Gamer dies after playing Diablo III for 40 straight hours !

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
:wat: :O :*( what a hard core gamer !!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
40 straight hours of Diablo III claims gamer's life

KS Sandhya Iyer, July 18, 2012

An 18-year old Taiwanese man collapsed and died after playing Diablo III for 40 straight hours, reports The Australian Associated press.

The report states that the man had entered an Internet Café in southern Taiwan on a Friday afternoon. He then booked a private room and played non-stop for two days without eating anything.

An employee of the café entered the room on a Sunday morning to check on the man, who was resting on a table. On being awakened, the man collapsed. He was shortly declared dead at a local hospital.

Blizzard, the game's developer, released the following comment on the news:

"We're saddened to hear this news, and our thoughts are with his family and friends during this difficult time. We don't feel it would be appropriate for us to comment further without knowing all of the circumstances involved."

"While we recognize that it's ultimately up to each individual or their parent or guardian to determine playing habits, we feel that moderation is clearly important, and that a person's day-to-day life should take precedence over any form of entertainment."

This is not the first time such an incident has occurred. In February, a Taiwanese man suffered a heart attack after a 23-hour gaming marathon. Another incident was reported in 2007, from China's Guangzhou province where a 30-year old man died after 3 consecutive days of gaming. Other tragedies involved a 28-year old South Korean man dying after 50-hours of constant gaming and a 24-year old South Korean man succumbing to his death after 86 hours of continuous gameplay.
Source: 40 straight hours of Diablo III claims gamer's life | NDTV Gadgets

Koovie

GAME OVER!

No seriously, R.I.P. dude... what a bad way to die

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
guys - there are a few accounts of young men in south korea having had the same experience - in s korea there are many internet cafes which are operated 24 hrs , round the clock - and there have already been a few instances where men have played for two days non.-stop and - died ( sorry to say ) - it's true - so take it easy with the net please !

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Ohh ... i never got addicted to Video Games ... :hmm:
although R.I.P

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
:wat: :O :*( what a hard core gamer !!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
40 straight hours of Diablo III claims gamer's life

KS Sandhya Iyer, July 18, 2012

An 18-year old Taiwanese man collapsed and died after playing Diablo III for 40 straight hours, reports The Australian Associated press.

The report states that the man had entered an Internet Café in southern Taiwan on a Friday afternoon. He then booked a private room and played non-stop for two days without eating anything.

An employee of the café entered the room on a Sunday morning to check on the man, who was resting on a table. On being awakened, the man collapsed. He was shortly declared dead at a local hospital.

Blizzard, the game's developer, released the following comment on the news:

"We're saddened to hear this news, and our thoughts are with his family and friends during this difficult time. We don't feel it would be appropriate for us to comment further without knowing all of the circumstances involved."

"While we recognize that it's ultimately up to each individual or their parent or guardian to determine playing habits, we feel that moderation is clearly important, and that a person's day-to-day life should take precedence over any form of entertainment."

This is not the first time such an incident has occurred. In February, a Taiwanese man suffered a heart attack after a 23-hour gaming marathon. Another incident was reported in 2007, from China's Guangzhou province where a 30-year old man died after 3 consecutive days of gaming. Other tragedies involved a 28-year old South Korean man dying after 50-hours of constant gaming and a 24-year old South Korean man succumbing to his death after 86 hours of continuous gameplay.
Source: 40 straight hours of Diablo III claims gamer's life | NDTV Gadgets
My God . . . Says something about how weird the Mind can be
and how it can even coax the spirit . . .once its hooked

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Rest In Peace...

Indeed he died doing what he loved..

-----------------------------------

Though i am afraid the same trend is here in India too..

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
RIP.
But seriously Diablo, there are so many better games to die for.

ani82v

Country flag
He died doing what he loved.
Rest In Peace...

Indeed he died doing what he loved..

-----------------------------------

Though i am afraid the same trend is here in India too..
RIP.
But seriously Diablo, there are so many better games to die for.
I wish he'd given a thought if there is anything else he would have died doing instead of dying on a slippery slope of addiction.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Like GTA:SA,man i never got tired of playing it
RIP though
Classic. Even after all these years, can't seem to get bored of it.
As for the departed soul, may you control your gaming addictions in the afterworld.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
How do you die after 23-40 hours? That is nothing... they must have some kind of medical condition to begin with.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles