Future oil wars

rock45

Founding Member/ RIP our friend
I always look into the future to see where the next oil wars may happen I see China taking a big step with this purchase. Look for more Chinese rigs to go up is only the first part there have the means to produce them now.

Look for new all Chinese own oil & gas company's to start building rigs,profits won't have to be shared then. No stock holders voting on drilling locations China's government will pick them.

PetroChina buys Keppel stake in SPC for $1 billion
PetroChina buys Keppel stake in SPC for $1 billion | Deals | Reuters

rock45

Surprise nobody biting on this it could shake up the whole Pacific rims oil and gas production. China's buying a company that makes modern oil and gas drilling rigs. I can think of a few small island off Vietnam's coast with oil reserves that might interests China.

Keppel, the world's largest offshore oil rig builder, said in the statement that together with PetroChina it plans to explore opportunities in the offshore oil industry and in other areas.
I think this is huge imagine if China tripled their oil imports and paid less for the oil? What an plus it would be for their economy not only in home production but exports as well.

Country flag
Rock I think chinese buying a company is not a direct threat like their moves into Africa and Central Asia for Oil, this will only impact the smaller regional players who already have other disputes with China.

rock45

Hi LF
I'm thinking it bigger who's going stop them from building 20 platform in disputed areas?

Country flag
they use the disputes to their advantage, using their UNSC and intimidation as leverage, in their dispute with Japan, japanese gave in to easily and it emboldened the chinese expansionists to continue their imperialistic ways but even smaller nations like vietnam have not given in and don't fear China, these platforms can still be destroyed what will China do nuke helpless non nuclear countries?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles