Global Gender Gap Report 2012: Iceland #1, China #69, India #105

ice berg

There is no doubt that the condition of women need to improve in Asia, including India and China.

But I would take these reports with a grain of salt, for example one of the criteria mentioned is economic, since a large percentage of women in Asia don't go to work, its likely that there economic situation would rank badly compared to Europe where most women do work. But this doesn't mean women are discriminated in Asia, its just a cultural difference. And I'm not sure whether these reports take such differences into account.
Economic situation is one of the most important measurements. Hell, if you cant even get a job, how are you gonna support yourself.

Not surprised the scandinavian countries are on top. But even in those countries men still make more money than women.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
We must understand that Indians have a quite a different way of thinking than Chinese.

I never saw a student with a lower grade ridicule another one with a higer grade, but I guess that is quite common in India, that is how they educate their children.
Indeed.

One is unfettered.

And the other is the constrained by training to conditional reflexes.

Yawning difference.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Hinduism is very communism in the core, need me to elaborate?
How terribly astute!

Do elaborate and educate.

And anyway, Communism as an ideology is not bad at all, even though it is a utopia.

It is when dictators use Communism to subjugate their people and make them zombies is where it fails.

huaxia rox

I don't mean anything.

No, I don't think there is anything to be ashamed of.

The only thing I feel one is to be ashamed of is being ashamed of oneself for the sake of competition.

Each nation has a different history, psychology, mindset and a social. economic and political environment and each nation is trying its best to become better. And it takes time.

But what is more shameful is that one starts judging one's own country on western values and not their own

Chinese eat Dogs, and whole lot of creepy crawlies which are revolting to so many others, What is so shameful about that? Yet the Chinese Govt gave a circular during Olympics that dogs will not be served!

The Chinese also told the Chinese not be barebodied and roll up their pants because it is against western culture.

Have you heard of Westerners telling their women not to be in G string bikinis since that affect Oriental cultures?

Becoming better is not Instant Coffee.

Be proud of what you are.

One does not have to ape the West.

I don't like Communism, but I am not biased. If they have done some good, then so be it and appreciate it.

That is what I have done!
one of the important reasons a human can be human and a people be a people is they do know what is shame and what is shameless......

like you people never feel uncomfortable when 60% of the people in the world shit in open belong to your country when you people gather wealth by digging out kids eyes so they can beg to westerners......and you got some #105 and you dont even feel a thing..........so you are good......you have rights to not feel anything and i salute to your shamelessness and you should be happy now.......

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
one of the important reasons a human can be human and a people be a people is they do know what is shame and what is shameless......

like you people never feel uncomfortable when 60% of the people in the world shit in open belong to your country when you people gather wealth by digging out kids eyes so they can beg to westerners......and you got some #105 and you dont even feel a thing..........so you are good......you have rights to not feel anything and i salute to your shamelessness and you should be happy now.......
The fact that you write the word, 'Sh1t' indicates your crassness. Defecate would be the word used in polite society. But then it is understandable for a people who have to reminded by their Govt how to behave in polite society. I allude to the instructions given during the Beijing Olympics.

Defecating is a natural biological phenomenon. It is true that the agricultural lot do use their fields as the repository of human faeces.

While it maybe true for India, but it is equally true for China. It is another issue that the Chinese tend to hide the unpleasant truth of their country and are basically deceitful by nature.

But then it is the shameless who are brazenly deceitful, economic with the truth and totally moving around with State sponsored blinkers.

Here is something from a UN Report on China's sanitary conditions.

The task of improving sanitary conditions in rural China remains an arduous one. There
are vast disparities in different parts of the country with different natural, demographic and
socioeconomic conditions. These differences add to the difficulty and complexity of the task.
Farmers' needs for sanitation and health are to some extent conditioned by geological, historical,
cultural and traditional factors. At present, nearly 130 million rural households still have no toilet.
These people live mainly in impoverished areas, ethnically inhabited areas or remote
mountainous regions where economic underdevelopment and limited incomes have seriously
hampered the improvement of sanitary conditions. Management of rural residential waste has not
been put on the agenda of local governments yet.

You must also visit Yunan.

On waste management.

Most Chinese cities have not introduced garbagesorting
practices, which is not conducive to waste treatment and recycling. In environmental
management, an environmental monitoring system is still not in place at most waste treatment
facilities, and residential waste management remains to be improved. In science and technology,
research in residential waste treatment is still very weak and the effort is further handicapped by a
lack of technical talent.

http://www.un.org/esa/agenda21/natlinfo/countr/china/Sanitationf.pdf
Must I once again indicate about beggars in China and how you use children for slave labour?

Getting tiresome to repeat the same thing for each new Chinese Johnny Come Lately who finds it problematic to read English.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles