Forum Suggestions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Guys, the Disclaimer section on the front page takes up a lot of space and it does look ugly to some members...

So I suggest that it be enclosed in a collapsible <div> container tag so that it can be collapsed and expanded by a single click, something like we've done for the tag cloud at the bottom of the screen...

Also, it can free up some more space for ads in the future...

A.V.

You all may find it funny but I would really like to have this feature.

Sometimes, some of the posts are so funny that I feel like saying,"ROTFL".

There should be some icon along with "Thanks" which we can click and we should be able to see the number of people who are "ROTFL" for that post underneath that post with the laughing icon. :) :)
we tried to get that vb mos still not successful if you find the relevant mod please give us the link

A.V.

Guys, the Disclaimer section on the front page takes up a lot of space and it does look ugly to some members...

So I suggest that it be enclosed in a collapsible <div> container tag so that it can be collapsed and expanded by a single click, something like we've done for the tag cloud at the bottom of the screen...

Also, it can free up some more space for ads in the future...
not possible to collapse on this skin check the other skin its finetuned there

natarajan

many outsiders (outside india) are thrashing india do we need them??
as no one can do it in others forum(foreign)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
All are welcome here. We want international posters. We don't entertain any thrashing of anyone. Even if we are an indian forum, we respect all. Anyone violating rules here are warned and then banned.

macintosh

Guys can it so happen that if we click on a thread in "latest post" then it takes us to last post in that thread.

Regards.

Vikramaditya

Country flag
There is no flag for Pakistan and China or turkish in Smilie List.
I think Smilie List should have all countrys flag which is present in this forum........

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Old members from Indian Defence Forum(IDF) could remember their was a spell check button on Advanced Post Page(the page we are redirected after clicking go adavanced button). I really miss that option. It would be of great help to posters. Could we have it here on Defence Forum of India.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
^^Pretty much every browser these days comes with automatic spell-check.

A.V.

Old members from Indian Defence Forum(IDF) could remember their was a spell check button on Advanced Post Page(the page we are redirected after clicking go adavanced button). I really miss that option. It would be of great help to posters. Could we have it here on Defence Forum of India.
IDF used a different software SMF we are using vbulletin some features will be different but we will try to install the spell check it would be good
i make the most mistakes here:blum3:

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Firefox has auto spell check, its faster too! 2 birds with one stone ;) Get it! It will be a help for sure!

A.V.

There is no flag for Pakistan and China or turkish in Smilie List.
I think Smilie List should have all countrys flag which is present in this forum........
china ,pakistan,turkey flags will be added soon the decision is already taken only waiting for next forum upgrade

A.V.

Guys can it so happen that if we click on a thread in "latest post" then it takes us to last post in that thread.

Regards.
you go to the last unread post as default, it helps members to better grasp from where he left off

Antimony

Flags

Mods & Admins

When we do a mouseover on the flag, a message comes up which say "User's flag".

Instead of that is it possible to show the name of the flag?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Mods and Admin,
Any thread growing in size of 25 pages should be closed and new thread must be opened in place of it. It really becomes difficult to track things in a thread once that particular thread grows big.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yes Colonel. Once you click the attach button, you have the option to upload PDF files.

sky

So many threads are started with copy and paste articles from other websites without the member who starts the thread expressing a view.i feel thats just too easy and would make for better discusson if they followed it up with their opionion so we can start from a position of genuine interest, in the subject being debated rather than posting several threads with no real interest in any of them.just my thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles