G-7 SUMMIT 2015

anupamsurey

Country flag
The 41st G7 summit is being held in Schloss Elmau, Krun, Bavaria, Germany on June 7–8, 2015.
The attendees included the leaders of the seven G7 member states (Canada,France, Germany, Italy, Japan,UK, US and EU), in addition three guest nations Iraq, Nigeria, and Tunisia are also attending this summit.
according to the official portal of G& the main agenda of G7 Summit 2015 are

Foreign Policies, International security, and Terrorism (this explains inviting Iraq and Nigeria).
Environmental Pollution, and global warming.
Health (Ebola and critcal medicines related), poverty eradication.
Economic policies (esp in retails),and
Women empowerment.

anupamsurey

Country flag
I was little shocked to not see any Information on G7 summit after all it is a hot news in International politics.

anupamsurey

Country flag
Obama and US make G7 summit into anti russia summit.

Talks on Ukraine-Russia

This year’s summit will be the second that excludes Russia and it occurs amid an escalation in violence in Eastern Ukraine. Fighting between Russia-backed separatists and Ukrainian soldiers broke out earlier this week, killing and wounding dozens and delivering a fresh blow to the cease-fire both sides agreed to earlier this year. On Friday, Obama and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko expressed “deep concern” about the ongoing crisis via telephone ahead of the summit. Obama pledged continued commitment to a diplomatic solution to the conflict, though administration officials said Thursday until a diplomatic agreement is reached sanctions against Russia should remain. “It’s very important coming out of these G7 meetings that the world is seen as speaking with one voice in support of those important consequences that have been imposed on Russia, and to demonstrate that Russia will continue to face those sanctions until a diplomatic solution is fully implemented,” said Ben Rhodes, the deputy national security advisor for strategic communications.
http://time.com/3911507/barack-obama-g7-summit/

Group of Seven (G7) leaders vowed at a summit in the Bavarian Alps on Sunday to keep sanctions against Russia in place until President Vladimir Putin and Moscow-backed separatists fully implement the terms of a peace deal for Ukraine.

The Ukraine conflict and a long-running debt standoff between Greece and its European partners dominated the first day of the annual meeting hosted by Chancellor Angela Merkel at Schloss Elmau, a luxury Alpine hotel in southern Germany.

Merkel is hoping to secure commitments from her G7 guests to tackle global warming ahead of a major United Nations climate summit in Paris in December.

The German agenda also foresees discussions on global health issues, from Ebola to antibiotics and tropical diseases. But Ukraine took center stage on Sunday, with U.S. President Barack Obama calling for "standing up to Russian aggression".

The leaders want Russia and Ukraine to comply with a Feb. 12 ceasefire agreed in the Belarus capital Minsk that largely halted fighting in eastern Ukraine between pro-Russian separatists and Ukrainian government forces.

EU leaders agreed in March that sanctions imposed over Russia's seizure and annexation of Crimea and detribalization of eastern Ukraine would stay until the Minsk ceasefire was fully applied, effectively extending them to the end of the year, but a formal decision has yet to be taken.

Merkel said any easing of the sanctions depended largely on Russia and its behavior in Ukraine.

European Council President Donald Tusk went further, saying: "If anyone wants to start a discussion about changing the sanctions regime, it could only be about strengthening it."

European monitors have blamed a recent upsurge in violence in eastern Ukraine on the pro-Moscow separatists. Russian President Vladimir Putin was frozen out of what used to be the G8 after Moscow's annexation of Crimea last year.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/07/us-g7-summit-idUSKBN0OM0I320150607

Last edited:

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
ohohoho.... looks like Obama has an end game for Iraq already.
:lol: Bye bye syria bye bye Iraq :yo:

jouni

Schloss Elmau is a great Hotel! I was staying there last autumn. The scenery is wonderful. If you go to holiday in Germany, I can recommend that hotel.

Try the outside pool and attend to inhouse concerts. I saw some Indian looking families in there, they at least had a good taste ;)

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
they at least had a good taste
:lol:
Sir you are a nice stealth troll.....but why does finnish have 15 cases !!!! I think that messes up the brain.

pmaitra

I was little shocked to not see any Information on G7 summit after all it is a hot news in International politics.
I was shocked to see that you even noticed this news. :pound:

That G7 was wiped out of the front pages, even in the tightly controlled western press, and Putin's meeting with the Pope got more coverage, tells us a lot about the growing irrelevance of the G7.

I hope they had a good picnic, with some nice Brat-Würst, and a good opportunity to pose a fake smile at the camera while huddling together like a soccer team defending a penalty kick.

anupamsurey

Country flag
I was shocked to see that you even noticed this news. :pound:

That G7 was wiped out of the front pages, even in the tightly controlled western press, and Putin's meeting with the Pope got more coverage, tells us a lot about the growing irrelevance of the G7.

I hope they had a good picnic, with some nice Brat-Würst, and a good opportunity to pose a fake smile at the camera while huddling together like a soccer team defending a penalty kick.
they did play the "lick the putin" game here.
Obama managed to pull some strings to extend the ban on Russia, Some countries in EU were acting othrerwise.

pmaitra

they did play the "lick the putin" game here.
Obama managed to pull some strings to extend the ban on Russia, Some countries in EU were acting othrerwise.
I can see a tone of disappointment in quite a few articles, now that all these shenanigans have not had any effect, Russia refused to back down, poured cold Siberian water onto the plans to annex Ukraine into NATO, and caused a rift within EU that has come embarrassingly out in the open.

anupamsurey

Country flag
I can see a tone of disappointment in quite a few articles, now that all these shenanigans have not had any effect, Russia refused to back down, poured cold Siberian water onto the plans to annex Ukraine into NATO, and caused a rift within EU that has come embarrassingly out in the open.
thats the general Idea, the west has failed to budge Russia so far, and they are disappointed to see no apparent loss to russians, they forgot to consider that russia has always been a closed market economy (being a commi nation), and they have their own sphere of influence in in the world, which remains unaltered so far.

pmaitra

thats the general Idea, the west has failed to budge Russia so far, and they are disappointed to see no apparent loss to russians, they forgot to consider that russia has always been a closed market economy (being a commi nation), and they have their own sphere of influence in in the world, which remains unaltered so far.
The G7 is indeed on a decline. The US is also nervous that with the world finding an alternative to the US Dollar, the US will not be able to export is inflation to the rest of the world, thus less than infinite supply of money. Many new joinees into the EU have realized that they had been taken for a ride. There is one very ancient behaviour that no nation should be expected to eschew, and that is, every nation looks out for its own interests. Let us see how long before it is acknowledged that the G7 is officially "Gone 7."

Global Defence

New threads

Articles