Germany allies

J.A.

Militants
Which are biggest allies with Germany outside EU or little part in EU which the biggest partnership ??

These I say:

France
Norway
Sweden
Saudi Arabia
USA

Anyone I missed ??

:biggrin2:

J.A.

Militants
Maybe I have wrong with Norway. But only in WW2. Or whatever ??

It's Norway against Germany today ??

J.A.

Militants
Don't like Norway even them is on Nordic but I've two others as favorite in Nordic + I've visit Denmark and Norway nonsens. Have visit Sweden and Finland. 3 countries only in Europe and in world nothing countries. I am type swedish national song.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
There are hardly any committed allies in today's world except for NATO. Here's an example.

India is an ally or Russia and Israel. Do you think Russia will help India if China attacks us? I won't bet on it. In fact, if that happens, there are chances that the USA might help India who by the way is not exactly an Indian ally but would help India only to counter China. Going forward, in case USA helps India against China, Russia would side with China despite being an Indian ally. This is because Russia's hate towards USA far outweighs its affinity towards India.

Same thing is true with Israel. Israel would be ready to help India anytime if we are fighting a muslim country. But if we side with Russia in an imaginary war with some country, USA will be on opposite side. In that case, Israel won't help us as they wouldn't want to risk their relationship with USA.

Scarface

There are hardly any committed allies in today's world except for NATO. Here's an example.

India is an ally or Russia and Israel. Do you think Russia will help India if China attacks us? I won't bet on it. In fact, if that happens, there are chances that the USA might help India who by the way is not exactly an Indian ally but would help India only to counter China. Going forward, in case USA helps India against China, Russia would side with China despite being an Indian ally. This is because Russia's hate towards USA far outweighs its affinity towards India.

Same thing is true with Israel. Israel would be ready to help India anytime if we are fighting a muslim country. But if we side with Russia in an imaginary war with some country, USA will be on opposite side. In that case, Israel won't help us as they wouldn't want to risk their relationship with USA.
Agreed.NATO seems to be the only alliance which you can count on,or maybe the one least likely to leave you on your own would be a better way to put it.

India really should push for better relations with NATO to counter China,maybe get a membership, I'm sure NATO wants to encircle China with military bases like they did with USSR.

But the thing is,the Russians aren't on the best terms with China either.The Sino-Soviet split has left a lot of bad blood between them.Heck the Soviets were considering a first strike on China.

The only reason Russians are so bro with the Chinese is because of economic limitations.We might be able to get the Russians to Back us up against China if we do our diplomacy correctly. But that's a big if.
Going with NATO would be safer

Of course all this doesn't mean anything on internet forums but you can always hope.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Agreed.NATO seems to be the only alliance which you can count on,or maybe the one least likely to leave you on your own would be a better way to put it.

India really should push for better relations with NATO to counter China,maybe get a membership, I'm sure NATO wants to encircle China with military bases like they did with USSR.

In that case, they will use India, like they used Pakistan. After formation of Baghdad pact. And see where is Pakistan now.

Scarface

In that case, they will use India, like they used Pakistan. After formation of Baghdad pact. And see where is Pakistan now.
I don't know what the Baghdad Pact is but NATO sure did walk the talk with Pakistan.

Their attempt at intervention during the 71 war is a testament to that.Of course nothing came out of it but that's another matter entirely.

Kshatriya87

Country flag

But the thing is,the Russians aren't on the best terms with China either.The Sino-Soviet split has left a lot of bad blood between them.Heck the Soviets were considering a first strike on China.

The only reason Russians are so bro with the Chinese is because of economic limitations.We might be able to get the Russians to Back us up against China if we do our diplomacy correctly. But that's a big if.
Going with NATO would be safer

Of course all this doesn't mean anything on internet forums but you can always hope.
India will not and should not become a member of NATO. This will lead to sour relations with Russia. India should remain neutral.

Recently, Russians have started building relations with China to counter USA. They have signed defense deals with each other.

I cannot agree with you on this. We cannot side with NATO. They are not exactly saints. They will just use India as a base of operations. Maybe we will get a few billion dollars for it but look at the bad side. In case of a war in the region, even if it is an American feud, they will use our land and resources for war. This will destroy our country while the americans sit, drink, eat and shit happily across the ocean.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
I don't know what the Baghdad Pact is but NATO sure did walk the talk with Pakistan.

Their attempt at intervention during the 71 war is a testament to that.Of course nothing came out of it but that's another matter entirely.
Americans had signed CENTO and SEATO treaties with Pakistan. Pakis assumed that this will lead to direct help of americans to pakis in case of a war with India. This never happened in all the wars we have fought with Pakistan. USA did send its navy to Pakistan in 1971 but by the time it reached, the war was over.

In fact, americans even offered help to Indians in war with China.

Both these points has made the pakis tremendously angry. Even they know that they cannot rely on American help. They only lick their feet to get money.

Scarface

India will not and should not become a member of NATO. This will lead to sour relations with Russia. India should remain neutral.

Recently, Russians have started building relations with China to counter USA. They have signed defense deals with each other.

I cannot agree with you on this. We cannot side with NATO. They are not exactly saints. They will just use India as a base of operations. Maybe we will get a few billion dollars for it but look at the bad side. In case of a war in the region, even if it is an American feud, they will use our land and resources for war. This will destroy our country while the americans sit, drink, eat and shit happily across the ocean.
Ok,you make fair points.

But I feel that we give too much heed to other countries when we take our foreign policy decisions.

Does Russia think about us before improving ties with China ? It seems not.

Why should we give them any consideration then.

Just my 2 cents

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Ok,you make fair points.

But I feel that we give too much heed to other countries when we take our foreign policy decisions.

Does Russia think about us before improving ties with China ? It seems not.

Why should we give them any consideration then.

Just my 2 cents
You are right, and we Don't actually. Like you said, not only China but Russia is selling attack helicopters to Pakistan as well. This does not make the Indian government happy but the Russians don't really care even after being an ally of ours. But have you wondered why? Its because we do not consider Russian feelings when we trade / buy weapon systems from USA. We do not care about Chinese or Pakis or Russians when we have internationally declared naval / air force / military exercises with Americans.

Same goes the other way around also. We do not care about Americans when we have naval exercises or defence deals with Russia. We are doing everything right till here.

Having said that, the worst thing is that we care for Pakistani feelings all the time. Here the problem begins. Why does our government is daring enough to challenge superpowers on international platforms but shy away from hurting Pakistan when it call for it. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

no smoking

Country flag
Having said that, the worst thing is that we care for Pakistani feelings all the time. Here the problem begins. Why does our government is daring enough to challenge superpowers on international platforms but shy away from hurting Pakistan when it call for it. :mad2::mad2::mad2:
Because both of you have pushed each other to such a dead end: there is no much room you can move around; there is no much more you can do but starting a war. But since both sides have nuclear missiles targeting each other, war is not good option.

J.A.

Militants
Nuclear war in Syria possible ?? Never happens.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Because both of you have pushed each other to such a dead end: there is no much room you can move around; there is no much more you can do but starting a war. But since both sides have nuclear missiles targeting each other, war is not good option.
Paki threats of using nukes is a hoax. We only need to call that bluff. They wouldn't dare fire a nuke at India. The whole world will come crashing down on them if they do. Their image, relations, economy - hampered forever and ever. India can go to war with them and win in a conventional way. No one is going to fire a nuke.

no smoking

Country flag
Nuclear war in Syria possible ?? Never happens.
Does Syria have nuclear bomb? No.
Does ISIS have nuclear bomb? No.

Only Russians and Americans have these weapons, do they need to use these nuke to win? NO!

no smoking

Country flag
Paki threats of using nukes is a hoax. We only need to call that bluff. They wouldn't dare fire a nuke at India.
They have the nukes and they make it very clear that they will use it if they are going to lose a big chunk of their land in a war. Certainly, you can call them bluffing, but if you are wrong, then .....

The whole world will come crashing down on them if they do. Their image, relations, economy - hampered forever and ever.
If that happens, the whole world will come to crash down both of you.

India can go to war with them and win in a conventional way. No one is going to fire a nuke.
Yes, fortunately, your PM and your generals don't agree with you.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
They have the nukes and they make it very clear that they will use it if they are going to lose a big chunk of their land in a war. Certainly, you can call them bluffing, but if you are wrong, then .....

If and that's a big if they lose a big chunk of land. Otherwise, there's no harm in teaching them a lesson every now and then. We don't have to take away a big chunk of land from them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Scarface

If India is a victim of a successful Pakistani first strike no one is going to say a word when we Nuke every piece of Pakland we can reach.

Of course the world will clamp down on both of us before the first strike,trying to de-escalate a possible nuclear war between two nations but once a first strike is done by any side there's nothing to left to de-escalate.

You are wrong if you think the whole world will try to stop India from retaliating if it's been hit by a Nuke.They'll do everything in their power to make sure a Nuke isn't launched by either side,that's for sure but stopping a nuclear armed country from getting revenge for it's dead,no most definitely not.

We have already diplomatically said that we won't let them hide behind it's nuclear bluff,so I don't know what you mean by the statement that Indian government doesn't believe that it's a bluff.

The current one most certainly believes Pakistan is bluffing

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
If and that's a big if they lose a big chunk of land. Otherwise, there's no harm in teaching them a lesson every now and then. We don't have to take away a big chunk of land from them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
If India is a victim of a successful Pakistani first strike no one is going to say a word when we Nuke every piece of Pakland we can reach.

Of course the world will clamp down on both of us before the first strike,trying to de-escalate a possible nuclear war between two nations but once a first strike is done by any side there's nothing to left to de-escalate.

You are wrong if you think the whole world will try to stop India from retaliating if it's been hit by a Nuke.They'll do everything in their power to make sure a Nuke isn't launched by either side,that's for sure but stopping a nuclear armed country from getting revenge for it's dead,no most definitely not.

We have already diplomatically said that we won't let them hide behind it's nuclear bluff,so I don't know what you mean by the statement that Indian government doesn't believe that it's a bluff.

The current one most certainly believes Pakistan is bluffing
http://www.indiandefensenews.in/2015/11/ruse-and-reality-on-border.html?m=1

Not so sure but that link goes into why we're not needlessly heating up border. China holds high ground,

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles