Ghost Stories & other Paranormal Experiences

ladder

Country flag
Let me tell you a bland paranormal occurance.

Octogenarian grandfather of a household was on deathbed. One late night when after dinner ( this family had a tradition of late dinner) one of the lady member of that family was near the front door to lock it, she saw the neighbour's granddaughter, a tween girl, standing infront of the door. She startled to see the kid at that hour.
She asked, what are you doing here at this hour? The girl replied 'I came to see great grand-pa'. The lady replied come tomorrow, he is asleep.
The girl in question usually came to this house nearly everyday to play with the kids of this household. But the girl insisted to meet him now.
The lady relented and let her in. She asked her to make it quick and that she will be waiting at the door to close the door after her.
The girl moved in, as she was nearly a daily visitor, she knew which room the grand-dad lived.

They lady was waiting at the doors to lock it after the girl went back to her house. But the meeting was taking a long time. She waited and waited. When it supposedly was over an hour, she smelled something fishy.

She went to the grandfather's room to check. There she saw the grandfather fast asleep. Nothing else was amiss. She searched for the girl in other rooms. Especially the kids room. There the kids were also asleep.

Then, the other ladies of the household who were awake came to know of this. Although they were a bit surprised that none had seen the girl come in or move out, but suggested that the lady waiting at the door must have dozed off while waiting and the girl in question must have moved out in the interim. So, they closed the front door and went off to sleep.

Next day morning, when they asked the grand father about that girl meeting him late last night, he flatly refused that anybody had come to meet him. That made everybody suspicious.
The neighbour's granddaughter was called. She came. When asked about the yesterday's incident, she flatly refused that she had visited at that odd hour. Her mother/ grandmother who had accompanied her too concurred. Unlike this household, neighbours had a habit of relatively early dinner so most probably were all asleep at that late night hour.

Draw your own conclusions from the incident. Nothing untoward happened. The grandfather lived for few more months before dying of natural causes.

The purpose of narrating the story is that most paranormal activities are uneventful.

Last edited:

Tuco

Country flag
Let me tell you a bland paranormal occurance.

Octogenarian grandfather of a household was on deathbed. One late night when after dinner ( this family had a tradition of late dinner) one of the lady member of that family was near the front door to lock it, she saw the neighbour's granddaughter, a tween girl, standing infront of the door. She startled to see the kid at that hour.
She asked, what are you doing here at this hour? The girl replied 'I came to see great grand-pa'. The lady replied come tomorrow, he is asleep.
The girl in question usually came to this house nearly everyday to play with the kids of this household. But the girl insisted to meet him now.
The lady relented and let her in. She asked her to make it quick and that she will be waiting at the door to close the door after her.
The girl moved in, as she was nearly a daily visitor, she knew which room the grand-dad lived.

They lady was waiting at the doors to lock it after the girl went back to her house. But the meeting was taking a long time. She waited and waited. When it supposedly was over an hour, she smelled something fishy.

She went to the grandfather's room to check. There she saw the grandfather fast asleep. Nothing else was amiss. She searched for the girl in other rooms. Especially the kids room. There the kids were also asleep.

Then, the other ladies of the household who were awake came to know of this. Although they were a bit surprised that none had seen the girl come in or move out, but suggested that the lady waiting at the door must have dozed off while waiting and the girl in question must have moved out in the interim. So, they closed the front door and went off to sleep.

Next day morning, when they asked the grand father about that girl meeting him late last night, he flatly refused that anybody had come to meet him. That made everybody suspicious.
The neighbour's granddaughter was called. She came. When asked about the yesterday's incident, she flatly refused that she had visited at that odd hour. Her mother/ grandmother who had accompanied her too concurred. Unlike this household, neighbours had a habit of relatively early dinner so most probably were all asleep at that late night hour.

Draw your own conclusions from the incident. Nothing untoward happened. The grandfather lived for few more months before dying of natural causes.

The purpose of narrating the story is that most paranormal activities are uneventful.
Spooky though

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Heard about people waking up during REM phase of sleep?
Incredibly spooky stuff, theories suggest they are caused by supernatural beings

During REM sleep phase, body is effectively paralyzed,
Several stories on the internet how they wake up during REM, lie there watching some scary entity or even just a shadow moving around in their room or just a lady looking at them totally still, smiling, from a corner of the room,
All of this while you are effectively paralyzed and can't do anything about it, not even make a sound

ClawReed787

Country flag
Sleep paralysis happens a lot to me . It's damn annoying .
Also Used to cry a lot when I was a kid coz of some kind of a weird dream . Once I had a dream where my sister's barbie was holding a scissor ,levitating and walking towards me.
Sometimes I saw doll like figures sleeping next to me ☠

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Incredibly spooky stuff, theories suggest they are caused by supernatural beings

Several stories on the internet how they wake up during REM, lie there watching some scary entity or even just a shadow moving around in their room or just a lady looking at them totally still, smiling, from a corner of the room,
All of this while you are effectively paralyzed and can't do anything about it, not even make a sound
Rem , what is it ?

ladder

Country flag

Assassin 2.0

Country flag

I had two Sleep paralysis experiences in this lockdown particularly. Both of the time i felt that something from my inside particularly stomach is getting numb with some crushing wave. Which moves in wave like fashion. And some difficulty to breath with feeling of weight on the back.
While previously it was just a experience with nothing lucid but last time it had some creepy vibe to like some other being feeling like in a dream like thing spooky dream.

Both of the time i tried to focus my mind on meditating om inside my mind and eventually i fell asleep again.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
I had two Sleep paralysis experiences in this lockdown particularly. Both of the time i felt that something from my inside particularly stomach is getting numb with some crushing wave. Which moves in wave like fashion. And some difficulty to breath with feeling of weight on the back.
While previously it was just a experience with nothing lucid but last time it had some creepy vibe to like some other being feeling like in a dream like thing spooky dream.

Both of the time i tried to focus my mind on meditating om inside my mind and eventually i fell asleep again.
I personally have no experiences as such
But my elder cousin sister had one after which she had fever and stuff coz she was freaked out real bad
Didn't talk much about it

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I personally have no experiences as such
But my elder cousin sister had one after which she had fever and stuff coz she was freaked out real bad
Didn't talk much about it
My most ghostly encounter was when i was returning home from tution at 9:30 in night , was alone on mud road ,and felt like something flew above me ,and could barely see the reflection but it was something about 2 3 tumes larger than me and was due to moonlight , so size difference is something odd , I thought it was exhaustion only but had bad dreams for few nights and when I recalled i remembered that shadow only , i wear a amulet ,so was not terrified much but i still don't know what was that , it didn't felt like a bird

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Next time eat well before sleep, problem solved :dude:

Waanar

Country flag
Also Used to cry a lot when I was a kid coz of some kind of a weird dream . Once I had a dream where my sister's barbie was holding a scissor ,levitating and walking towards me.
Mulli barbie wanted to make yo duck circumcised before having absolutely halal grand ol time.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Wah wah , what a profile pic , it's epic

indian_blues

Country flag
I had 3 or 4 times sleep paralysis when I was in teens.... Damn scaryyy.... mind wakes up but you can't open your eyes and move your body... pressure in the chest and a black hand in the room... you want to shout but your lips are tied...8 to 10 seconds of pure terror. I always wondered what it was and after some years I came to know about the phenomena called sleep paralysis.

Rudra7678

Country flag
Found this story on the net written by an anonymous writer. Since I spent some time in the city (Lucknow) where this incident took place, I found it to be interesting.
======================================

This story was narrated to me by an acquaintance. I cannot vouch for the authenticity of the incident narrated but I am convinced something happened on that winter night. This incident happened way back in the year 1992–93 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. There was this guy, let’s call him Sudheer, who was pursuing his diploma in Hotel Management at IHM, Aliganj, Lucknow. His classes sometimes ran late into the evening. One day, his class got off really late and it was already 10:00 PM and he headed home straight after the class. Since he lived in the general vicinity of Birbal Sahani Institute of Paleobotany area, popularly known as Botanical Garden, he took the usual daily route and after crossing Nishatganj Gomti bridge, took Ashok Marg and to his home. This time, it was already the winter part of the year and since he was on his motorbike and it was cold, he decided to take the Butler Road, which runs on top of right embankment of Gomti river as a shorter route to get home fast.

Since, this was in very early 1990s, the traffic then was almost one-tenth of the traffic one would find in Lucknow today. Though this road used to be busy during the day time, in evenings after sunset and late nights it wore a deserted look, as there were no street lights and on top of that the road went past a Shmashan Ghat (cremation ground) called “Bhainsa Kund” which is also known as “Baikunth Dham”. Sudheer, without giving a second thought, turned left into Butler Road and sped on. About a kilometer, he reached near Bhainsa Kund Smashan Ghat and in the illumination of his motorbike’s headlight, he saw a woman standing on the side of the deserted road, waving at him to stop. Sudheer saw the woman and thought that this might be a prelude to a potential road hold up. He accelerated and sped past the woman and suddenly he felt a tap on his shoulder and he looked behind and saw the same woman sitting behind him and she asked him why he did not stop and then the woman vanished. An utterly shocked and terrified Sudheer somehow managed to reach home and was able to narrate the entire incident to his startled family. He fell ill and remained mentally disturbed for several months. Not sure if he finally recovered but I am assuming, he did.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Found this story on the net written by an anonymous writer. Since I spent some time in the city (Lucknow) where this incident took place, I found it to be interesting.
======================================

This story was narrated to me by an acquaintance. I cannot vouch for the authenticity of the incident narrated but I am convinced something happened on that winter night. This incident happened way back in the year 1992–93 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. There was this guy, let’s call him Sudheer, who was pursuing his diploma in Hotel Management at IHM, Aliganj, Lucknow. His classes sometimes ran late into the evening. One day, his class got off really late and it was already 10:00 PM and he headed home straight after the class. Since he lived in the general vicinity of Birbal Sahani Institute of Paleobotany area, popularly known as Botanical Garden, he took the usual daily route and after crossing Nishatganj Gomti bridge, took Ashok Marg and to his home. This time, it was already the winter part of the year and since he was on his motorbike and it was cold, he decided to take the Butler Road, which runs on top of right embankment of Gomti river as a shorter route to get home fast.

Since, this was in very early 1990s, the traffic then was almost one-tenth of the traffic one would find in Lucknow today. Though this road used to be busy during the day time, in evenings after sunset and late nights it wore a deserted look, as there were no street lights and on top of that the road went past a Shmashan Ghat (cremation ground) called “Bhainsa Kund” which is also known as “Baikunth Dham”. Sudheer, without giving a second thought, turned left into Butler Road and sped on. About a kilometer, he reached near Bhainsa Kund Smashan Ghat and in the illumination of his motorbike’s headlight, he saw a woman standing on the side of the deserted road, waving at him to stop. Sudheer saw the woman and thought that this might be a prelude to a potential road hold up. He accelerated and sped past the woman and suddenly he felt a tap on his shoulder and he looked behind and saw the same woman sitting behind him and she asked him why he did not stop and then the woman vanished. An utterly shocked and terrified Sudheer somehow managed to reach home and was able to narrate the entire incident to his startled family. He fell ill and remained mentally disturbed for several months. Not sure if he finally recovered but I am assuming, he did.
Nothing terrifying , usual road hitchiker story.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles