Goa : (State news & Discussions)

What do you like about Goa?

• Total voters

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Well I don’t need a 2bhk… just one Pvt room with balcony (having goods view) 😂 let me search and call the hostels… thanks for help… 👍
Ya'll Nibbiars Nothing like that available. Even homestay will be costly for you. And even PG.

A homestay will cost 30,000 PM and PG 15,000 PM but without any food. And if PG then don't even think of drinking or else out of Goa.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I personally can't say. I myself have not roamed entire Goa. I live in North Goa and don't travel to South Goa Very often.

But I would definitely recommend you come to North Goa because you of the Differrent beaches that you will come across here. Here in North we have beaches like :
  • Dona Paula beach
  • Calangute beach
  • Miramar beach
  • Siridao beach
Etc! Also Panjim (Capital of Goa) is situated in North Goa too.
Dona Paula beach has nothing much ,

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Here are some pictures of Grand Hyatt Goa. I always pass through a route which is alongside Hyatt. It's a good hotel I would say. I was travelling by a Car so I could not get the best pictures but here it is. It's basically on the beach side.

If you want to more information about it than please type on the Google search bar :"Grand Hyatt Goa" and you will get all your needed info.

IMG_20220419_094105.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMG_20220419_092432.jpg

IMG_20220419_094121.jpg

Sukrut

Country flag
Yo buddy… wanted to spend a month in Goa. Which is best to visits now( considering it’s off season going now) north Goa or south Goa??
purpose:- nothing just getting bored at home and wanted to do some quality WFH
Honestly during this time, you would want to spend most of the time inside in an air conditioned room due to humidity outside. If at all you want to visit beaches go during the morning hours only. You can book airbnb for a month long stay. I would recommend a stay in areas like asagao, siolim, saligao, ponda in North and shiroda area in south. These places will be somewhat cooler due to greenary around. If you want to have a peaceful stay in natures lap - look for homestays near mollem.
Of course super flanker and billa can help you better since they are locals.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Here are some pictures of Grand Hyatt Goa. I always pass through a route which is alongside Hyatt. It's a good hotel I would say. I was travelling by a Car so I could not get the best pictures but here it is. It's basically on the beach side.

If you want to more information about it than please type on the Google search bar :"Grand Hyatt Goa" and you will get all your needed info.

View attachment 151538
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------View attachment 151539
View attachment 151537
Seen this

Aman kumar

Country flag
Honestly during this time, you would want to spend most of the time inside in an air conditioned room due to humidity outside. If at all you want to visit beaches go during the morning hours only. You can book airbnb for a month long stay. I would recommend a stay in areas like asagao, siolim, saligao, ponda in North and shiroda area in south. These places will be somewhat cooler due to greenary around. If you want to have a peaceful stay in natures lap - look for homestays near mollem.
Of course super flanker and billa can help you better since they are locals.
Thanks bro… I am looking to stay in south Goa only… I am not a party animal just need some relaxing space…

another_armchair

Country flag
Thanks bro… I am looking to stay in south Goa only… I am not a party animal just need some relaxing space…
South Goa is absolutely lovely.

Some nice place near Colva or Betalbatim would do. Couple of places near Martins Corner too and the food at Martins is quite decent.

There was a homestay where I spent a day in South Goa..was too sloshed to even recollect where I was. Will update if I can figure out.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
South Goa is absolutely lovely.

Some nice place near Colva or Betalbatim would do. Couple of places near Martins Corner too and the food at Martins is quite decent.

There was a homestay where I spent a day in South Goa..was too sloshed to even recollect where I was. Will update if I can figure out.
Colva at night is pure delight

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars to phir Mangeshkar mandir ke math mein reh.

Super Flanker

Country flag
I took this picture of Siridao Beach. If I had to take the Picture a little bit towards the right than you would see the All India Radio towers located in Bambolim. Also from that point you can also see Shyama Prasad Mukherjee stadium if I am not wrong. The next time I go there, I will take a better picture.

IMG-20220420-WA0003.jpg

Also during my time on the beach, I happened to be right next to Grand Hyatt hotel (From shore side ofcourse) and I took the picture of the Flying table. I don't know what it is exactly Called though. I think it is Called as 'Hanging restaurant" or "Fly dining".

IMG-20220420-WA0002.jpg

Super Flanker

Country flag
Some updates with reference to Mopa Airport. The airport will be Reportedly Completed by August of 2022.

According to these sources ,Chief Minister Pramod Sawant said in his budget speech that Mopa Airport will be completed by 2022 August.

My personal note : If what these Articles are claimimg is indeed true than I am actually quite surprised that it will be completed by this year, I and many in my Locality were thinking that it will be completed by 2024-25.

1026990-mopa.jpg

I wonder if Indian Airforce/ Navy might decide to station their assets here too (like maybe IAF may base a Squadron of SU-30 MKIs?)

Source of information:-

Super Flanker

Country flag
Just visited the reddit section of "r/Goa".

A user posted a question: "Is Konkani dying?"

I use reddit though not an active user so I posted a comment on the same page, so I will copy paste it here.

I live in Goa and it seems to be true. I see more and more people speaking either Hindi or "Angrej/English". Whenever I travel to Panjim, I see more people speaking in Hindi. English is the most common language here I think because it's the most common language I speak after Hindi, I rarely speak konkani except when I go and speak with some of my friends who have konkani as their mother tongue. In my school, once there was a rule passed (I cannot name my school under the pretext of being anonymous) that the students would be allowed to speak konkani only during the Konkani class and not in any other class, I am not kidding, for real. The reason the principal of our school (I passed out from this school after my 10th) declared this was because allegedly there were some students firing dirty words at each other and speaking foul language with each other, all in Konkani, so this is why the principal the next day after this happened, announced on the mike about this decision. I found this to be very ridiculous. During my initial years of schooling I mostly spoke only konkani in my class during Kg and primary, and even some time during my high school years, after that I noticed a severe decline in the usage of the Konkani language. I don't know how to say it but we Goans are to be blamed for this, we need to bring a change in Goan schools (I am not going to put forward any of my proposal). That said I do use Konkani in my day to day life a lot and I will continue to do so forever in life.

That said, if you visit any village in Goa, then you will find the people over there speak mostly in Konkani, I don't know if it is just me but I find that Goan Catholics in general speak more konkani. I can't speak konkani very fluently though I can understand the day to day conversations among my own family, I hail from a catholic family myself, I used to always fail in Konkani in my school or at most just pass my classes, I dropped konkani and took French afterwards from 8th onwards. There are people who speak Konkani all over Goa, try going to Villages in Old Goa for e.g, you will see how most of them speak konkani.

I posted the above comment on the reddit page.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Happy Goa Liberation day! Today the 19th of December marks 62 years of Goa's independence from more than four centuries of Portuguese rule. Goa was liberated on the 19th of December, 1961, may God bless our beloved state of Goa.

By the way, Erstwhile USSR played a major role in the UN against West on the matter of Goa's independence from the Portuguese!

How? Basically after Portuguese were driven out of Goa, they went to the UN like cry babies with a resolution demanding that India withdraw it's forces from Goa. This resolution was supported by countries such as the UK, US and France, China, Chile, Brazil, Ecaudor. But USSR used it's Veto power against the resolution. This is why USSR was a true friend of India, I kinda wished that USSR wouldn't have collapsed. This is why most Goans are pro Russian, especially the older generation, the newer generation is kinda of the liberal kind.

Mog Asundi! 🙏

Global Defence

New threads

Articles