Georgian president invites Ahmadinejad to visit Tbilisi

Georgian Hind

Tehran Times Political Desk

TEHRAN – Majid Saber, Iran's new ambassador to Georgia, submitted his credentials to Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili on Friday.

During the meeting, Saakashvili invited Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to visit Tblisi.

The Georgian leader praised centuries-old ties between Iran and Georgia and insisted on strengthening ties between the two countries in political, economic and cultural spheres.

Saakashvili welcomed further promotion of political and economic ties and expressed hope that the establishment of an Iranian consulate in Batumi would open a new chapter in bilateral ties

///

I hope He`ll give us some Surface-to-air missile for May 26(Georgian Army Parade) =xy

A.V.

i doubt how will the EU/Nato and the US view this development and about SAM trade goes go then russia will have a say on iran too...it will get very tangled this is a very strange relationship

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Wooing Iran? Why would that be? I mean, news had even come of about Israel using Georgia to launch Attacks into Iran, and not to mention Heavy Israeli assistance to Iran and all. Is this warming of ties with Israels tacit support? hmmm

Georgian Hind

Well...
Goergia have the problem about Weapon trades USA/EU/Israel never was and never will be good partner about that.
Weapons Trades with Ukrain is lost and Iran is good solution.

At first Visit Iran will not Trade Iranian Weapons to us of course.
but
Saakashvili welcomed further promotion of political and economic ties and expressed hope that the establishment of an Iranian consulate in Batumi would open a new chapter in bilateral ties

A.V.

before georgia and iran go on that path it will be nipped by russia and US both would protect their interest instead georgia should better enhance relations with nations that can offer more such as china

bhramos

Country flag
I agree with that but good relations with both iran and China will be better.
the Iran good relation with Georgia will definatly be a bad sign for Iran in view of Russia, it will halt the civilian Nuclear project under construction in Iran.

A.V.

good relations with iran will get georgia in the list of bad books with the US ... and then if iran gets too friendly with georgia their big support friend russia will kick them no ends so i dont see how this relationship will develop to a higher level it will just be a paper visit at the most what would be better would be to develop a cultural ties with a host of nations for georgia mostly the CIS and beyond and reinvent themselves and then move on in which direction they choose they chose the west over earlier and history shows how trustworthy the west is so try and look east or south there are better places but iran now is too volatile it will earn georgia more negatives than the positives

Georgian Hind

Our biggest Weapon Traders are Turkey And Ukrain. (ukrain is lost) Why the hell we need US Or Western Europe.
we get nothing positive from them nor military Stuff neither real political support.

After 2008 war Our Goverment is trying to Find Partners in Middle east and I think they are wright.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Lets see how fast they get into NATO now... never.

I hope He`ll give us some Surface-to-air missile for May 26(Georgian Army Parade) =xy
You mean those fake HQ-9s? They don't even look real. They can't buy them off China much less make it themselves. Even their Hawks are nothing but repainted US sold before the revolution.

Georgian Hind

Lets see how fast they get into NATO now... never.
You mean those fake HQ-9s? They don't even look real. They can't buy them off China much less make it themselves. Even their Hawks are nothing but repainted US sold before the revolution.
yeap HQ-9s looks like Toys.
But they also have TORs,S 200s, And MANPADs.

And I think NATO is already "disaster" as military organisation.
Why The hell we need allyes like France? Which is Selling Weapons to russia to use them agains NATO members and against Georgia?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Our biggest Weapon Traders are Turkey And Ukrain. (ukrain is lost) Why the hell we need US Or Western Europe.
we get nothing positive from them nor military Stuff neither real political support.

After 2008 war Our Goverment is trying to Find Partners in Middle east and I think they are wright.
If you hadn't gone and started a war you couldn't win, you would be open to Western military aid. As long as the idiot Saakashvili is there, it is not worth negotiating. It is not like you can actually afford real weapons, you had to abolish the air force with a 17% drop in defence spending. What are you going to buy with a total defence budget of $400 million?? The reason you send troops to Afghanistan is so the US will gift you kit. With Ukraine out of the picture there is no one to gift you heavy equipment.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
yeap HQ-9s looks like Toys.
But they also have TORs,S 200s, And MANPADs.
They don't make them.

And I think NATO is already "disaster" as military organisation.
Yeah, should be disbanded.

Why The hell we need allyes like France? Which is Selling Weapons to russia to use them agains NATO members and against Georgia?
Russia never attacked NATO, you attacked Russia. As stated from the EU commission... "As the commission sees it, Georgia started the military action in South Ossetia when it attacked Tskhinval with heavy artillery on the night of August 8, 2008."

Georgian Hind

If you hadn't gone and started a war you couldn't win, you would be open to Western military aid. As long as the idiot Saakashvili is there, it is not worth negotiating. It is not like you can actually afford real weapons, you had to abolish the air force with a 17% drop in defence spending. What are you going to buy with a total defence budget of $400 million?? The reason you send troops to Afghanistan is so the US will gift you kit. With Ukraine out of the picture there is no one to gift you heavy equipment.
lol What Gift are U Talking about?
Georgia Sent Troops in iraq and after that what US gifted to us? 1000 M4s? clap clap
you are blind.

You are saying about georgian attack on russia bla bla bla bla. I told you about that war in enother Thread. And why we attacked Russian Peackeepers base.

Why would small county like georgia attack russia when Most experieced Troops where in iraq?
and they came back to georgia when the war was over.

I realy do not understend what the hell is georgian army doing in afganistan but If i get the Chance I would go there.
Just For Experience.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
lol What Gift are U Talking about?
Georgia Sent Troops in iraq and after that what US gifted to us? 1000 M4s? clap clap
you are blind.
1000 M4s?? Try...

10 UH-1H Iroquois
2 patrol boats
15 Hummers
101 tactical radios
mine detection equipment
night vision goggles
And enough M-4s to equip the whole active army.

You are saying about georgian attack on russia bla bla bla bla. I told you about that war in enother Thread. And why we attacked Russian Peackeepers base.
Cut the bull, an engineering regiment is not going to have artillery. That was all the ground troops stationed under the Russian JCC.

Why would small county like georgia attack russia when Most experieced Troops where in iraq?
and they came back to georgia when the war was over.
Why would Georgia send troops into Tshkinvali knowing this situatiuon? Answer is they intended to take it.

I realy do not understend what the hell is georgian army doing in afganistan but If i get the Chance I would go there.
Just For Experience.
They are there so they can get the US to finish training and equipping their Army and the hopes of being allowed into NATO.

Trust me, you don't want to go to Afghanistan "just for experience."

Georgian Hind

1000 M4s?? Try...

10 UH-1H Iroquois
2 patrol boats
15 Hummers
101 tactical radios
mine detection equipment
night vision goggles
And enough M-4s to equip the whole active army.

Cut the bull, an engineering regiment is not going to have artillery. That was all the ground troops stationed under the Russian JCC.

Why would Georgia send troops into Tshkinvali knowing this situatiuon? Answer is they intended to take it.

They are there so they can get the US to finish training and equipping their Army and the hopes of being allowed into NATO.

Trust me, you don't want to go to Afghanistan "just for experience."
80%of Georgain Regular army Soldier is equiped with AK74.

90% of russian soldier in Tskhinval region were peackeepers but 7 of august at the evening 58Th army tank Column entered through the roki tunnel.(Russian Ministry of Defence website)
It`s inteteresting how the hell Separatatist and Peackeepers get GRADs,AKATSIA and MBTs before august war.

"Peackeeper" with MLRS nice....

Our first goal was to Destroy enemy Firepower Than we entered tkhinval not make Russian Peacekeepers regroup with 58th russian army. Of cource it means that we were trying to regein control of the city.

And about my voyage in Afghanistan. Georgian Army soldier have approximately 1200 GEL(georgian Lari) and georgian soldier in afghanistan have 1000$ (750 GEL) Do you think many Georgian will go there for 200/300 Dollars?

bhramos

Country flag

90% of russian soldier in Tskhinval region were peackeepers but 7 of august at the evening 58Th army tank Column entered through the roki tunnel.(Russian Ministry of Defence website)
It`s inteteresting how the hell Separatatist and Peackeepers get GRADs,AKATSIA and MBTs before august war.

"Peackeeper" with MLRS nice....

Our first goal was to Destroy enemy Firepower Than we entered tkhinval not make Russian Peacekeepers regroup with 58th russian army. Of cource it means that we were trying to regein control of the city.

And about my voyage in Afghanistan. Georgian Army soldier have approximately 1200 GEL(georgian Lari) and georgian soldier in afghanistan have 1000$ (750 GEL) Do you think many Georgian will go there for 200/300 Dollars?
well what ever small gifts you or GA got left them as gifts for Russia with love,
Russian main gift was Spyder SAM System.

please provide links as proofs,

but 7 of august at the evening 58Th army tank Column entered through the roki tunnel.(Russian Ministry of Defence website)

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Not according to this...

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSANT84708020080118

Russians captured thousands of M-4s too.

It`s inteteresting how the hell Separatatist and Peackeepers get GRADs,AKATSIA and MBTs before august war. "Peackeeper" with MLRS nice....
Russian tanks didn't enter the Roki tunnel until the 8th, after you bombarded Tskhinvali. South Ossetian military had a handful of artillery for years that they captured from Georgia in the fight for independence. Now the defence force has several times more and better equipment that was captured during this war.

If 58th Army had already entered Tskhinvali before you got there, you wouldn't have taken an inch of it. On the 7th you attacked South Ossetian troops trying to take the high ground to the South. On the 8th you bombarded the city and entered it, then Russia came and kicked your ass.

They certainly won't be paid less than a home station.

Georgian Hind

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Russian military of defence website Krasnaya Zvezda (http://www.redstar.ru) published article that Russian regular army 58th tank entered army in georgia through roki tunnel. At 7th august.
But know I can`t finde direct link of 2008 August articles .

http://www.newsru.com/russia/11sep2008/voshli.html
The account says on August 7th, the Captain's unit was on manoeuvres in Alania. On that night he was ordered to move to Tskhinvali. That is the same night Saakashvili announced he would "restore Constitutional Order" and at 23:30 that evening Tskhinvali was shelled. Just proved my point. thanx!

and about payment it`s my mistake 1000$=1750 GEL.
So why wouldn't they go for more money? Minimum wage in Georgia public sector is $70 a month. Private wage is $12. Sounds like a fortune to make $1000.

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/hrrpt/2008/eur/119080.htm

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles