French Military Pictures!

A.V.

[mod]this thread is for french military exercises,equipments and other military pictures, make sure you upload the pictures on the DFI gallery first then paste the URL on this thread read the announcements or the section moderator[/mod]

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
Crotale Air Defense System

Crotale NG (Next Generation) is an all-weather short-range air defence system developed by Thales Air Defense (formerly Thomson-CSF Airsys) based at Bagneux in France.

Crotale NG entered production in 1990 and is in service with the Finnish Army (20 systems), and the French Air Force (12 shelter-mounted systems) and Navy.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
FAMAS G2 Assault Rifle:

Following wasn't uploaded to gallery because of its copyright, sourced from Guns.ru.

^FAMAS G2, and its variants.

Tactical Frog

Country flag

New video featuring Mistral class ships and Tiger helicopters !
#Euronaval 2016

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Rare footage of the inside of the Ile Longue french strategic nuclear submarines base in Brest.
Two of the four Triomphant class submarines are visible. Third one is at sea. Fourth is undergoing a major overhaul and upgrade ouside the base.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
An interesting video about French Special Forces commandos' training. Released by MoD in 2015.

armyofhind

Country flag
An interesting video about French Special Forces commandos' training. Released by MoD in 2015.

Nice video.
I have both a question as well as an experience to share with you.

Firstly, what is the reputation of 2nd REP amongst French Special Forces?
And is 2nd REP really a special forces unit or kind of like Royal Marines Commando.. like an all terrain elite infantry unit?

And the experience.. well back in 2014..Somali Pirates were harassing merchant vessels a lot in the Gulf of Aden and Bab El Mandeb.. which is the entrance to the Red Sea.
I was on a vessel which regularly used to go to Sudan... so we had armed guards for each voyage on board.
Once we had a team of three Polish guys.. I used to keep a watch with one guy who had prior experience with Polish Recon.
He told me that a month back... the Pirates were doing regular harassing raids around the area and has even captured one big vessel.
Then, 2nd REP deployed to Djibouti... and since then, it has all stopped.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Nice video.

And is 2nd REP really a special forces unit or kind of like Royal Marines Commando.. like an all terrain elite infantry unit?

And the experience.. well back in 2014..Somali Pirates were harassing merchant vessels a lot in the Gulf of Aden and Bab El Mandeb.. which is the entrance to the Red Sea.
I was on a vessel which regularly used to go to Sudan... so we had armed guards for each voyage on board.
Once we had a team of three Polish guys.. I used to keep a watch with one guy who had prior experience with Polish Recon.
He told me that a month back... the Pirates were doing regular harassing raids around the area and has even captured one big vessel.
I don't know if they are sof but if i'm not mistaken they are parachute/airborne of french foreign legion (ffl)
There was/is a guy here @Armand2REP who claimed he was part of 2REP?

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Nice video.

Haha, the 2nd REP retains its aura I see ... but the French Foreign Legion is a ground combat force, they are not trained for any kind of sea operation. Their reputation is based on a very tough selection ... and their operational history.

2nd REP is not part of the French Special Forces. The French Special Forces are several small units from the Army, the Airforce and the Navy, with an unified command called COS or Special Operations Command. No Foreign Legion units are part of it.

The Legion is more similar to British gurkhas , though much more versatile imho. And their multilingual skills are always a big asset when deployed abroad :)

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Video released in 2014 by Armée de l'Air showing a simulation of a nuclear raid with Rafale and ASMP-A missile. It is in French but you can find an attempt of a translation of the pilot voices in the "Comments" section (user Claire Farron) .
Some worthy Rafale cockpit and interface sequences in the end !

Tactical Frog

Country flag

Relief operations after Irma hurricane . Airbus Helicopters Panther may be a solid choice for Indian Navy as multirole helicopter.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles