Global Think tank discussions on India & neighbourhood

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Whatever they are saying will make sense to us only after 10 years i guess.
- U.S Army seem to be focussed on pacific part of Indo-pacific, not much thinking happening on indo side of things.
- They seem be planning for mega cities as battlefields as well.
- New Long range strike weapons to take out the archer, not just focussing on the arrows.
- Creation of protective bubbles for forward troops inside enemy territory.
- New Vertical lift long range airlift capability.
- two brigades training in arctic.
==========
The Army in the Indo-Pacific: A Conversation with General James McConville and General Paul LaCamera

dont look too much into this,i have already written of usa as just a stepping stone which is already sinking in a river.the choice is left to india to take advantage of this and use it to rise up,so goes for other asian countries which are more serious.this is more for show,whether if was biden or trump.the internal politics of usa wont allow for the political decisions and capability and money need for defence that will deter china,just slow it down.it is upto us to solve our own problems.this buys us time.DONT DEPEND ON THEM,BECOME A POLE IN YOUR OWN RIGHT.

The actions you see now are just inertia as polotics and decisions on the ground are down stream from values which are downstream from culture,demography,etc.the ddemography was changed slowly first,then the culture,the actions will soon be seen on ground to reflect this reality and this is just inertia from another culture and people.CHINA JUST NEEDS TO WAIT OUT USA LIKE A TEST BATSMAN AND SMASH THE ODD BAD BALL(TAKE ADVANTAGE OF INDIVIDUAL GAPS IN THE MEANTIME LIKE MYANMAR,ETC).

USA IS GOING TO BE JUST A BIG UK,BRAZIL HYBRID MILITARY,VERY HIGH EXPENDITURE FOR SO LITTLE EQUIPMENT ON THE GROUND AND BAD AQUISITIONS THAT WOULD BEAT EVEN THE BAD TIMES OF INDIAN ARMY WHICH WILL CAUSE DELAYS,DECAYING DEFENCE INDUSTRY,ETC.IT WILL HAVE AN INTERNAL POLITICS THAT IS NOT SUITED FOR TAKING ON BIG PEER NATIONS UNLESS CHINA DOES SOMETHING STUPID AND UNITES THEM.

Last edited:

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
dont look too much into this,i have already written of usa as just a stepping stone which is already sinking in a river.the choice is left to india to take advantage of this and use it to rise up,so goes for other asian countries which are more serious.this is more for show,whether if was biden or trump.the internal politics of usa wont allow for the political decisions and capability and money need for defence that will deter china,just slow it down.it is upto us to solve our own problems.this buys us time.DONT DEPEND ON THEM,BECOME A POLE IN YOUR OWN RIGHT.

The actions you see now are just inertia as polotics and decisions on the ground are down stream from values which are downstream from culture,demography,etc.the ddemography was changed slowly first,then the culture,the actions will soon be seen on ground to reflect this reality and this is just inertia from another culture and people.CHINA JUST NEEDS TO WAIT OUT USA LIKE A TEST BATSMAN AND SMASH THE ODD BAD BALL(TAKE ADVANTAGE OF INDIVIDUAL GAPS IN THE MEANTIME LIKE MYANMAR,ETC).

USA IS GOING TO BE JUST A BIG UK,BRAZIL HYBRID MILITARY,VERY HIGH EXPENDITURE FOR SO LITTLE EQUIPMENT ON THE GROUND AND BAD AQUISITIONS THAT WOULD BEAT EVEN THE BAD TIMES OF INDIAN ARMY WHICH WILL CAUSE DELAYS,DECAYING DEFENCE INDUSTRY,ETC.IT WILL HAVE AN INTERNAL POLITICS THAT IS NOT SUITED FOR TAKING ON BIG PEER NATIONS UNLESS CHINA DOES SOMETHING STUPID AND UNITES THEM.
it will still be a beacon for moochers and middle class labour from relatively underdeveloped countries like china and india way after it realizes it is not the biggest player due to its internal constraints and decisions.

if that is the criteria for it to be a major power,then it can be considered so.but otherwise the actual effective and utilizable strength of the usa is less than the on paper strength. they just took the end of history lie of liberals seriously(it was a lie as history nevers ends and there is always reasons for war).

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

I'd say, keep an open mind mate.. everything is subject to change.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
I'd say, keep an open mind mate.. everything is subject to change.
i get your point but

i always think in probabilities and right now i am shorting the stock of america.

i know there is a chance but the chance is a lot worse than india,if china is smart they would concentrate on india as america has more holes in its ship.even if it is the largest ship around theoretically,it is effectively less potent against china as it has more holes in it and its crew members are trying to poke more as we speak (these actions also have cultural momentum and also backing by the establishment at present) and also at the moment the crew is increasingly being manned by people ambivalent to china's rise at best, openly hating american progress and interested in transforming america to a form where it wont be able to challenge china at all in multiple domains.this at a time when they need every cylinder in every department and every gun firing in cohesion.

i dont know,i am just saying india better not have in its future plans ; the usa to fulfill the main thrust against the chinese and be ready to carry out our strategic aims without them.

no major news outlet seems to talk about this aspect in the west,that they dont have any special silver bullet against the chinese.infact china has some advantages that the west does not have.when you array the forces against each other you realize that the only way china can face a bad situation is if it does something stupid to unite everyone against it,but if they bide their time,they can win as time is on their side.

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Chinese ideology is Beijing at the centre of universe .
Everyone else is a vessel state to Beijing. That's why chinese are incapable of forming alliances. That's why they have no friends other than north korea and Pakistan.
Did they really have an option? If they wanted an alliance, would it have worked? Which power could they make alliance and rise and reach where they are now? They couldn't make alliance with the Japs, the Pommys, the Yankees and I have to say sadly that India too could not be a genuine friend or ally to anybody with Congress in power. Any small weak and non-hostile state they would have allied with would only seek favor and weaken China. India tried that and got nothing in return.

They can't make alliance with the threat and the one (India) that wasn't a threat, didn't have a spine to be an ally and it wasn't/isn't strong enough to be neutral and safe. I think we can make alliance with China if we deal with them right, gotta stand up to them too because they respect strength. Giving them respect without standing up to them makes them think that you are weak which is what Nehru did. I am sure they have huge ambitions but they do not seek to commit suicide through conflicts either. People to people to interaction (especially in each others native tongues) would forge greater trust and friendship between us. We gotta work on it, hopefully we are working on it.

We will be fine and ultimately biggest and most powerful nation on this planet.
India will cease to exist when/if it has become that powerful. India will also cease to exist if for some reason it doesn't become powerful enough. We may have to play balancing game for sometime where any form of alliance or partnership with US would nullify CCP and vice versa.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Donno when will Bharat will get rid of Brown coolie culture.
or may be that's the way world runs, and we are the ones who have to adjust to it.

who ever this guy is, couldn't resist adding his own personal political aganda to this technical discussion. apparently majoritarianism & crony capitalism are ripe in india at the moment.
========
Global Perspectives | Indian-Russian Relations

DerBronzeLord

Country flag

Everyone is underestimating the US due to its bad state right now. The American state doesn't work based on the whims and fancies of the American people. The American deep state and bureaucracy is one of the smartest on the planet. Don't forget that their alliances are wide-spread and they are still the largest economy on the planet. They have one of the most powerful navies and an air force which by sheer number outnumbers most other air forces. I am not saying that the US is an omnipresent, invincible power, but they are still pretty damn powerful. They are a decaying power, but still very powerful. Their collapse is still 3-4 decades away, during which, India must take all advantage of them(industrial espionage, tech transfers, etc.), and become an equal partner in the QUAD. We may not be as powerful as them economically or militarily, but America should never become the leader of the QUAD.

A thread on the multipolarity of the world should definitely be created. India achieving the same strength as either the US or China in the next few decades is not possible. However, by the 2040's, India could be to China, what China is to the US today. An equal superpower would be possible by the mid-2050's. I also believe speculation on the future of the world beyond 2035 is useless, as too many unknown variables and events may take place. You can see this in books of dudes like George Friedman who tried to predict the 2020's in the 1990's. It was highly informative, but also pretty goddamn funny. An experienced foreign policy advisor/analyst got the future wrong by such a huge margin. Again, speculation beyond a decade or two is useless.

Read these articles:

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/china/2021-03-03/china-not-ten-feet-tall

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/06/30/china-united-states-new-cold-war-foreign-policy/

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/04/06/us-china-ideology-communism-capitalism/

If you have more than 20 minutes to spare, an absolutely brilliant YT channel, whatifalthist, made this video recently, which I HIGHLY recommend everyone watch:

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Liberandu have wanted G2 for long time. But they miscalculated china badly. China is not interested in sharing power with a weak usa. It only wanted G2 to bide it's time.

Chinese ideology is Beijing at the centre of universe .
Everyone else is a vessel state to Beijing. That's why chinese are incapable of forming alliances. That's why they have no friends other than north korea and Pakistan.

Anyway we have nothing to fear so long we have strong nuclear deterrence our securty will remain unaffected G2 or not.

The only way G2 hurts us is by slowing down are economic growth but that too will not be very effective as other powers which are rising will seek india to counterbalance such G2. ( Japan , Indonesia , Europe , russia) comes to mind.

We will be fine and ultimately biggest and most powerful nation on this planet.
It's vassal

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Everyone is underestimating the US due to its bad state right now. The American state doesn't work based on the whims and fancies of the American people. The American deep state and bureaucracy is one of the smartest on the planet. Don't forget that their alliances are wide-spread and they are still the largest economy on the planet. They have one of the most powerful navies and an air force which by sheer number outnumbers most other air forces. I am not saying that the US is an omnipresent, invincible power, but they are still pretty damn powerful. They are a decaying power, but still very powerful. Their collapse is still 3-4 decades away, during which, India must take all advantage of them(industrial espionage, tech transfers, etc.), and become an equal partner in the QUAD. We may not be as powerful as them economically or militarily, but America should never become the leader of the QUAD.

A thread on the multipolarity of the world should definitely be created. India achieving the same strength as either the US or China in the next few decades is not possible. However, by the 2040's, India could be to China, what China is to the US today. An equal superpower would be possible by the mid-2050's. I also believe speculation on the future of the world beyond 2035 is useless, as too many unknown variables and events may take place. You can see this in books of dudes like George Friedman who tried to predict the 2020's in the 1990's. It was highly informative, but also pretty goddamn funny. An experienced foreign policy advisor/analyst got the future wrong by such a huge margin. Again, speculation beyond a decade or two is useless.

Read these articles:

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/china/2021-03-03/china-not-ten-feet-tall

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/06/30/china-united-states-new-cold-war-foreign-policy/

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/04/06/us-china-ideology-communism-capitalism/

If you have more than 20 minutes to spare, an absolutely brilliant YT channel, whatifalthist, made this video recently, which I HIGHLY recommend everyone watch:

i just have only one thing to say,if china and usa both decline due to different and various internal and external reasons,it will ultimately be a loss for usa as it is the status quo power.it also has less staying power as culture and is being just a state for consumerism.you need to have an identity,even little more than that.it is also very diverse and it is getting more diverse and it will be more ungovernable and divided as a result.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
QUAD undermining project is well underway.

as per that Asia society scholar(Vietnam lady) in the debate,India is not an democracy and is an “evolving autocracy” because of modi.

The questions are framed in such a way as if it is China who is trying to find out if QUAD is a risk to them.

Last edited:

Deadtrap

Country flag

as per that Asia society scholar(Vietnam lady) in the debate,India is not an democracy and is an “evolving autocracy” because of modi.

The questions are framed in such a way as if it is China who is trying to find out if QUAD is a risk to them.

Who cares what tiny shit fuck face Vietnamese says.

Edinburgh

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

That's how narratives are built, salma quoting sabrina..
morning i came across a squint article quoting jefferey gettleman, which is basically a journalist quoting another journalist, a common trick commies use.
may be initial source from someone's Twitter

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Says a Vietnamese who himself doesn’t have democracy in his own country called Vietnam.

FGFAPilot1

Country flag
One thing I've realized, we should stop trying to portray ourselves in the image of what others want. If others find democracy attractive, so be it, if we are not 'democratic' according to their definition then so what?

We should frame our own standards and shout it out from the top of the hill that we work on the framework which suits us and not one which satisfies your desires.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
One thing I've realized, we should stop trying to portray ourselves in the image of what others want. If others find democracy attractive, so be it, if we are not 'democratic' according to their definition then so what?

We should frame our own standards and shout it out from the top of the hill that we work on the framework which suits us and not one which satisfies your desires.
That's the definition of official mouthpiece

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag

That's how narratives are built, salma quoting sabrina..
morning i came across a squint article quoting jefferey gettleman, which is basically a journalist quoting another journalist, a common trick commies use.
It is called the 'citation loop'. Very common in left liberal circles. Similar tricks are also used in our history books by the Roman Thappar and co. to whitewash the misdeeds of mughals.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Mcmaster couldn't refrain himself from talking about hindutva politics as last question.
=======
EAM in conversation with General HR McMaster in Battlegrounds session

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles