Girhotras fearful, sad about Rathore bail

SHASH2K2

The family of molestation victim Ruchika Girhotra is sad and fearful at offender SPS Rathore getting relief on two successive days — from the CBI on Wednesday and the Supreme Court on Thursday. "I am hurt but confident of justice in the case of my daughter's molestation. She ended her life

because of that," said SC Girhotra, commenting on the Supreme Court order granting bail to Rathore, former Haryana director general of police, in the molestation case.
Girhotra feared for his family's safety once Rathore was out of jail.

"Rathore should not have been shown any leniency," Girhotra said.

In December a CBI court had sentenced Rathore to a six-month prison term.

In May his sentence was increased by one-and-a-half years and he was taken into custody. "I strongly believe that Rathore's conviction will be upheld by the Supreme Court (where the conviction has been challenged) and I will fight for justice till the end," he added.

The Punjab and Haryana High Court had on September 1 dismissed Rathore's appeal challenging his conviction and the sentence, saying his conduct as a top official was "shameful".

Asked about the CBI finding no substance in the post-conviction charges against Rathore brought by the Girhotras, Ruchika's father said "it is also sad that the CBI neither took me into confidence nor asked me for additional information or evidence if there were any lacunae in whatever I gave them. Nor did they bother to seek my views about their conclusion or investigation".

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Girhotras-fearful-sad-about-Rathore-bail/Article1-625002.aspx

SHASH2K2

New Delhi: It is a major setback in the Ruchika Girhotra case where former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore facing charges of abetment of suicide as the CBI has filed closure reports with astonishing facts.

The CBI has found that there was no evidence that postmortem reports were forged as well as did not get any proof of torture to her brother Ashu Girhotra by police as it was allegedly mentioned in the complaints.

Even, the CBI accessed proof of Ashu's involvement in cases of six car theft.

SHASH2K2

PANCHKULA: Raising a huge question over Central Bureau of Investigation's credibility, the key witness in the Ruchika Girhotra case on Tuesday claimed that the central investigation agency had altered his statement in the closure report.

The key witness Vijay Dheer, who resided in the house opposite to Ruchika Girhotra in Sector 6, Panchkula, said that the CBI had lied and distorted his statement he gave to the premier investigation agency in February this year.

Vijay Dheer said that he had told the CBI that Ruchika's brother Ashu was handcuffed and paraded semi-naked in the locality on December 25, 1993 and brutally beaten up by the Haryana cops. Dheer said that he was an eyewitness and recorded the same with the CBI.

But the CBI in the closure report stated, "The shop keepers of Sector 6 market, Panchkula have stated that they neither heard nor saw Ashu being paraded by the police in half naked condition with hand cuffs in December 1993. The neighbours of SC Girhotra in his lane at Sector 6, Panchkula also denied having seen parading of Ashu on December 25, 1993."

Among the list of 76 witnesses, the CBI has listed Vijay Dheer at No. 71.

Meanwhile Ruchika's father SC Girhotra said that he was very disappointed. "The entire investigation by the CBI was an attempt to provide relief to Rathore," he added.

"I had also written a letter to the home ministry in February this year complaining about the biased attitude of CBI. Even the special secretary of home ministry had assured me to take necessary action," Girhotra said.

Recently CBI had filed its closure report in the two FIRs which were registered against former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore before the Ambala special CBI court.

altering-his-statement/articleshow/7139522.cms#ixzz18l59PwXI

Global Defence

New threads

Articles