Goa : (State news & Discussions)

What do you like about Goa?

• Total voters

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Kamar tut jayegi.. The roads are great but lots of curves. It takes a lot of time. Also if you are not used to riding in the ghats, safer to have a 4 wheeler.
I used to travel to Hubli many times few years back (I am Estimating that I have gone like 10+ times to Hubli) and whenever I travelled to Hubli, we always used 4 wheeler. I would definitely not recommend using a 2 wheeler.

To travel to Hubli, you have to cross through Chorla/Anmod Ghat (sorry I don't exactly remember the name of the Ghat because it was like 5 years back).

And again I say that you should use 4 wheeler and not 2 wheeler as in areas like the Ghats ,it's dangerous as 2 wheeler exposes you to wildlife and Incase there are leopards and worst case scenario : Tigers. Also other wildlife is there which can prove to be dangerous.

And especially at night, I would absolutely not recommend traveling in 2 wheeler. You are much safer in a 4 wheeler.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Never been to Goa never ought to but an essential state of india wrt economy tourism ecology etc.
But I still remember the page posted by @asaffronladoftherisingsun where it's written that Portuguese were torturing hides and converting them to Christians with no mercy and then the great chhatrapati arrived for their savior
He did ghar wapsi then asked so called fathers to convert into hindu for mistakes they have done they didn't they died
This story touched my heart
Today I think what India would have been without chhatrapati

Super Flanker

Country flag
I wanted to post a picture of Shyama Prasad Mukherjee stadium as there is a sidewalk near the stadium and I and my parents frequently go to walk there, I decided to click a picture of the Building. It's not the best picture though and it was clicked during late evening:
IMG_20220305_195427.jpg

IMG_20220305_195427.jpg

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Yes. I am a konkani. Guhagar is where my ancestors come from. But then my folks moved to different parts of india later
Ya'll Nibbiars near Chiplun and dabhol.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Goa - based on my two times visit to that state.
Treats Indian tourists like piece of shit. Scooty rental mafia always tries to thrash people. Police non existent and anyways they always try to scare tourists away and doesn't matter what always support the local. But foreign cheap ass tourists are gods they arrange best possible treatment for them. Always Licking them up.
If u are a Delhi wala be ready u will be assaulted by all sides special dislike towards delhites is deep rooted in goya. In my opinion totally a non welcoming and ungrateful state. 😓

I felt like administration of even kashmir is much better than goa at least law and order supports us in goa sabh kuch hi ram bharose hai.

*India's best party place if you manage to keep your head down and just keep moving forward regardless of how aggressive people try to push you and humiliate u. ( doesn't apply for foreign tourists tho they are always welcomed.)

Last edited:

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Goa - based on my two times visit to that state.
Treats Indian tourists like piece of shit. Scooty rental mafia always tries to thrash people. Police non existent and anyways they always try to scare tourists away and doesn't matter what always support the local. But foreign cheap ass tourists are gods they arrange best possible treatment for them. Always Licking them up.
If u are a Delhi wala be ready u will be assaulted by all sides special dislike towards delhites is deep rooted in goya. In my opinion totally a non welcoming and ungrateful state. 😓

I felt like administration of even kashmir is much better than goa at least law and order supports us in goa sabh kuch hi ram bharose hai.

*India's best party place if you manage to keep your head down and just keep moving forward regardless of how aggressive people try to push you and humiliate u. ( doesn't apply for foreign tourists tho they are always welcomed.)
Compared goa to Thailand Maldives (Dubai) as a Indian tourist i would prefer to go these states as they offer better security for Indian nationals and overall better hospitality . ( but goa ke beaches better hai)

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Compared goa to Thailand Maldives (Dubai) as a Indian tourist i would prefer to go these states as they offer better security for Indian nationals and overall better hospitality . ( but goa ke beaches better hai)
What stops you from visiting Karnataka's untouched beaches? Take a bike ride from Goa to Sindhudurg (towards maha) and see what you would NOT miss in Goa.

The entire stretch has humble homes and welcoming villagers, both on karnataka side and maharashtra side. Only thing is that you won't get many hotels. But the + point is the amazing seafood and local foods that you can enjoy by staying with locals.

Sukrut

Country flag
Probably a misunderstanding on both the sides brother. I am a frequent and Goans are truly fed up of indian tourists who create nuisance, litter, take drugs, make the girls feel uncomfortable on the beach and do cheap stuff. Unfortunately most of them come from North. But because of those few they treat all the North indians this way which is incorrect. But if you try to talk to the people there nicely, they will surely reciprocate positively.
They also have their insecurities of people from other states buying land in goa and generally many from delhi and other northern states buy lands in goa. It adds up to the reason behind their rudeness.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Probably a misunderstanding on both the sides brother. I am a frequent and Goans are truly fed up of indian tourists who create nuisance, litter, take drugs, make the girls feel uncomfortable on the beach and do cheap stuff. Unfortunately most of them come from North. But because of those few they treat all the North indians this way which is incorrect. But if you try to talk to the people there nicely, they will surely reciprocate positively.
They also have their insecurities of people from other states buying land in goa and generally many from delhi and other northern states buy lands in goa. It adds up to the reason behind their rudeness.
That is definitely true. Here in my Locality also, many people including my entire Family tend to have a dislike for people from the Northern states especially (i.e Delhi, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand etc).

My mother hates people from these states and I will explain why. You see, we have a large family farm and for this my mother hires labourers. Most of these labourers were not native to Goa (they were not From Goa). During some points of works they used to just leave and run away. Sometimes they used to runway during the night without informing us. Also once one of these labourers has stolen my mom's phone also.

And lastly I will tell you about one more incident with regards to this. At one point in the pandemic, no one was willing to Come to work. My mom later found someone from Odisha who was willing to do so. For this, she had gone to Odisha to bring him here! And that too by flight. After coming to Goa airport and going to the field. He was working fine for few days until he had started to become all "Irritating" type. He stated saying things like "I want extra salary", 'i want free rent" and I want to work less time during the day and get paid. These were the demands that he started making and my mother was not at-atll ready to fullfil it and hence in the end, this Labourer ran away.

And this is why my mom has a sense of Hatred for people in North, north eastern/western states. I don't myself hate them though.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
I'm also fed up of poor migrants which come from all over the india to work in Delhi. Mumbai is hosting labour from all over the india. Many create a bright fortune in these states and many create havoc. But it's not my job to beat the shit out of them it's the work of police to maintain law and order. In goa it's not the job of local people's to implement law and order. Drugs and everything works because of willing local administration.

Super Flanker

Country flag
If you want to know about the Churches of Goa (i.e. Immaculate conception Church, Basilica of bom Jesus etc) than I would recommend watching the Following videos here :-

If you want to know about the famous temples in Goa than here watch these Videos. Some famous temples in Goa are :
  • Mangeshi Temple
  • Shri Shantadurga Temple
  • Mahadeva Temple
  • Mahalasa Temple
  • Mahalaxmi Temple
  • Shri Saptakoteshwar Temple

Aman kumar

Country flag
Yo buddy… wanted to spend a month in Goa. Which is best to visits now( considering it’s off season going now) north Goa or south Goa??
purpose:- nothing just getting bored at home and wanted to do some quality WFH

Aman kumar

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars any season its a hour journey from my village. Via tihalari Marg. Aab to bore hue hai goa dekh ke. Well I have seen like most of you have never seen. Indian Navy establishment thanks to our radar officer kaka.
Bro… I wanted some suggestions for myself 😂 kidhar rahna sahi rhega…

Super Flanker

Country flag
Yo buddy… wanted to spend a month in Goa. Which is best to visits now( considering it’s off season going now) north Goa or south Goa??
purpose:- nothing just getting bored at home and wanted to do some quality WFH
I personally can't say. I myself have not roamed entire Goa. I live in North Goa and don't travel to South Goa Very often.

But I would definitely recommend you come to North Goa because you of the Differrent beaches that you will come across here. Here in North we have beaches like :
  • Dona Paula beach
  • Calangute beach
  • Miramar beach
  • Siridao beach
Etc! Also Panjim (Capital of Goa) is situated in North Goa too.

Aman kumar

Country flag
I personally can't say. I myself have not roamed entire Goa. I live in North Goa and don't travel to South Goa Very often.

But I would definitely recommend you come to North Goa because you of the Differrent beaches that you will come across here. Here in North we have beaches like :
  • Dona Paula beach
  • Calangute beach
  • Miramar beach
  • Siridao beach
Etc! Also Panjim (Capital of Goa) is situated in North Goa too.
What is the avg cost of hostels (single room) on monthly basis… or what is the best and sasta way to living in Goa

Aman kumar

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars minimum 15,000 for a small 2 BHk but can't find available for a months. Minimum 3 se 4 mahine.
Well I don’t need a 2bhk… just one Pvt room with balcony (having goods view) 😂 let me search and call the hostels… thanks for help… 👍

Super Flanker

Country flag
What is the avg cost of hostels (single room) on monthly basis… or what is the best and sasta way to living in Goa
I don't know myself with regards to this because i myself have never stayed in a hotel close to the beach and why will I need to?

That is because my house is like only 3 kms at most from the beach and you can go only walking distance. I live 3 kms from Siridao beach and here there is a hotel (5 star etc) Called "Haiath". It's right next to Siridao. I will provide you further details a bit later.

But let me tell you. It's not "Cheap"!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles