wrote to the ministry on December 26, "We have no objection to X-ray screening but no physical inspection... His Holiness has to open the small box by taking a bath... This may create embarrassment to our His Holiness."

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
In a letter to the ministry written on December 19, Maken said, "No devotee or any other person can physically touch and even (have a) close audience of His Holiness... I therefore request... Baba Laxman Das Maharaj Ji... be exempted from frisking."
Mutt CEO K G Dhar wrote to the ministry on December 26, "We have no objection to X-ray screening but no physical inspection... His Holiness has to open the small box by taking a bath... This may create embarrassment to our His Holiness."
Is this for real ????

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
The minister said his family has been associated with the Baba's shrine for years and said exemptions have been granted in "many others cases"
Is it even any criteria??

Hopeless!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
India's godmen want special privileges at airports, and top politicians are willing to indulge them. The civil aviation ministry received requests last month to waive rules for at least three religious leaders — one wanted direct access to the tarmac, the others asked for exemption from physical security checks.
Can not Their Holinesses fly without benefit of aircraft? That would be truly holy. I suspect they are in fact mere mortals.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Can not Their Holinesses fly without benefit of aircraft? That would be truly holy. I suspect they are in fact mere mortals.
This country has nurtured many holy people, the ones like Robert Vadera & now this nonsence where a union minister sights his family's personal association to Baba to award him exemption from security checks.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Levitation is the best way!
:lol: I wish they could do that. I would've tagged along to cut down my travel expenses.

--

Why Godmen had to run to politicians to enjoy exemptions? Its okay if there are certified medical grounds.

But what nonsense is this ?

Mr.Maken is clearly compromised.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Beatles Guru (I forget his name) could do some levitation hopping.

Maybe he had spring in his posterior or he has ants out there! :rofl:

Reactions: nrj

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Thanks.

Indeed that is the Yogi man.

He made a name for himself by latching onto western celebrities and made good money too!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
It seems these days it is better to become godmen and mint money.

Zoravar

Honestly now days they should make Godman a possible answer in your apptitude test result.

Oracle

Godmen pull political strings for special airport security privileges - Indian Express

One of the requests was backed by Congress president Sonia Gandhi, another by Sports Minister Ajay Maken.
The Shankaracharya of Kanchi, Jayendra Saraswati, asked to be allowed to go up to the tarmac at airports across the country. The request was backed by a recommendation from Sonia's office, and was granted the same day, a civil aviation ministry official said.
"The request was granted on medical grounds. Shankara-charya's vehicle will be allowed until the tarmac following a security check," the official said.

This exception is granted to select offices including that of the President and the Prime Minister, and to SPG protectees. However, exceptions have been made for Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati before.

Maken sought exemption from frisking for Baba Laxman Das Ji Maharaj of Jhandewalan, revered as "Kalyug ke Bhagwan", saying no human being was allowed to touch him.
The minister said his family has been associated with the Baba's shrine for years, and said exemptions have been granted in "many others cases".
The third request came from Bangalore-based Ramachandrapura Mutt, asking that physical checks be waived for a box of deities carried by the mutt's guru.
Had it not been done, right wingers would have been up in arms. Society drives politics.

mayfair

Screw these bloody vile frauds. Godmen my arse. The government must immediately revoke any and all such clearances.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I like the word Godmen.

They are but Faith healers or something like that.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
No one except the official PM and the President (so as to speak in our case) should be allowed to leave unfrisked. This is a national security matter. If it means that they are frisking even gurus and spiritual leaders, the officials are doing their duty.

BTW this law applies to the Gandhi Dynasty as well where Baby G, Madam G, Beti G and her Robert V strut around places requiring security checks as if they own airports, railway stations etc.

The article must throw light on that as well. Since it is the same country, every political or spiritual leader must be frisked. How do you know these guys are not transporting confidential material to external spy/foreign affairs agencies (after seeing the revelation of how close Baby G was to US foreign affairs officials clandestinely)?

Nagraj

What stupidity!
It's a shame that main stream media is not highlighting this stupidity!
somehow veena malik hiding was more important then this farse.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles