Global Think tank discussions on India & neighbourhood

dfcool

Country flag
if Rich Indian donors are not objecting to these things, what does it say about these "Rich Indian Donors".
it's not like they don't know or they haven't been told by anyone, they have professional teams to watch what public are saying about them.
Tata gave 50 million to Harvard, he said in his statement

Calling it a privilege and a pleasure to "give back to Harvard a little bit of what it gave to me,"

These funds are used for new buildings and usually named after donors.

You are right, most of our Rich Indian Donors have no interest in helping this country overseas perhaps because of different ideology or misplaced interests.

Where as Chinese donors don't ask for buildings but Quid-pro-quo, Have seen multiple Chinese companies gave similar amount but asked for access to research and researchers.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Tata gave 50 million to Harvard, he said in his statement

Calling it a privilege and a pleasure to "give back to Harvard a little bit of what it gave to me,"

These funds are used for new buildings and usually named after donors.

You are right, most of our Rich Indian Donors have no interest in helping this country overseas perhaps because of different ideology or misplaced interests.

Where as Chinese donors don't ask for buildings but Quid-pro-quo, Have seen multiple Chinese companies gave similar amount but asked for access to research and researchers.
yup, as long we recognise that our rich folks are not doing these things with bad intentions towards Bharat, it is at best indifference . it's just another philantrophic networking opportunity for them.

Butter Chicken

Country flag
yup, as long we recognise that our rich folks are not doing these things with bad intentions towards Bharat, it is at best indifference . it's just another philantrophic networking opportunity for them.
Someone on Twitter said- Chinese look for power and influence at the table, Indians just want validation from someone at the table

dfcool

Country flag
If you want to know how Liberal think tank ranks India low in indexes with misleading arguments then read this well researched article by Australian professor

These think tank reports are used by US govt to support their claim of Human Right violations in other countries.

Remember sri lanka is better than india in happiness index, these type of reports are cited as source and used by RaGa on social media.

Last edited:

dfcool

Country flag
Jai Shankar has given enough ammunition to counter, nobody is using these even optimally.

MEA knows those reports completely biased.

Its a weapon to left ecosystem.

But ORF or any other indian think tank must start our own democracy index. indian MSM and indian people can't depend on those biased reports every year.

These ranks are frequently quoted in social media like "hey look india dropped one rank below", designed by west masters, used by leftist ecosystem in india.

They have a simple formula if right wing in power drop the ranks, if left wing give good ranks.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
MEA knows those reports completely biased.

Its a weapon to left ecosystem.

But ORF or any other indian think tank must start our own democracy index. indian MSM and indian people can't depend on those biased reports every year.

These ranks are frequently quoted in social media like "hey look india dropped one rank below", designed by west masters, used by leftist ecosystem in india.

They have a simple formula if right wing in power drop the ranks, if left wing give good ranks.
MEA knowing is one thing, no one until jai shankar has given us ready made narratives for public to use.

i think i have said this before, countries spend crores on think tanks and agencies to form these narratives , we are getting them for free yet not able to capitalise on them.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
MEA knowing is one thing, no one until jai shankar has given us ready made narratives for public to use.

i think i have said this before, countries spend crores on think tanks and agencies to form these narratives , we are getting them for free yet not able to capitalise on them.
Off course Jai Shankar, an individual diplomat/politician's narrative aren't going to propagate like foreign think tanks who run millions of dollars systems with more focus on "spreading" narratives.

When I argue on wikipedia, I cannot quote Jai Shankar as a higher quality source than any random writer from Harvard or Standford. So, I will lose debate on talk page and main page will be written as winning side wants.

dfcool

Country flag
True but he is a politician. His views are always dismissed because of his alignment

US operates 2000 think tanks, Look at the jobs it creates. they are very influential even in india.

i think i have said this before, countries spend crores on think tanks and agencies to form these narratives
That's why i mentioned ORF, it certainly have big cheque book and there are couple of others too.

western liberal arts is no better than india, we have good people who really understands these concepts.

we are getting them for free yet not able to capitalise on them.
They always give negative report on india no matter what, Capitalizing on negative reports never yields best results.
we must be offensive and start publishing unbiased reports, they need to quote and discuss our reports not the other way around. Thats how india become a soft power and influencer in geopolitics and protect itself from western narrative.

A good example, Everyone taught indian cannot start international news channel, look at what WION done in past 5 years, pretty impressive i would say, many people say it is better than biased CNN and Fox.

this is my view.

Hope someone give spark to think tanks in india in this direction. ✊

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Hope someone give spark to think tanks in india in this direction. ✊
i have pretty much given up on having any expectations from Indian think tankers expect for a few individuals. their allegiance seems to be towards their personal ideologies rather than to their trade craft, they are more worried about prospects in washington DC or london rather than utilising the opportunities at home.

foreign think tankers articulate India's position better than most of our folks.

dfcool

Country flag
WTH is South Asia

US already has more than 500 South Asia programs.

This is how these idiots sitting in AC rooms in wasington creates violence through misleading information.

They make millions in donations from oil rich gulf and pentagan.

India govt need to keep an eye on think tank influence and misleading info it produces.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
WTH is South Asia

US already has more than 500 South Asia programs.

This is how these idiots sitting in AC rooms in wasington creates violence through misleading information.

They make millions in donations from oil rich gulf and pentagan.

India govt need to keep an eye on think tank influence and misleading info it produces.

The term South Asia is here to stay since we ourselves adopted it like idiots with SAARC. India's task now should be to maintain influence on these organizations through selective access and funding. No one in the south Asia department can be considered a professional or academic expert unless they have access to travel and research in India. That's where India can hold the key. Plus, the govt and Indian companies can sponsor those papers and viewpoints that suit us. Play their own game against them like China has been doing.

Im not holding my breath though.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
What type of democratic values, one set by western countries?

if you dont mind please add summery, stopped watching long videos long time ago.

Samir is pro, looks like everyone else is amateur.
a few of samir's statements i could remember.

- We have our own constitution, own elected leaders, facebook and twitter cannot decide what's good for us.
- U.S is bad a digital governance, EU is better at this.
- coders in silicon valley have to start talking to EU law makers on digital governance.
- social media companies should stop trying to make all the world the same, we are different, this is why we created our own countries.

someone asked where is India's twitter facebook google, samir's answer: twitter facebook and google. half of them have Indian CEO's, half their workers are Indian.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
a few of samir's statements i could remember.

- We have our own constitution, own elected leaders, facebook and twitter cannot decide what's good for us.
- U.S is bad a digital governance, EU is better at this.
- coders in silicon valley have to start talking to EU law makers on digital governance.
- social media companies should stop trying to make all the world the same, we are different, this is why we created our own countries.

someone asked where is India's twitter facebook google, samir's answer: twitter facebook and google. half of them have Indian CEO's, half their workers are Indian.
it's about the leveragability of this indian presence. i think we punch below our weight in leveraging the indian people in these companies.our mechanism's for remote control are not wide and deep enough when compared to china.so the large workforce does not turn into correspondingly large influence.

however,we can setup implicitly and explicitly nationalist frameworks of operation within india to prepare our culture and environment.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles