FREE HINDU TEMPLES FROM GOVT CONTROL

stew98

Ullah
Country flag
I would request to sign petition. Also, make your voice heard in MaanKiBaat. Though contact number is not working right now, but I think it would be working only during MaanKiBaat on Sunday.

Hindu temples in most Indian states are under Govt control through Acts like the Tamil Nadu HR&CE, A.P. Religious Institutions Act, etc. This means the govt appoints officers and politicians on the board of ‘temple trusts’, including as Chief Executives.

Tirupati until recently had a Christian while Kali Bari Mandir in Bengal has a Muslim, as its respective Chief Executives. Some of these officers don’t even accept ‘Prasadam’. Such intolerant non-Hindus have no business sitting on Hindu temple boards.

TN HR&CE department takes away 4% of all Hundi and other donations, as audit fee & 12% as administration fee. Thus 16% of all your donations goes into Govt coffers

Temple owned lands are encroached upon, often by religious places of other communities. For instance, in Tamil Nadu, an illegal cemetery has been built on land owned by Ganapathy Temple, Tirunelveli; temples have lost ~ 50,000 acres of land since the 1951. Even conduct of Pujas (how, when, what if offered) is regularly interfered with.

Such demonic behavior is perpetrated by Govt on Hindus (& Jains) alone. Govt does not control nor interferes Mosques, Churches or even Gurudwaras. Somehow the most inclusive, majority Hindu community, is an easy target for the govt.

And this is not stopping. Recently, the Maharashtra govt has taken over the ‘Shani Temple’ with the excuse of better management. It seems the govt believes only Hindus & Jains are incapable (and not Christians, Muslims, Sikhs) of management of their places of worship.

Approx 5000 murtis stolen from temples in India, are decorating gardens in US, Europe. These deities who we worship should be in our temples. They get stolen because of apathy, and worse, active connivance of govt officials with art smugglers.

“HR&CE department neither had the capacity nor qualified experts to carry out conservation work and no proper system was being followed for documenting, assessing, reporting, tendering, etc., of heritage structures” is what UNESCO report of protected TN temples said about HR&CE Deptt. Source: http://bit.ly/2KkUYgZ

Once the Govt moves out, this community money belonging to the Hindus could be used to run Schools, Orphanages, Veda Pathshalas, Gaushalas, Ayurvedic Clinics, Annadanam (free food) and to stop religious conversions across India.

What can be done

1. NDA Govt constitutionally CAN, and MUST bring out a Central Legislation to override individual HR&CE Acts across all Indian states, thus leaving State Govts to only REGULATE religious institutions and it must be applicable to all faiths.

2. Campaign with the Modi Govt. on Social Media. You can reach them on:

Twitter: @narendramodi, @PMOIndia & @BJP4India with hashtag #FreeHinduTemples

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/narendramodi

Prime Minister’s Office can be connected on email at [email protected]

3. Call PM Modi on #MannKiBaat; Dial 1800117800 and tell him to Free Hindu Temples. http://bit.ly/2Mhf357

4. Sign for this signature campaign; More reading: www.freemytemples.com/

Last edited:

Tibarn

Country flag
There is something written by Stephan Knapp that documents the loot by the Karnataka government of Hindu temples; it also documents the funneling of the temple funds to mosques/churches.

Does anyone know the name of the book/or a link to the writings. I am having trouble locating it.

I think it will be effective in promoting awareness among Hindus.

Tibarn

Country flag
The latest case of Secular state terrorizing Hindus is the interference of the SC in the Sabarimala temple

The SC is working towards destroying the diversity of Hindu temple traditions. To make it worse, there doesn't seem to be any support offered by BJP/RSS to the temple.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Country flag
I would request to sign petition. Also, make your voice heard in MaanKiBaat. Though contact number is not working right now, but I think it would be working only during MaanKiBaat on Sunday.

Hindu temples in most Indian states are under Govt control through Acts like the Tamil Nadu HR&CE, A.P. Religious Institutions Act, etc. This means the govt appoints officers and politicians on the board of ‘temple trusts’, including as Chief Executives.

Tirupati until recently had a Christian while Kali Bari Mandir in Bengal has a Muslim, as its respective Chief Executives. Some of these officers don’t even accept ‘Prasadam’. Such intolerant non-Hindus have no business sitting on Hindu temple boards.

TN HR&CE department takes away 4% of all Hundi and other donations, as audit fee & 12% as administration fee. Thus 16% of all your donations goes into Govt coffers

Temple owned lands are encroached upon, often by religious places of other communities. For instance, in Tamil Nadu, an illegal cemetery has been built on land owned by Ganapathy Temple, Tirunelveli; temples have lost ~ 50,000 acres of land since the 1951. Even conduct of Pujas (how, when, what if offered) is regularly interfered with.

Such demonic behavior is perpetrated by Govt on Hindus (& Jains) alone. Govt does not control nor interferes Mosques, Churches or even Gurudwaras. Somehow the most inclusive, majority Hindu community, is an easy target for the govt.

And this is not stopping. Recently, the Maharashtra govt has taken over the ‘Shani Temple’ with the excuse of better management. It seems the govt believes only Hindus & Jains are incapable (and not Christians, Muslims, Sikhs) of management of their places of worship.

Approx 5000 murtis stolen from temples in India, are decorating gardens in US, Europe. These deities who we worship should be in our temples. They get stolen because of apathy, and worse, active connivance of govt officials with art smugglers.

“HR&CE department neither had the capacity nor qualified experts to carry out conservation work and no proper system was being followed for documenting, assessing, reporting, tendering, etc., of heritage structures” is what UNESCO report of protected TN temples said about HR&CE Deptt. Source: http://bit.ly/2KkUYgZ

Once the Govt moves out, this community money belonging to the Hindus could be used to run Schools, Orphanages, Veda Pathshalas, Gaushalas, Ayurvedic Clinics, Annadanam (free food) and to stop religious conversions across India.

What can be done

1. NDA Govt constitutionally CAN, and MUST bring out a Central Legislation to override individual HR&CE Acts across all Indian states, thus leaving State Govts to only REGULATE religious institutions and it must be applicable to all faiths.

2. Campaign with the Modi Govt. on Social Media. You can reach them on:

Twitter: @narendramodi, @PMOIndia & @BJP4India with hashtag #FreeHinduTemples

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/narendramodi

Prime Minister’s Office can be connected on email at [email protected]

3. Call PM Modi on #MannKiBaat; Dial 1800117800 and tell him to Free Hindu Temples. http://bit.ly/2Mhf357

4. Sign for this signature campaign; More reading: www.freemytemples.com/
Even better, put all sorts of religious structure under state control. Letting them be free will create more Padmnabhs.

Safir

we Hindus are corrupt and greedy people the funds and charity will be used for fulfilling the comfort of the temple administration. There will be sure shot corruptions after corruptions.

Now the question arise... Who is head of Hindu temples across the world... Answer: No one .... Hindu temples are independent entities ...of-course Devasthanam board is there, without govt scrutiny they will become blood sucking highly corrupt entity.
Shankaracharyas should be the head

Abhijat

Country flag
we Hindus are corrupt and greedy people the funds and charity will be used for fulfilling the comfort of the temple administration. There will be sure shot corruptions after corruptions.
Sorry to say this but you are quoting the same lies as peddled by britishers to exert their dominion over us Indians, by belittling ourselves and not capable of even administrating our basic religious institutions.

south block

up your a**
Country flag
why so pundits can take all of it for themselves like they used to do for thousands of years.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Then who control the temple fund??

Local pastor follow Vatican head(pope) blindly
Local mulla follow Macca head(mulla) blindly... and they have full authority over coward converted Asian/African people.

Now the question arise... Who is head of Hindu temples across the world... Answer: No one .... Hindu temples are independent entities ...of-course Devasthanam board is there, without govt scrutiny they will become blood sucking highly corrupt entity.
So under the govt now, it is all corruption-free and dedicated to its cause.... Right
Saty, as usual you have forgotten your meds...

Abhijat

Country flag

It is not government's place to have control on religion as they see fit in name of "-ism".

Santana Dharma promotes basic philosophy of Karma as a practical approach towards social and spiritual well being. Also, philosophy of Rebirth is attached to that of karma , thus these two form the basis of Moksha/Nirvana/Liberation etc.

So , when I go to a temple and perform puja and give offerings (not necessary of monetary value) , it is with the intention that I am giving back some portion of my earned wealth to Deva , by whose blessing I earned such and thus fulfilling my duty towards Deva.

Their is also another aspect of Daana , which is an important duty to gain Paropakara , and thus gaining good Karma and decreasing bad Karma. So that's why charity box in temples are shown as Daana-peti. This money is to be used for poor and others downtrodden people of society.

To make myself clear , their are two types of distinctive offerings one performs in a visit to temple :

1. To residing Deva , in form of flowers, agarbatti , nariyal(coconut) or any jewelry as such. This is duty towards Deva.

2. In Daana-peti , mainly cash or any kind of thereof , so that such can be utilized for benefit of poor around temple. This is for decreasing bad karma and gaining good karma.

So from above it can be seen that both types are VERY important for one's spiritual upliftment and fast pacing in direction of Moksha.

So they are my religious functions and integral to my religion , and any hindrance in thus is against my freedom of belief, practice and thus against my religious freedom.

All the things I said above is known as acceptable to majority of Indians , but the problem starts with naivety(deception?) of our political masters and learned judges.

Here little digression is necessary to provide background on Secularism and Religion.

[Start]

To make it easier to understand the present Indian situation some background on how Religion and Secularism and their legal interpretation came into being in European countries need to be discussed, we have to understand how political institution has evolved in European continent and the conflict between catholic and protestants.

The main point of conflict between the two sects of Christianity was on the authority of Pope, as institutional head of religion and religion as private or public activity.

Protestants wished to define Religion as - " Relationship between man and his creator and what binds him to god is religion, it is direct relation and no authority or role of pope as such ,and religion as such should be practiced in private sphere and not public sphere”.

This definition is Christine in nature as Lactantius (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactantius) , advisor to Christian Roman emperor Constantine - I , defined Religio as : re- (again) + ligo("bind")

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio)

So there are two things :

1. Direct relation, meaning no need of socio-religious practices.

2. Private space, meaning in your home only, no church needed.

[End]

Now come to 1948 , Constitutional Assembly discussion on uniform civil code :

(http://cadindia.clpr.org.in/constit...me/7/1948-12-02?paragraph_number=178#7.65.178)

Excerpt from above link :

B.R. Ambedkar : "The religious conceptions in this country are so vast that they cover every aspect of life, from birth to death. There is nothing which is not religion and if personal law is to be saved, I am sure about it that in social matters we will come to a standstill. I do not think it is possible to accept a position of that sort. There is nothing extraordinary in saying that we ought to strive hereafter to limit the definition of religion in such a manner that we shall not extend beyond beliefs and such rituals as may be connected with ceremonials which are essentially religious...".

Please take note of the term "essentially religious".

So , taking the above debate into account our learned judges classified activities in two categories :

1. Essentially religious activity ,

2. Secular activity (like management of temples etc.)

You may ask why isn't management of temples a secular activity ? Isn't managing finance/book of temple a secular activity ? No it is not as because our temples evolved as a religious institutions which are directly linked to our religious practices like Dana(charity) and are a distribution center of one's Karma through such practices and external interference of such hinders me to efficiently discharge these practices.

This was the first step towards "secularization" of religion. But still it was in purview of religious bodies to decide what was essentially religious or not.

This was the emergence of hydra head which has bought to the present condition of Sabarimala case.

Come 1970's learned judges evolved a new Doctrine of essential practise. Now , learned judges would decide that even in religious practises , which are essential practises or not .

Take Sabarimala case for example, here the argument are :

1. That visiting a temple is a secular activity,and not essentially religious activity , so open for all of any religious denomination. It does not take into account the role of temples in Hindu society as place of offering and where you connect with Deva. This will convert our temples in tourist spot only.

2. In addition practice such as not allowing women of menstrual age is not an essential practice, hence delete this practice from your(Sabarimala’s) book and reform it.

So as can be seen , our learned judges have taken horrendous task or reforming Hindu religion in their hand as Deva of modern times and would surely “secularize” the lowlife Hindus into a Reformed, Modern, Secular, Chrisman(Human who is essentially Christian ).

Tibarn

Country flag
My opinion is that the government has no place in administering Hindu temples. They make up excuses such as Hindus having casteism, etc.

The government really just wants free access to all the Hindu temple donations.

Hindu temples should be administered by the Hindu communities which they are located in. How that works remains to be seen.

If problems arise ie some casteist people in charge of certain temples, then go to another temple or build your own temple.

The government control of Hindu temples is throttling the Hindu cultural renaissance. Hindu temples used to be centers of the community, even involved in things like education and charity and cow/animal protection. Nowadays the Secular state loots the money from even smaller temples so they can hardly do much for cultural revival.

ezsasa

Mod
Country flag
Keep an eye on this thread to know the arguments being made in Supreme Court hearings...

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
Rather places of worship of all religions should be included in definition of 'temple'. The law should apply all religions. Neither there should be too much government interference nor should be they completely out of control of government.

vampyrbladez

Country flag

ezsasa

Mod
Country flag
Keep an eye on this thread to know the arguments being made in Supreme Court hearings...

Continuing to today’s arguments.
This case is turning out to be a benchmark for all future cases for activism in temple matters...

Let’s hope the activists do not make a better argument than that have been made so far...

64. Mr. Parasaran submits that there are several other famous Ayyappa Temples in Kerala itself which allow entry of women without age restrictions. Therefore, the #Sabarimala Temple is not a case of discrimination.

ezsasa

Mod
Country flag
Continuing to today’s arguments.
This case is turning out to be a benchmark for all future cases for activism in temple matters...

Let’s hope the activists do not make a better argument than that have been made so far...

64. Mr. Parasaran submits that there are several other famous Ayyappa Temples in Kerala itself which allow entry of women without age restrictions. Therefore, the #Sabarimala Temple is not a case of discrimination.

Like I said before the quality of arguments are at different level altogether... young people should read and understand these arguments...

========

The arguments forwarded by Sr Adv Shri K.Parasaran in Sabarimala case from what I hear from my friends were outstanding. Wish they were recorded and shared to Law School students. It now requires a big leap in interpretation to handle his scholarly constitutional arguments.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Disagree with the topic heading.

Free these from government control and allow the custodians to pocket the money which they have been doing for two thousand years.

Icarus

Country flag
So under the govt now, it is all corruption-free and dedicated to its cause.... Right
Saty, as usual you have forgotten your meds...
At least a good govt. may take that money for welfare schemes. Priests and temple managers are well known to be corrupt goondas. You can't expect them to do public good with the money. So the better option is for govt. to use temple funds so that some public good (infra, education, housing etc.) is done.

Global Defence

Articles