Genetic Continuity of Indo-Iranian Speakers Since the Iron Age in Southern Central Asia

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
Thus, the qpAdm modelling shows that at least 90% of the ancestry of current Indo-Iranian ancestry is modelized as inherited from Iron Age individuals from southern Central Asia with an affinity with BMAC. Consequently, Indo-Iranians present a strong genetic continuity in the region since the Iron Age with anecdotic admixture with BHG ancestry related individuals, and, for the Tajiks, with South-Asian ancestry related populations possibly after Iron Age.

Boys! If I have understood properly then our case has been strengthened.

Indian steppe ancestry came late in the iron age most likely intermediated through Scythians.

Niraj Rai has claimed the same in his videos.

Your views.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
These results enlighten that Turkmens were an Indo-Iranian-like population not so long ago, who recently shifted language and culture without a substantial genetic change in population.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
The amount of East-Asian ancestry due to admixture with modern Turko-Mongol groups remains low even in Tajiks, consistent with the findings of Martinez-Cruz et al.2, who observed the light impact the westward invasions (Huns, Mongols) had on Indo-Iranian groups in Central Asia. On the other hand, we have highlighted for Yaghnobis, Tajiks, and Turkmens a small amount of gene flow from BHG-ancestry dating to around 1000 years ago, suggesting a recent wave of westward migration from the Altai mountains, after the Iron Age. This recent wave can be linked to the origin of the Turko-Mongol in Central Asia which has been demonstrated by Martinez-Cruz et al.2 and Li et al.66 to be from an ancestral group of Turkic speakers from the Altai region.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
I am a Punjabi Rajput . What's my ethinicity ? Am i indo iranian
You are ethnically Punjabi.

Indo-Aryan Indo-Iranian Indo-European Dravidian are all fake colonial construct. Our ancestors never called themselves any of these. We kashmiri pandits are ethnically Kashmiri.

If we look at our history then Rajputs most likely are a hybrid population just like other Indians. Mix of natives (Saraswati-Sindhu) and post 600bce Scythians Parathians Huns etc

Angel of War

Country flag
You are ethnically Punjabi.

Indo-Aryan Indo-Iranian Indo-European Dravidian are all fake colonial construct. Our ancestors never called themselves any of these. We kashmiri pandits are ethnically Kashmiri.

If we look at our history then Rajputs most likely are a hybrid population just like other Indians. Mix of natives (Saraswati-Sindhu) and post 600bce Scythians Parathians Huns etc
I Guess I am a mix of Punjabi , Kashmiri and Pahadi Genes because my father is Punjabi , my dadi is Dogra Rajput from Samba and Mother is pahadi Rajput from Himachal .

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
From 600bce to 600ce North West India was overrun by foreigners as per Indian ancient sources.

Mleccha (from Vedic Sanskrit mlecchá, meaning "non-Vedic", "foreigner" or "barbarian") is a Sanskrit term referring to foreign or barbarous peoples in ancient India, as contra-distinguished from Aryas. Mleccha was used by the ancient Indians originally to indicate the uncouth and incomprehensible speech of foreigners and then extended to their unfamiliar behaviour, and also used as a derogatory term in the sense of "impure", "impolite", and/or "inferior" people.

The Indians referred to all alien cultures and races that were less civilized in ancient times as 'Mleccha' or barbarians. Among the tribes termed Mleccha were Sakas, Hunas, Yavanas, Kambojas, Pahlavas, Bahlikas and Rishikas. The Amarakosha described the Kiratas, Khasas and Pulindas as the Mleccha Jātis. Indo-Greeks, Scythians, Kushanas and Arabs were also mlecchas.

Mahabharata mentions Scythians/Saka to their North West.

The term is not attested in the Vedas, but occurs for the first time in the late Vedic text the Shatapatha Brahmana. The Baudhayana sutras define a mleccha as someone "who eats beef or indulges in self-contradictory statements or is devoid of righteousness and purity of conduct".

In medieval India, a foreign visitor al-Biruni (died 1048) noted that foreigners were regarded as 'unclean' or 'Mleccha' and Hindus were forbidden any social or matrimonial contact with them.

Angel of War

Country flag
I feel very very good to meet someone from Punjab , Jammu , Himachal because these states are like family to me 🤗

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
Clearly there was no iran in those times and all that land was into the fold of greater BHARATA. The whatever difference you see is simply because of a philosophical split between people of BHARATA themselves.

Indo-Aryan

Country flag
I wouldn't be surprised if we find links between these foreign population to the rise of new languages and dialects in North and North West of India.

Scythians were Iranian speaking people but when they were Aryanized they probably spoke non-Iranian languages.

Could or could not have contributed to the languages of Punjab Sindh Rajasthan and Kutch.

asaffronladoftherisingsun

Dharma Dispatcher
Country flag
I wouldn't be surprised if we find links between these foreign population to the rise of new languages and dialects in North and North West of India.

Scythians were Iranian speaking people but when they were Aryanized they probably spoke non-Iranian languages.

Could or could not have contributed to the languages of Punjab Sindh Rajasthan and Kutch.
Some celestial level documentations soon ;)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles