GEO Imaging Satellite (GISAT)

SKC

Country flag
I don't want be the bad news bear but i think we should keep our expectations low especially how things have been for last one year or so.
Third wave is incoming :
View attachment 99401
Countries have had 4th, 5th even 6th wave by now, but only our Agency gets impacted.
With more and more vaccination the danger of deaths will go down.

Look at UK, more than 34-35K cases each but but only ~30-35 deaths per day.

Hum log to seedha hath khade kar dete hain kuch bhi hone par.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
GSLV seems to have normalised with new engine in last few launches. As far as timeline is concerned, 1 month is a long enough period that launch may delay by 2-3 days more.
I will wait to comment. ISRO is well capable of postponing launch citing 3rd wave. Maybe all the chief scientists in ISRO are 90 years old and can’t risk infection. Lol.

here’s some information on why GSAT launch was postponed. Wuhan virus is only 1 reason. Internal screwups have been there. Plus they are blaming it on non-availability of oxygen because it was supplied to treat Wuhan virus infections. What a joke . Lol.

SKC

Country flag
I will wait to comment. ISRO is well capable of postponing launch citing 3rd wave. Maybe all the chief scientists in ISRO are 90 years old and can’t risk infection. Lol.

here’s some information on why GSAT launch was postponed. Wuhan virus is only 1 reason. Internal screwups have been there. Plus they are blaming it on non-availability of oxygen because it was supplied to treat Wuhan virus infections. What a joke . Lol.

ISRO needs some serious fixing of the management. Move K Sivan to some other post. He is not suited for leading the agency. Make all project leads accountable for result and delays.
Bring some more competent man to lead. We did have few amazing leaders before Sivan.

mokoman

Country flag
ISRO needs some serious fixing of the management. Move K Sivan to some other post. He is not suited for leading the agency. Make all project leads accountable for result and delays.
Bring some more competent man to lead. We did have few amazing leaders before Sivan.
Dont know if thats really needed but , K Sivan saying chandrayan 2 was 98% successful was pretty funny.

Akula

Country flag
K sivan term has been extended for one year. He will retire next year in January.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

here’s some information on why GSAT launch was postponed. Wuhan virus is only 1 reason. Internal screwups have been there.
Launch scrub of GISAT wasn't because of Wuhan Virus but internal glitches or (political issues per rumours). Corona wave came later strangulating re-preparation.
Plus they are blaming it on non-availability of oxygen because it was supplied to treat Wuhan virus infections. What a joke . Lol.

That isn't a joke. Industrial production requires uninterrupted supply of purified argon, oxygen and acetylene ages.
Oxygen is a large part of all kind of rocket fuels too.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
GSLV-F10 / EOS-03

GSLV-F10 is scheduled to launch EOS-03 on August 12, 2021 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR

Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle-F10 (GSLV-F10) will launch Earth Observation Satellite, EOS-03 from the Second Launch Pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, Sriharikota. The launch is tentatively scheduled at 0543 Hrs IST on August 12, 2021, subject to weather conditions.
EOS-03 is a state-of-the-art agile Earth observation satellite which will be placed in a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit by GSLV-F10. Subsequently, the satellite will reach the final geostationary orbit using its onboard propulsion system.
A 4 metre diameter Ogive shaped payload fairing is being flown for the first time in this GSLV flight. This is the fourteenth flight of GSLV.

ketaki

Country flag
Is this same sat that some said last year, USA tried to cancel/postpone???

The same launch preparations were done last year but after few days taken back to disassembly

INDIAFIRST

Country flag
I find no excuse relevant for why ISRO is delaying unless they have got orders from GOI

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Launch failed, unfortunately. And the sad thing is the cryogenic stage failed. Meaning we don't have mastery of the cryogenic stage at all. This was supposed to be a routine launch.
I dont think ISRO is capable of executing heavy launches and advanced programs if they cannot master cryogenic. I think this will delay the human space flight program even more. A very critical satellite needed for border surveillance of PLA activity also got destroyed. Dr. K. Sivan must take responsibility and resign. He was unable to lead ISRO and has put India in a very bad position.
ISRO better reform and bring in very good talent or get left behind. We are falling greatly behind China. Not good.
I saw the people in the control room trying to hide things. Look at NASA - they are open and transparent even if launches fail. Very unprofessional and defensive behavior. Not good for the country.
PM Modi and Jitendra Singh must bring changes to ISRO. Top Indian talent from NASA and other companies must be attracted to work/lead ISRO to take it to greater heights.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles