Ghagger -hakra link

Joe Shearer

Country flag
This is a subject that is a very long one, and needs time and patience to understand. What, for instance, I knew about it when I read history is significantly out of date today.

Briefly, it has to do with the Indus Valley Culture, also known as the Harappa Culture. It was, as almost all educated people know, a Copper Age culture, and flourished between - I am following the canonical signposts here - 3300 BCE and 1300 BCE, with a period between 2900 BCE to 1400 BCE when it was at its maximum.

What is important about it?

From the point of view of human pre-history, and proto-history, its extent, and its extraordinary uniformity. The culture was in trade links with Central Asia, and with the Gulf, specifically, the island of Bahrain, where seals of the culture have been found. About uniformity, the bricks used - throughout - were of the same dimension! It had uniform weights and measures, again, uniform throughout the culture, and seals, the legendary hallmark of the culture, throughout, and in overseas locations.

What was controversial about it?

Joe Shearer

Country flag
What was controversial about it was the nature of its spreading out, and the connection of this culture with later culture from the time of the second city building.

Some of the LARGEST cities were on the Indus, and that was why it was originally named the Indus Valley culture. The SPREAD of the culture, that is, the location of smaller towns and villages, is astonishingly proliferated. It goes right into the present-day Punjab at the northern top, spreading into locations such as Ropar, and right into the present-day Gujarat at the southern top. In between, there is a cluster of settlements on the banks of a seasonal waterway known as the Ghagger in India, and as the Hakra in Pakistan.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
What was controversial about it was the nature of its spreading out, and the connection of this culture with later culture from the time of the second city building.

Some of the LARGEST cities were on the Indus, and that was why it was originally named the Indus Valley culture. The SPREAD of the culture, that is, the location of smaller towns and villages, is astonishingly proliferated. It goes right into the present-day Punjab at the northern top, spreading into locations such as Ropar, and right into the present-day Gujarat at the southern top. In between, there is a cluster of settlements on the banks of a seasonal waterway known as the Ghagger in India, and as the Hakra in Pakistan.
Not exactly true. The oldest site, is Bhirrana. The oldest mega-city, is Rakhigarhi. Indus valley sites being later and bigger is as consequential to the genesis of the civilisation as Babylon being the greatest and largest of Sumerian sites, while Ur, Uruk and Eridu were clearly the biggest cities of their time and the genesis point ( especially Eridu).

Joe Shearer

Country flag
Not exactly true. The oldest site, is Bhirrana. The oldest mega-city, is Rakhigarhi. Indus valley sites being later and bigger is as consequential to the genesis of the civilisation as Babylon being the greatest and largest of Sumerian sites, while Ur, Uruk and Eridu were clearly the biggest cities of their time and the genesis point ( especially Eridu).
Yes, nicely stated. I shall continue later, probably tomorrow afternoon, please feel free to add to this meanwhile. I had in mind to correct the anger that may have arisen on the other side due to the studies that showed the great antiquity of some sites in the Ghagger-Hakra banks, and the significance of those. The photoluminescence studies by IIT Kharagpur in particular.

Ugra Bhairav

Country flag
Briefly, it has to do with the Indus Valley Culture, also known as the Harappa Culture.
What Buck (Language Poop from frontal orifice) is that???

What is Indus Valley Culture???? What Harappa Culture????

Most of the Sight Were culstered on the BANKS OF SARASWATI RIVER.

For your knowledge Map of Sights of Sarawati River Civilization :

And Harappa was looni on Banks of River Iravati i.e. ravi.

And so was Mohenjodaro, looni on Banks of River Sindhu.

1650602120574.png

Better educate yourself.

Your narrative dont work here.

For your reference What Saraswati River Was:

1650602415426.png

Mind you the Shloka is from one of the oldest Mandalas of Rig Veda i.e. 2 Mandala.

Now -

Some Scientific Evidence for Saraswati River:

1650603231289.png

Note 9-4.5 ka which very well fits in the time period of Saraswati Valley Civilization. It can safely inferred that Saraswati Valley Civilization is as old as when Saraswati River was flowing with its full might i.e.

And antiquity of Site at Bhirrana proves the same.

Ámbitame nádītame dévitame sárasvati apraśastā ivasmasi praśastim amba naskṛdhi – (RV_2,041.16)

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

SavageKing456

Country flag
What Buck (Language Poop from frontal orifice) is that???

What is Indus Valley Culture???? What Harappa Culture????

Most of the Sight Were culstered on the BANKS OF SARASWATI RIVER.

For your knowledge Map of Sights of Sarawati River Civilization :

And Harappa was looni on Banks of River Iravati i.e. ravi.

And so was Mohenjodaro, looni on Banks of River Sindhu.

View attachment 152224

Better educate yourself.

Your narrative dont work here.

For your reference What Saraswati River Was:

View attachment 152226

Mind you the Shloka is from one of the oldest Mandalas of Rig Veda i.e. 2 Mandala.

Now -

Some Scientific Evidence for Saraswati River:

View attachment 152232

Note 9-4.5 ka which very well fits in the time period of Saraswati Valley Civilization. It can safely inferred that Saraswati Valley Civilization is as old as when Saraswati River was flowing with its full might i.e.

And antiquity of Site at Bhirrana proves the same.

Ámbitame nádītame dévitame sárasvati apraśastā ivasmasi praśastim amba naskṛdhi – (RV_2,041.16)

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Yes correct

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles