Frisking of Ex President Dr. Kalam : USA apologises

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Why was he insulted? Because he is a Muslim? He was insulted at Dehli Airport??

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
he was frisked by Continental airlines ppl becuse they though he was a "threat"

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I wonder if this US Airline would frisk ex President Clinton!

Though he would not mind a young lady frisking him!

By nature, he is a frisky chap!

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
:rofl: good one ray sir

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Guys, lets not get carried away here... strip searching Hillary will not help us... maybe some severe restrictions and an investigation ordered into Continental airways will help us -

• Order an immediate inquiry and ban Continental until the results of enquiry are not out
  • Impose severe restrictions on Continental due to non-following of statutory civil aviation protocols and laws

These two moves will hurt them where it hits the most, on a source of income... and, as it is the airlines are not doing very well and hence all the world carriers will be wary of taking us for granted...

This way, it doesn't look like we're exacting revenge on somebody or doing something stupid like strip searching Hillary Clinton, but also sending a message across to the airlines that if they take us for granted, they will suffer heavily in a monetary sense... and, since India is increasingly becoming a source of wold money and power, they will think twice before their antics...

And lets kick the American boss who insisted on the search off Indian soil. Suspend Continental Air indefinitely unless it sacks his sorry ass. How dare he insult India on Indian soil?!!!!

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Guys please don't think that I am supporting the frisking incident, but I want to bring attention to the way this VVIP list is getting big. I feel this non frisking rule should be allowed only to CURRENT president, PM and cabinet ministers, period. All others should be frisked even there family members. If you see the non frisked persons list you will find the gandhi FAMILY also there. This list is getting misused. I feel our politicians wants to be treated differently then the common people :(

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
And lets kick the American boss who insisted on the search off Indian soil. Suspend Continental Air indefinitely unless it sacks his sorry ass. How dare he insult India on Indian soil?!!!!
I agree with you in principle, but in practice it has to be done in a more discrete way... so that it doesn't look like we're vicitimising them in any way... So, I think my list of to-dos ought to be enough to send the message across to them and other foreign airlines...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Gandhi family is not normal people.

They are Royalty!

If you don't believe me ask them or any old Congress flunky.

Does anyone frisk the Queen?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
On frisking, there is one which Kushwant wrote in his column.

He was frisked at the Lahore airport. Not once, but three to four times and the beeper went off every time.

Exasperated, he told the frisker, "Woh fauladi hai" (they are made of iron!)

tharikiran

Country flag
Frisking row: US airline apologises to Kalam: Rediff.com news

A day after the government ordered a probe into the frisking of former President Dr A P J Abdul Kalam at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi , the guilty Continental Airlines has formally apologised.

'We apologise to Dr.Kalam for any inconvenience caused. The intention was never to offend the sentiments of Dr. Kalam,' a television report quoted from the apology of the Continental Airlines on Wednesday.

"We reiterate our commitment to comply with the rules," the airlines added.

On Tuesday, a First Information Report was filed against the Continental Airlines' concerned staff for breach of protocol by frisking the former President in April.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Mr Kalam was president from 2002 to 2007. The incident took place in April as Mr Kalam boarded a Continental Airlines flight to the US.

But Continental Airlines maintained that there was no special treatment for dignitaries.

"There is no special rule for VIPs [very important persons] and VVIPs [very very important persons]. This is the process the airline adheres to," a spokesperson for the carrier said.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Anger as Indian ex-leader frisked

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
he was frisked by Continental airlines ppl becuse they though he was a "threat"
Continental Airlines have separate security procedure at Delhi Airport?

On frisking, there is one which Kushwant wrote in his column.

He was frisked at the Lahore airport. Not once, but three to four times and the beeper went off every time.

Exasperated, he told the frisker, "Woh fauladi hai" (they are made of iron!)
LOL :) Good one. Bahir a ker saaab yehi kehtey hain :blum3:

Flint

IMO everyone should be frisked at the airport, except for a select few like serving PM, Prez and perhaps the topmost bureaucrat.

We need to get out of this mentality. Getting frisked is not an "insult", its simply a security procedure that should be applied to everyone, especially important people.

Politicians and ex-Presidents should set the example for the common man by following the rules.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Imo,
Airlines supervise the final security check with CISF personnel.
That is strange coz in Pakistan airlines have no role in security its all done by ASF of CAA.

tharikiran

Country flag
That is strange coz in Pakistan airlines have no role in security its all done by ASF of CAA.
It all depends on the level of threat too.

The situation Pakistan is in, requires those measures I believe.

CISF stands for Central Industrial Security Force. Meant to protect crucial plants and factories.They protect nuclear installations, places like sriharikota too.

I grew up with classmates whose parents were in CISF protecting the fertilizer and Heavy water plant in my area .

I was surprised when they were given the task to protect Airports.

Anyway.

In this case, it seems, they did tell the airline guys that they don't need to frisk Dr. Kalam.We know the rest of the story.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Plant security and airport security are two different things. Anyways :)

Terminator

At end of day gentleman wins game and I am proud Dr Kalam co operated. And as Nithesh told VVIP list is getting enlarged which i do agree and would say every tom dick and harry are there in this VVIP list and i would like to see all checked.Politicians cry aloud on this checking ,as they are liars .Since we citizens are checked all should be checked irrespective of their position as they are also humans like us.Let it be The king, pope or the President of US anyone coming here or leaving from here should be checked and send in or out.

Airlines and other specially western organisations are thinking they can do what ever as this is INDIA Banning this continental for six months will teach them that we wouldnt take crap and if they want to do business here they should abide to our rules.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
US airlines apologises for frisking Kalam

US airlines apologises for frisking Kalam

Airline apology to Indian leader

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Airline apology to Indian leader
Their fathers will apologise.

They know what is MONEY!

They will be in further dumps, if they are told not to use the Indian skies!

But then, with our present ooze of love for the US, will we worry about Kalam and Indian prestige or kowtowing to Obama and Clinton?

Clinton Hillary should be body searched when she leaves India!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles