Forum Suggestions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tharikiran

Country flag
You all may find it funny but I would really like to have this feature.

Sometimes, some of the posts are so funny that I feel like saying,"ROTFL".

There should be some icon along with "Thanks" which we can click and we should be able to see the number of people who are "ROTFL" for that post underneath that post with the laughing icon. :) :)

prahladh

Respected Member
When we click on any of the topics in "Latest posts" it should go to the latest post of the topic(Thread). But it opens the first page of the topic.

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
We should at least make it mandatory for people to make an intro thread.So we can see the new members.Just a thought

A.V.

When we click on any of the topics in "Latest posts" it should go to the latest post of the topic(Thread). But it opens the first page of the topic.
ideally the forum is structured to go to the last unread post by you but we will have a look if this feature is having any problems

A.V.

We should at least make it mandatory for people to make an intro thread.So we can see the new members.Just a thought
all new registrations will be redirected to the members introsection first we are working on this mod should be implemented soon

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
^^ And i can't tell when/if any of the mods or the staff are online these days.
You guys just sneak up these days!!

A.V.

yes one or any mod or admin is always online atleat 20 hours a day someone or the other is online
we remain invisible any problems just use the report button or pm multiple mods

we have a big team you will always find some one attending to the problems at hand

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
mate when you look at the "latest posts" options, it goes as:

thread name, views/replies, name of the poster and then the most important arrow appears. click on that arrow and that will take you to the latest post on the thread.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
yes one or any mod or admin is always online atleat 20 hours a day someone or the other is online
we remain invisible any problems just use the report button or pm multiple mods

we have a big team you will always find some one attending to the problems at hand
this is not so true once i asked for possibility of few more smiles, repeated the same request thrice but no one bother to answer, what i am observing here that people are working here as in groups and in nexus, a## licking and thanks giving flattery is more practised in DFI then responding to logical threads and posts.

Only especiaals respond to especials or wanna be especiaals.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
this is not so true once i asked for possibility of few more smiles, repeated the same request thrice but no one bother to answer, what i am observing here that people are working here as in groups and in nexus, a## licking and thanks giving flattery is more practised in DFI then responding to logical threads and posts.

Only especiaals respond to especials or wanna be especiaals.

issues related to structural changes are left to avi to address, he has been busy off late but will be regular from september onwards. in case you have made a suggestion and has not been responded to, then the simplest way of getting the attention is by putting a PM to the mod team or avi (A.V.), what ever is thought best will be replied back to you.

there is a mod around most of the time, there are some mods who work on an invisible mode so if you glance through the online members you will not make out whether they are online or not.

i have not seen any grouping on the forum least that be blamed on members.

by saying thanks you pass on a gesture that you appreciate someone's reply which has in some way added to your knowledge base or to the over all discussion on the thread and if you know all then there is no need to put up a thanks for anyone.

what is of interest for you might not be of interest for others, what is logical for you might not be logical for others, what is intelligent for you again might not be intelligent for others, its all a matter of perceptions, and how you have aligned your thought process, least that be debated, also we are a new forum and it can not be expected that all the members come up with few of the finest posts on each subject that is discussed.

as far as the quality of discussion is concerned, well my friend if you have not followed closely then you do need to follow few of the posters, their knowledge base is tremendous and they raise the bar big time with their contributions on the forum.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
issues related to structural changes are left to avi to address, he has been busy off late but will be regular from september onwards. in case you have made a suggestion and has not been responded to, then the simplest way of getting the attention is by putting a PM to the mod team or avi (A.V.), what ever is thought best will be replied back to you.

there is a mod around most of the time, there are some mods who work on an invisible mode so if you glance through the online members you will not make out whether they are online or not.

i have not seen any grouping on the forum least that be blamed on members.

by saying thanks you pass on a gesture that you appreciate someone's reply which has in some way added to your knowledge base or to the over all discussion on the thread and if you know all then there is no need to put up a thanks for anyone.

what is of interest for you might not be of interest for others, what is logical for you might not be logical for others, what is intelligent for you again might not be intelligent for others, its all a matter of perceptions, and how you have aligned your thought process, least that be debated, also we are a new forum and it can not be expected that all the members come up with few of the finest posts on each subject that is discussed.

as far as the quality of discussion is concerned, well my friend if you have not followed closely then you do need to follow few of the posters, their knowledge base is tremendous and they raise the bar big time with their contributions on the forum.
I appreciate that you have answered my post. Interestingly, it is typical of you that you have done your homework before answering. But it is not about my personal scores it is about astonishing level of congeniality and affirmation to each other in most of the posts. I am not able to digest the fact that we are making every thing so polished............oh i think i need a break.
thanks
warm regards
h&r

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
why the forum has gone private. How do you expect to increase the members if you don't allow guests to see what's there on the forum. Moreover, if I want to go through forum without logging in on some public computers, how is it possible. Is there any reason for this decision to go private??.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Could someone clarify as to why the Riots in Xinjiang has become a video game and is moved all over the place with new avatars as titles?

From the Subcontinent to Articles and now one does not know where.

Same is the case with Life in Pakistan.

If threads are moved, then one cannot follow the forum.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sir,
Even if a thread is moved, you can always locate it by clicking new post. It will list all new posts.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sir,
Even if a thread is moved, you can always locate it by clicking new post. It will list all new posts.
You find it under different names.

It is like a merry go round.

Why can't it be where it is?

I am sure there must be good reasons, but what are they?

We like the forum and we would like to be around, but if it is a Jantar Mantar, then we will get lost and lose interest!

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
why the forum has gone private. How do you expect to increase the members if you don't allow guests to see what's there on the forum. Moreover, if I want to go through forum without logging in on some public computers, how is it possible. Is there any reason for this decision to go private??.
DD,

because of the private thing, we have seen a great push in the number of members registering on the forum. there was a time we had some 2-3 registrations/day but the same has increased any where between 7-8 registrations/day.

Could someone clarify as to why the Riots in Xinjiang has become a video game and is moved all over the place with new avatars as titles?

From the Subcontinent to Articles and now one does not know where.

Same is the case with Life in Pakistan.

If threads are moved, then one cannot follow the forum.
sir,

yes, this thread was merged with another thread on a similar issue which was posted in the article forum and the concerned mod while merging the thread without realising moved the main thread to the article forum, but seeing that this had been moved to the wrong forum it was moved back to the sub continent forum. we are extremely sorry for the inconvience and try our best none such problem arises again.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
DD,

because of the private thing, we have seen a great push in the number of members registering on the forum. there was a time we had some 2-3 registrations/day but the same has increased any where between 7-8 registrations/day.
It might be true for those who were visiting this forum previously and got addicted and had to register to continue reading . It (more registering) might stop in few days once all those addicted guests exhaust unless you make it open again to attract (seduce :blum3:) new people. My suggestion would be keep the forum open for few months and close for a month or so and keep continuing this cycle. Another way would be, to allow the guests to read 5 threads or so and then forcing him/her to register if they have to read more threads. :D

A.V.

dd the idea was to let guests view a certain number of posts and if they want to contibue reading they must registar we implemented the mod for vb with that intension but the modification seemed to have malfunctioned and completely made the forum private we are soon going to make it as we planned omly 5-10 posts/threads/pages can be read by a guest everytime then he must register to continue reading

FORUM TO UNDERGO UPGRADING POST 27TH OF JULY

A M J

Can we do away with the Disclaimer on the front page. It looks cruelly tacky. Some sort of small or collapsing one?
Also alongside where notices is written I see this :-
On both sides.
Kindly look into this. The site looks very good but this gives a very non-comforting feel.
Also I would suggest that the logo should come on the "tab" of the browser window, instead of a small blank page.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles