Four Indian soldiers die in vehicle battery explosion in Jullundhar

Rage

DFI TEAM
Indian soldiers killed in explosion

Four Indian army soldiers have died in a powerful explosion at a military base in the northern state of Punjab, military officials said.

The blast happened when a vehicle battery that was being charged suddenly exploded in Jalandhar city late on Tuesday, military officials said.

The flames engulfed several vehicles parked nearby and possibly resulted in fuel tank explosions.

Army authorities have ordered an inquiry into the incident.

Senior police officers said it may be "too hasty yet" to rule out the possibility of sabotage.

Reporters witnessed bomb disposal squads and sniffer dogs entering the base area to help in the investigation.

BBC News - Indian soldiers killed in explosion

----

What is with the sudden spate of 'sabotage' these days? Between the nuclear tritium-in-the-water-cooler incident and the crashed Su30MKI, there seems to be a lot of 'sabotage' going around? Is it really 'sabotage' or are we just deflecting from our own considerable mistakes?

Flint

There are no allegations or evidence that the Su30 Crash is sabotage. Rather far-fetched to relate a battery explosion to nuclear plants. Take it easy, will you?

Flint

Erm....no. That's a common mis-interpretation. They have said that it is too early to rule out anything, including sabotage. Obviously, you cannot rule out anything unless you investigate it. That doesn't imply that they are alleging sabotage.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Erm....no. That's a common mis-interpretation. They have said that it is too early to rule out anything, including sabotage. Obviously, you cannot rule out anything unless you investigate it. That doesn't imply that they are alleging sabotage.
I can't believe I have to freackin explain this.

I said: "What is with the sudden spate of 'sabotage' these days? Between the nuclear tritium-in-the-water-cooler incident and the crashed Su30MKI, there seems to be a lot of 'sabotage' going around? Is it really 'sabotage' or are we just deflecting from our own considerable mistakes?"

The article said: "Senior police officers said it may be "too hasty yet" to rule out the possibility of 'sabotage'."

I used inverted commas around sabotage to convey, sarcastically, my derision at all the hooplah surrounding the 'sabotage' theory these days. Take a look at the DFI thread on the Su30MKI crash to see what some of our dearly beloved DFI members were thinking.

Also it was to convey my annoyance, again captiously, about our officials taking recourse prima facie to the 'possibility of sabotage' argument, when clearly, security standards around our sensitive nuclear installations and army bases are so lax as to willingly permit 'sabotage'.

Again, the "link" is not to drawn conclusions, only to those scurillous 'probability' explanations in the face of our own pathetic standards of security- as if they were dying to jump at it to mitigate the negative rap on their own failures- be it indigenous assembly, security at our largest civilian nuclear plant or the veting of vehicles entering army complexes, when such explanations around those sites deserve no merit.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles