Global Think tank discussions on India & neighbourhood

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
She was an Asst.Secretary of state , that would be a pretty standard way of looking at India.

Also read this bit.
Ayres is also married to an Indian American -- scholar in residence at the American Enterprise Institute's Sadanand Dhume who also heads this neo-conservative think tank's South Asia Programme.
oh my, didn't know about this.
So Bharat bashing is a family business. wonder who turned who.

and that makes dhume the classic example of an Useful Idiot.

Covfefe

Country flag
Atif Mian is the guy niazi fired from Economic advisor post for being a ahmedi.
but looking at the problem statements he is mentioning, looks like he was fired because he would have gone after paki elites with his economic policies.
=========
A conversation with Princeton economist Professor Atif Mian and Shuja Nawaz

Shuja Nawaj is a soft propagandist of Pakistan. He is what the Pakistani side present as a liberal voice but he too whitewashes/ cancels the discussion on Pak Army

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Pro-Pak lobby discussing how to improve US-Pak relationship. Pak NSA mooed yusuf was an employee of USIP, which is part of the debate.
almost all points on predictable lines, them hoping somehow US-Pak relationship works, but upon scrutiny on each point realising it may not work. this debate recognises islamisation of pak eduction system under niazi, let's see if it will be used against pak by washington (i am not holding my breath on this one).

But Bruce Riedel is saying something interesting:
- Pak should not be sanctioned
- Pak can be useful in negotiating between US and Iran
- He continues to be against abrogation of 370 (the move must have hurt his ego because he couldn't predict it while being the world's foremost american expert on US-PAK-INDIA affairs).
- The usual threat of Paki jernail getting emboldened with their recent victory in Afghanistan, there fore attacking India. and things heating up between two nuclear armed neighbours (old trope).

all pak establishment needs to do is to listen to these folks, to make matters worse for itself.
=======
The future of US-Pakistan relations

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
- Looks like Philippines foreign policy is designed to preserve themselves from power competition between China and US
- The guy spoke like an extension of chinese foreign policy. too much praise for china and snide remarks at US.
- Muricans seems to have screwed up their foreign policy in ASEAN and SCS countries, with their exceptionalism. Their high handed approach in the past is costing them now.
- QUAD hasn't reached ASEAN.
- US PACOM overly trusts PLA. PLA doesn't, holds it's cards close to their chest.
=========
In Conversation with Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro L. Locsin Jr.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Arvind Subramanian is targetting Adani and Ambani, refers to them in multiple slides.
haven't watched raghuram rajan's part of the speech.
============
Arvind Subramanian & Raghuram Rajan (Discussant) – Is the Indian Economy Back?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Fairly clear articulation of Government's direction on Various sectors including Data Localisation
===============
#CyFy2021 Curtain Raiser with Minister of State Rajeev Chandrasekhar and Samir Saran

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Fairly Reasonable and wide ranging discussion on state of affairs. also raises important questions.
I think there is a clue in here why Ambani and Adani are being singled out and targeted by Globalisation crowd, let some gyani confirm the theory then i will post it here.
===============
Tech Partnerships in a Divided World

doreamon

Country flag
Arvind Subramanian is targetting Adani and Ambani, refers to them in multiple slides.
============

Raghuram rajan speech is even more onsided . Gives example of bullet train delay to corner modi and hides the real culprit ... Then it takes a turn in to muslim prosecution.. How India ll not rise due to muslim prosecution ... Tired of this muslim prosecution narrative .. i wish it was true so that i cld listen the opposite views on economy etc .. It is so driven by agenda .

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Raghuram rajan speech is even more onsided . Gives example of bullet train delay to corner modi and hides the real culprit ... Then it takes a turn in to muslim prosecution.. How India ll not rise due to muslim prosecution ... Tired of this muslim prosecution narrative .. i wish it was true so that i cld listen the opposite views on economy etc .. It is so driven by agenda .
His speeches don't belong to an economist by a mile. Previously, he larped over abrogation of 370 and growing Islamophobia as "economic" failures of government.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
============

His covid death estimate rant was picked by every Librandu newspaper globally. That was the deal, ‘to be made popular on that scale’. Everything was alleged and a guesstimate. Stopped worrying about what this insect says afterwards. He is sold toe to crump and loving being part of librandu eco-system.

doreamon

Country flag
His speeches don't belong to an economist by a mile. Previously, he larped over abrogation of 370 and growing Islamophobia as "economic" failures of government.
This is wht troubles me .. He is highly educated.. where is academics in his views .. its politics .. prejudice ... This guy was in top level position india .. And this was the guy who suggested that Nyaya scheme . That makes me question whether these people really care for Indian interest ..

After all those qualification if india cnt produce a Indian who looks beyound ideology or prejudice ..think for national interest then there is something wrong in the system .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
His covid death estimate rant was picked by every Librandu newspaper globally. That was the deal, ‘to be made popular on that scale’. Everything was alleged and a guesstimate. Stopped worrying about what this insect says afterwards. He is sold toe to crump and loving being part of librandu eco-system.
he was on his book tour at that time, any publicity is good publicity funda applies.

Well in that case considering the stats presented in the below video, is India really in such a bad state? This video was pre-COVID19. Now with the effect of the virus, if this video was even 50% true, i am worried about the future.

I do understand that this is NDTV video. Pranay presented it in a way as if India is on the verge of becoming another Venezuela :D

this interview was done when aravind Subramanian was on his book promotion tour, learn to recognise narratives when you see one.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
This is wht troubles me .. He is highly educated.. where is academics in his views .. its politics .. prejudice ... This guy was in top level position india .. And this was the guy who suggested that Nyaya scheme . That makes me question whether these people really care for Indian interest ..

After all those qualification if india cnt produce a Indian who looks beyound ideology or prejudice ..think for national interest then there is something wrong in the system .
They are now active chips of Soros’s bet; bought on high price. From politics, religion, policy, economy and conflicts they are going to add worms in every thing.

They trade their profiles. All these seminars, talks, doomsday predictions are scripted and work on brief given to them by HQ. Not to mention these are not random one off interjections but complement on ground controversies and disruptions they have planted or may plant in future.

I may sound contradictory therefore let me be clear. Always listen to them religiously not they are doing correct analysis but they leave a lot diagnositc clues to decode what they are planning. Only issue which stand between their analysis is goverment’s abilty to keep defeating them. Sometimes they win too.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
More than India, looks like we have to start wondering whether US can get it's $hit together.
they can't seem to have a normal conversation without making it ideological. at this rate their institutional ability to think clearly might shrink decade after decade unless chinese bless them with a world war.
===========
Union Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman at Harvard Kennedy School, Boston, USA, on 12.10.2021

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
More than India, looks like we have to start wondering whether US can get it's $hit together.
they can't seem to have a normal conversation without making it ideological. at this rate their institutional ability to think clearly might shrink decade after decade unless chinese bless them with a world war.
===========
Union Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman at Harvard Kennedy School, Boston, USA, on 12.10.2021

case in point.
This is happening across the board in US.
=============

I was hoping we could agree that BASC does not consider an individual's political or social opinions when selecting speakers for its events, except for cases in which the opinions give a reasonable expectation that members of our community would be treated with disrespect.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Ola's Bhavesh told Sameer Saran to move on from old thinking of "Government mera mai baap", let's see if sameer saran is open minded enough to adapt to it.
=========
The two-wheeler needs to be reinvented--to represent excitement, freedom, and joy - Bhavish Aggarwal

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
This ORF's ongoing Cyfy 2021 events, the topics they have chosen are all murican talking points, more specifically liberal talking points. not sure how much of this useful for common Indian or India in general.

In most of these sessions, there are less people watching it than the number of participants.

Covfefe

Country flag
This ORF's ongoing Cyfy 2021 events, the topics they have chosen are all murican talking points, more specifically liberal talking points. not sure how much of this useful for common Indian or India in general.

In most of these sessions, there are less people watching it than the number of participants.
Democrats are aggressive ideologues(especially when you don't have oil). We must expect more of these in the coming days.

And such events are hardly useful for attendees, they are designed for participants only. Carrying ahead the ideological flags of their respective dug-outs, and work as networking sessions for government functionaries of various countries.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Democrats are aggressive ideologues(especially when you don't have oil). We must expect more of these in the coming days.

And such events are hardly useful for attendees, they are designed for participants only. Carrying ahead the ideological flags of their respective dug-outs, and work as networking sessions for government functionaries of various countries.
The impact of this institutional takeover is that, there is hardly any space left in India to talk about new ideas beneficial to India. if this continues india will forever be a service provider, not an ideator.

This is colonisation of a different kind.

P.S : effect of reading J Sai deepak's India that is Bharat .

Covfefe

Country flag
The impact of this institutional takeover is that, there is hardly any space left in India to talk about new ideas beneficial to India. if this continues india will forever be a service provider, not an ideator.

This is colonisation of a different kind.

P.S : effect of reading J Sai deepak's India that is Bharat .
Do you think this cultural Marxism/ wokeism/ self-victimization would lead to an eventual downfall of the US? I mean, they don't seem to agree upon anything collectively to put a fight together.

As far as India is concerned, I guess even the RW will have to suck upto the States for now, but in longer run, it looks difficult. India has resisted change for centuries but medium term effects are bound to be there

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles