Global Think tank discussions on India & neighbourhood

ezsasa

Mod
Country flag
U.S.-China Relations and its Impact on National Security and Intelligence in a Post-COVID World

Witnesses:
Dr. Tanvi Madan – Senior Fellow, Foreign Policy, The Brookings Institution
Dr. Evan Medeiros – Penner Family Chair in Asian Studies and Cling Family Distinguished Fellow, School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University
Mr. Orville Schell – Arthur Ross Director, Center on US-China Relations, Asia Society
Ms. Meredith Sumpter – Head of Research Strategy and Operations, Eurasia Group

ezsasa

Mod
Country flag
My observation from this conversation is that none of the participants had any useful advice for India.

sometimes I suspect some of these conversations take place, just to ensure the discourse doesn’t move forward and contradictions are brought forward to sow doubts.
==========
Crossing the precipice: The India-China border clash..

ezsasa

Mod
Country flag
“We’ve now reached the point where the FBI is opening a new China-related counterintelligence case approximately every 10 hours. Of the nearly 5,000 active FBI counterintelligence cases currently under way across the country, almost half are related to China.”

China's Attempt to Influence U.S. Institutions: A Conversation with FBI Director Wray

cyclops

Country flag
China-India Border Clash: What’s Behind China’s Belligerence?

I think the India - china land border support of Quad is how we are testing the US. I believe we could put a larger stake in the Quad if the US and its cronies do something more for us territorially.

The US rep sort of agreed to the rest of the Quad nations agreeing to "India's aspirations" but only alluded to a covert support i.e. the CIA-RAW action in Tibet but we all kind of know how lukewarm it was.

I don't think that they'll completely post their troops in the Himalayas(though who knows) but the recent clash and our disproportionate response proved that we are not in dire need of their troops either and can shoo off the Chinese just fine.
Therefore something definitely will be agreed to, something that will aid us continentally and they will in turn get their maritime support.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles