Geopolitically speaking isn't India China's Pakistan?

Otm Shank

in attitude We constantly pigeonhole and try to demotivate them, we try to deride and paint everything they do as wrong/evil. we constantly predict china breaking apart as pakistan does to india. india supports tiberan seperatists like Pakistan does to a multitude of groups in india. Any thing they manufacture we claim reverse engineered or copied like pakistan does to india.

and as OOE on WAB pontificated that china will fight india to the last pakistani. I think its fair to say the west will fight china to the last indian and sadly Indians will probably go along happily with it as we historically have a history of attacking east asians in service of westerners

Whats your perspective?

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag
in attitude We constantly pigeonhole and try to demotivate them, we try to deride and paint everything they do as wrong/evil. we constantly predict china breaking apart as pakistan does to india. india supports tiberan seperatists like Pakistan does to a multitude of groups in india. Any thing they manufacture we claim reverse engineered or copied like pakistan does to india.

and as OOE on WAB pontificated that china will fight india to the last pakistani. I think its fair to say the west will fight china to the last indian and sadly Indians will probably go along happily with it as we historically have a history of attacking east asians in service of westerners

Whats your perspective?
Indians do not hate Chinese but there are anti china sentiments on the rise in India.

We see India as a super power rising which will challenge any global hegemony, at this point my words seems silly but in the coming years India will rise and challenge this world order.

Free Karma

Nope, Thats America, you wont find reports like that anywhere in the Indian media, unlike the U.S/EU, who constantly harp on such things.
Infact quite a few people who have visited the place do acknowledge the work they have put in. While we might have fun bashing them (and they us) there is some respect, in the media and in the people.

Our support for Tibetians is mainly through giving them refuge, we dont encourage terrorism, nor does the dalai lama unlike hafiz saeed who calls our for Jihad ever day on prime time television. in fact China themselves houses top leaders of ULFA.

Any thing they manufacture we claim reverse engineered or copied like pakistan does to india.
We dont claim it, it is what they do. Even they accept it, and see nothing wrong it, it is as a fast way to catch up.

India going to war against China because of someone prodding. Nope India is far more pragmatic than that, in fact if you look at things like voting patterns in UN and the others, India and China vote together a lot against the west, plus brics bank, SCO invite etc. But if China tries to take our land we will obviously fight, if you think that is being used by the west then :lol: Though I think both countries will put aside any confrontations for now and focus on other matters, apart the usual patrols fun in the aksai chin border.
Besides unlike Pakistan we dont randomly open fire at the border on various border posts hoping for Uighur terrorists to sneak in :rolleyes:

Bad comparison tbh.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Whats your perspective?
No, India's is USA's new Pakistan...... just as the US used Pakistan against USSR,the US plans to use India against a rising China!

Reactions: Neo

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
didnt us use pakistan primarily against india?
nope you are wrong if you go back to cold war history Pakistan was the hub for afghan rebels who were used by USA against USSR and the only reason USA turned a blind eye to the atrocities committed during 1971 mainly and USA support to pak because they don't want the soviet influence in the sub continent

from the birth of US pak relation ship to the diminish of the same relationships its all about containing soviet and now Russian influence in the subcontinent . ofcourse pak did managed to get the military hardware and used against India but the fact is USA did have the switch in their hands and for example the 90's sanctions crippled the pak military structure it is a big blow to them compared to India

your title should have been tibet or Xinjiang province china's Pakistan in the making

Last edited:

Otm Shank

tibet cant be china's pakistan since tibet doesnt have the population or resources to extract as much out of china as pakistan has out of india.

prohumanity

Country flag
Otm ...Mr Canada...all your blah blah is result of distortion campaign by parts of western media financed by vested interests. You are far ...very far from the reality. In India, if you ask 100 people if they hate China...may be you will find 2 or 3 who will say "yes"....most of the Indians are either neutral or have a respectful attitude towards China. Tibet is a non -issue in India. This part of western press want to keep this issue alive so that they can do the same old "divide and conquer" thing ..they are so expert in. The west's most allied Non Nato ally ,Pakistan..is fast becoming useless for West and will be
a liability..it can not counterbalance a grout of giants willing to trade with each other..those giants are India, China, Japan, Russia and so on. HEGEMONY days are beginning to end...a new multi-polar world order is inevitable. Divide and rule is outdated...people understand this dirty trick now because of social media and other new ways of communication. So, Mr Canadian...Sir, get your facts straight...read some non-western media so that you get the reality.

pmaitra

I agree with @Otm Shank.

Most of the respondents have ignored the operative term, "Geopolitically speaking."

Yes, Pakistan is West's counterbalance to India, and India is West's counterbalance to PRC, and PRC used to be the West's counterbalance to the USSR.

To most of the above posters, I repeat for the second time, the operating term is, "Geopolitically speaking."

Last edited by a moderator:

Otm Shank

Otm ...Mr Canada...all your blah blah is result of distortion campaign by parts of western media financed by vested interests. You are far ...very far from the reality. In India, if you ask 100 people if they hate China...may be you will find 2 or 3 who will say "yes"....most of the Indians are either neutral or have a respectful attitude towards China. Tibet is a non -issue in India. This part of western press want to keep this issue alive so that they can do the same old "divide and conquer" thing ..they are so expert in. The west's most allied Non Nato ally ,Pakistan..is fast becoming useless for West and will be
a liability..it can not counterbalance a grout of giants willing to trade with each other..those giants are India, China, Japan, Russia and so on. HEGEMONY days are beginning to end...a new multi-polar world order is inevitable. Divide and rule is outdated...people understand this dirty trick now because of social media and other new ways of communication. So, Mr Canadian...Sir, get your facts straight...read some non-western media so that you get the reality.
Lol 'Mr. Canadian'.. I like it :)

I do admit I am far away from india and also fully agree the average citizen of any country is more worried about their bills, work or everyday problems than politics and national policy beyond taxes. There is little news about india in mainstream western media that's positive. The few tidbits are usually of savage crime, extreme poverty or deep seeded discrimination. news about indias space program or economic progress is nonexistent. these are the distortions western media presents and I do not believe them.

I get most of my news on india from indian newspapers online and for the indian opinion I read boards like this and talk to guys like you :)Canada is my first loyalty but sentiment for our motherland and more importantly our people is the same for us. your hostility for someone with the same goals is the true division and that what makes us able to be ruled.

Trade means little if you cant defend yourselves or reliant on an outsider. India and china were the wealthiest places on earth before european encroachment so wealth doesnt mean smart foreign policy neither is wealth assured as the west still controls the majority of it.. A new multi polar world is emerge but will india be the center of an alliance or at least control south asia without meaningful outside enroachment. It seems like india is working to be second to USUK presence in asia currently

pmaitra

@prohumanity, you are a good poster. It is not expected that you would indulge in name-calling, like "Mr. Canadian." This, I would expect from certain determined trolls in this forum, and you are not one of them. So, please avoid name-calling.

Meriv90

The fact is that by pools the number of indians that see China as a security threath is 83%...

The bad news for India-China relations is that 83 percent of Indians see China as some kind of threat to their country's security over the next ten years. And 60 percent see China as a major threat. It is worth noting that these attitudes were recorded in late 2012, well before the recent flare-up of border tensions.
What Indians Think About China | The Diplomat

even if the author says that 60% would like more cooperation I read it as "if you can't beat them join them"

A confirmation? The death of the student coming from your north eastern region in febbruary.

I would gladelly be wrong so please post a poll that backs yours affirmations.

amoy

China and India have managed frictions well. Despite minor border skirmishes and incursions due to different perceptions of boundaries, both have successfully maintained "peace and tranquility" in btwn for decades, unlike India-PAK escalating to confrontations.

The 2 countries have to manage expectation too of bilateral relations. On security India is not China's priority and doesn't deserve that much whoopla. China's challenges - 1. Eastward - West Pacific countering an American pivot 2. Westward - vast hinterlands of Central Asia, of vital importance for Chinese energy security in face of a possible post-NATO security vacuum. On economic ties, Sino-India trading volume of $6bil or so per annum, is insignificant in comparison to Sino-Japanese $350bil (Y2013). No need to over-hype our rivalry or dream of a drastic improvement. Just manage the "cold peace" as it is bearing in mind the sole aim of "peace and tranquility", no more no less.

Pragmatic assessments lead to setting right priorities. The next step IMO for China is to ease the tensions with Japan and push for the C-J-K FTA while putting Sino-Indian things on the back burner. Xi's impending visit of India is enough to do the cosmetic.

prohumanity

Country flag
My apology for using the word "Mr.Canadian" I think I get annoyed when I read a post which indicates and encourages hatred and enmity between India and China...two great ancient civilizations who deserve to live peacefully and cooperate for the benefit of ,not just 2.5 billion Indian and Chinese people ,But the entire human race. A few posters and a small part of media do distort and provoke feelings of anger in Indian and Chinese people as they give a slant to a neutral news to instigate anger and hatred between these two nations. Exaggerating minor border incidents and hiding the harmonious high level leadership interaction to create a wrong picture. Let their be calm in the World as there is enough violence going on in many parts of the world....Watch out Pakistan's implosion ! Scary !
By the way, Amoy, your figure of bilateral trade between India and China is incorrect. Check reliable source...the last time I checked, bilateral trade between India and China is about 70 Billion per year..just 15 to 20 Billion dollars less than India-US trade.
India Russia Bilat trade is about 12 Billion dollars but the defense partnership is invaluable.

Last edited:

Otm Shank

I agree a small fraction of people distort and exaggerate the percieved disagreements between the two. Lately it seems india is falling into domino in the order Pmaitra described

Yes, Pakistan is West's counterbalance to India, and India is West's counterbalance to PRC, and PRC used to be the West's counterbalance to the USSR.
If you examine this order its make up is to keep civilizations in check to not challenge USUK power. The world wars, cold war and the current disputes are all battles in centuries long war .

(Pakistan may seem like its imploding but its where it needs to be to keep india in check since it can not compete conventionally)

ninja85

No, India's is USA's new Pakistan...... just as the US used Pakistan against USSR,the US plans to use India against a rising China!
o yeah do you see india or modi dancing to US tunes,stupid

what makes you to write such sentence.

ninja85

Whats your perspective?
logically speaking and answering to your stupid question

india is not china's paki,

here is how, @Neo tu bhi sun le,

we dont send terrorist in china,

we dont illegally immigrate to china (without visa)and live there forever even after visa expires like we own the country,

we dont get chinese ration cards,election cards,aadhar card free electicity,free taxes and citizenship provided by some traitor chinese political party.:rofl::laugh::lol::pound::taunt1::taunt::taunt1::taunt:

t_co

It would be tragic and pathetic if a nation of one billion wound up being someone else's Pakistan.

pmaitra

It would be tragic and pathetic if a nation of one billion wound up being someone else's Pakistan.
It has happened before, with all the hob-nobbing between USA and PRC, when PRC was USSR's Pakistan, hasn't it? How did that tragedy go?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles