Global Think tank discussions on India & neighbourhood

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
U.S.-China Relations and its Impact on National Security and Intelligence in a Post-COVID World

Witnesses:
Dr. Tanvi Madan – Senior Fellow, Foreign Policy, The Brookings Institution
Dr. Evan Medeiros – Penner Family Chair in Asian Studies and Cling Family Distinguished Fellow, School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University
Mr. Orville Schell – Arthur Ross Director, Center on US-China Relations, Asia Society
Ms. Meredith Sumpter – Head of Research Strategy and Operations, Eurasia Group

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
My observation from this conversation is that none of the participants had any useful advice for India.

sometimes I suspect some of these conversations take place, just to ensure the discourse doesn’t move forward and contradictions are brought forward to sow doubts.
==========
Crossing the precipice: The India-China border clash..

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
“We’ve now reached the point where the FBI is opening a new China-related counterintelligence case approximately every 10 hours. Of the nearly 5,000 active FBI counterintelligence cases currently under way across the country, almost half are related to China.”

China's Attempt to Influence U.S. Institutions: A Conversation with FBI Director Wray

cyclops

Country flag
The author translates the recent Iran - China 25 year, $400 billion deal as in fact a 4D chess move by India to move China away from Pakistan and abandon its projects in CPEC for Iran.

cyclops

Country flag
China-India Border Clash: What’s Behind China’s Belligerence?

I think the India - china land border support of Quad is how we are testing the US. I believe we could put a larger stake in the Quad if the US and its cronies do something more for us territorially.

The US rep sort of agreed to the rest of the Quad nations agreeing to "India's aspirations" but only alluded to a covert support i.e. the CIA-RAW action in Tibet but we all kind of know how lukewarm it was.

I don't think that they'll completely post their troops in the Himalayas(though who knows) but the recent clash and our disproportionate response proved that we are not in dire need of their troops either and can shoo off the Chinese just fine.
Therefore something definitely will be agreed to, something that will aid us continentally and they will in turn get their maritime support.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Putting this here, because Former NSA Shivshankar Menon is part of Brookings now.
========
Whenever one thinks list of Sonia Gandhi era UPA scams is over, comes along another mega scam. Latest: Shivshankar Menon, Foreign Secretary & NSA in UPA govt., calling for US intervention in India's domestic policy. Menon, incidentally is down his great-grandfather route.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
In all the think tank discussion I have listened to so far both domestic & foreign, I haven’t seen a non-American has ever asking an American “expert” what is America’s view on the CCP military expansion for past 20 years, and does this expansion pose a threat to US interests?

America’s think tank experts are making it look like, current issues are between China & some other countries, fact remains that China’s main target is US not the neighbours. Let American experts also do some explaining, since they have been giving gyanbaazi to others for decades.

To be clear, US State department is going its job, so no issues there. My issue is with the think tank snobs.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Sino-India Border Clashes, Implications for the South Asian Strategic Environment
Paki sponsored.

Last edited:

cannonfodder

Country flag
In all the think tank discussion I have listened to so far both domestic & foreign, I haven’t seen a non-American has ever asking an American “expert” what is America’s view on the CCP military expansion for past 20 years, and does this expansion pose a threat to US interests?

America’s think tank experts are making it look like, current issues are between China & some other countries, fact remains that China’s main target is US not the neighbours. Let American experts also do some explaining, since they have been giving gyanbaazi to others for decades.

To be clear, US State department is going its job, so no issues there. My issue is with the think tank snobs.
That is because market forces getting addicted to cheap goods and the prospect of US big tech making it big in China. So there is lobbying and resistance particularly high from this entity, couple with fact that this entity is generally left leaning. They are going to be kicked out by 2030-35, till then market forces in US will pretend to be not that way. Rus is still the biggest adversary for political and news media consumption. The discussion may be different in close quarters, as I see it US days I see as numbered against CCP in grand scheme of things (not thinking about short term). It is sad to say the least.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Another one of those India bashing "Think Tank" panels, their primary job is to undersell india's capabilities.
When two of the three "Indian" panelists are known modi/bjp haters, how can we expect balanced views ?
==========
India and Post-COVID Global competition

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
This whole session is about how to expand chinese economic footprint in pakistan.

Session being conducted by a American think tank based out of Washington DC talking about expanding the influence of their own country's adversary in a country where U.S forces in the past killed U.S No.1 terrorist who funded crashing passenger planes into towers in their financial capital and security establishment, supporting a strategic partnership which could potentially disrupt their own country's oil supply lines within a decade or so.

if this is not irony, i donno what is.:pound:
===========
It’s Not Easy Being Green: Obstacles for Clean Energy in the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Basically a bunch of American Modi haters gossiping and agreeing with each other there by reinforcing their own confirmation bias on why U.S - India relationship won't work as long as BJP is in power in india.
=========
What’s Next for the US-India Strategic Partnership?

cannonfodder

Country flag
Basically a bunch of American Modi haters gossiping and agreeing with each other there by reinforcing their own confirmation bias on why U.S - India relationship won't work as long as BJP is in power in india.
=========
What’s Next for the US-India Strategic Partnership?

LOL the bald guy calls Indian borders mostly secure with live conflict going in LAC and 70+ year conflict on western border. Also calls harris as half indian. Then goes on make remark about ineffective interrogability with russian equipment during balakot strikes. But mirage 2000 were used for that operation. Strange world liberals live in, and that video is supposedly from MIT professor. :pound:

Only one thing that is right is dems will hit back for likes of Jay paul and Khana getting boot from fascist Modi. They need to reminded every time to mind their own business.

cannonfodder

Country flag
LOL the bald guy calls Indian borders mostly secure with live conflict going in LAC and 70+ year conflict on western border. Also calls harris as half indian. Then goes on make remark about ineffective interrogability with russian equipment during balakot strikes. But mirage 2000 were used for that operation. Strange world liberals live in, and that video is supposedly from MIT professor. :pound:

Only one thing that is right is dems will hit back for likes of Jay paul and Khana getting boot from fascist Modi. They need to reminded every time to mind their own business.
Also perfect example of why Indian American in more dangerous to deal with than White American.

Points made in discussion:
1. India was not worthy of nuclear deal
2. India is not worthy of being in UNSC
3. US needs to interfere in India's interior matters like kashmir. Muslims are getting lynched everywhere
4. Indian navy/army "Rus" equipment is not compatible with "Western" Equipment. The video title should be no need for US-India ties except for more easier H1B visas that we support.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Atlantic Council is proposing a D-10 strategy for China .
D for Democracy
Early days but this seems more about setting the agenda on China “by white people, for white people”.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Oh wow!!! Bruce Riedel has put Pakistan in West Asia grouping, and he apparently does not like modi.
==========
Pakistan’s internal dynamics and changing role in the world

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles