Frustrated Strivers in Pakistan Turn to Jihad

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Following NY times article is about terrorist Umar Kundi, who recently got killed in police shootout,describing how a young talented boy from small town who was in medical college to become doctor ,rather graduated into a die hard jihadi.A Pakistani military psychiatrist Brig. Mowadat Hussain Rana is trying to explain that generally younger and middle child graduate into jihadi due to neglect.All is fine with is theory.

Frustrated Strivers in Pakistan Turn to Jihad

A Pakistani military psychiatrist is trying to answer that question. In a study of 24 young men who were involved in terrorist attacks in Pakistan, the psychiatrist, Brig. Mowadat Hussain Rana, has found that they tend to be the younger or middle siblings in families of six or more children. The households are not always poor but are often violent, and the youngsters get lost in the chaos.

“He’s that boy who is not in a rigorous system of rule setting,” Brigadier Rana said in an interview in Rawalpindi. “He becomes someone who drifts, who spends afternoons hitting stray dogs, and no one notices.”

His parents, at their wits’ end, take him to a mullah, hoping to instill discipline, the theory goes. The two develop a close relationship, sometimes even sexual, giving the boy the attention he has long craved. The mullah then introduces him to others, men who make him feel important, as if he is part of something bigger than himself.

Now this Pakistani military psychiatrist Brig. Mowadat Hussain Rana is brother of another Jihadi Tahawwur Hussain Rana who is currently in custody in Chicago among other things for involvement in the 26/11 Mumbai terrorist attack.Page 12 of the Criminal Complaint filed with the US District court discloses Tahawwur Hussain Rana saying this in an e-mail.

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA vs.TAHAWWUR HUSSAIN RANA

More
specifically, RANA stated:
One of my brothers in Brigadier Movadat Hussain Rana and the other is Sibte
Hassan Rana monie. They are in Rawalpindi. I really admire emails making it
instant half mulaquat especially yahoo as it seems superior to hotmail. Talk to
you later.

Now I'm sure that Brig. Mowadat Hussain Rana must have an explanation too for his brother Tahawwur Hussain Rana turning jihadi.But then Tahawwur Hussain Rana rana was one time in pakistani army.Is it that the pakistani army's jihadi culture that turned fine officer from accomplished family and well financial background turned him jihadi or is it Brigadier Movadat Hussain Rana's above theory.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Once you're part of the services, the family baggage is left behind to a large extant. But we're talking about an army where corruption and nepotism is rife. So his stint didn't alter it. Blame people for not taking up family planning.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
tarun,
If i'm not wrong even Tahawwur Hussain Rana was in Pak army and now they say he was a deserter.What sort of army desert can freely come and go out of pakistan without getting arrested and court-marshaled.herethe question id not about corruption and nepotism but the jehadi culture in pak army.

Country flag
Many members have said Pakistani army is a professional organization but using the concept of Jihad may degrade the services,this concept is not something that any organized army in the world would waste one second pursuing.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
tarun,
If i'm not wrong even Tahawwur Hussain Rana was in Pak army and now they say he was a deserter.What sort of army desert can freely come and go out of pakistan without getting arrested and court-marshaled.herethe question id not about corruption and nepotism but the jehadi culture in pak army.
I know he was in PA, and that part. I said joining it couldn't change things. Yes you're right there's a strong fundamentalist element in PA, and it's pretty obvious given the way it runs...with corruption and nepotism.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Old saying. An idle mind is a devils workshop. Fits the case here.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles