Formula One (F1)

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

2013 Indian GP - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull)

2013 Indian GP - Romain Grosjean (Lotus)

2013 Indian GP - Giedo Van der Garde (Caterham)

2013 Indian GP - Race Start

2013 Indian GP - Button,Vergne

2013 Indian GP - Webber,Vergne

2013 Indian GP - Sergio Pérez (McLaren)

2013 Indian GP - Kimi Raikkonen (Lotus)

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
^ As long as there's no mid season tyre-bursting/change again ruining our teams race season ! i'm ok with most of the stuff. now waiting for pre-season testing results, so we'll know where we stand. Onlee ! :timeout: :dream:

Illusive

Country flag
^ As long as there's no mid season tyre-bursting/change again ruining our teams race season ! i'm ok with most of the stuff. now waiting for pre-season testing results, so we'll know where we stand. Onlee ! :timeout: :dream:
Yeah, completely ruined a 5th place chance.This years lineup is good, hope the cars good as well, i hope we win a race this time. There is a chance with hulk on our side.

Possibility of two new teams entering.

Lets see with all the rule changes will vettel still rule the roost, and also not to forget Alo and Raik rivalry in ferrari. 2014 sure will be interesting.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Force India sign Juncadella to reserve driver role

Force India have signed Spaniard Daniel Juncadella as their reserve driver for the 2014 season. The 22-year-old, who races in Germany's DTM series for Mercedes and is a former European Formula 3 champion, will attend all races with the team and take part in several Friday practice sessions to gain experience behind the wheel of the team's new VJM07 machine. "Daniel is an exciting prospect and I am delighted to welcome him to Sahara Force India," said Force India's team principal and managing director Vijay Mallya. "Over the last few years we have always tried to support young, talented drivers and we will continue down this path by giving Daniel the opportunity to drive the VJM07 on Friday mornings at selected races. Daniel will also play an important role in our simulator programme at the factory, which remains an increasingly important development tool." Juncadella, who has previous F1 test experience with Williams, said that it was a dream come true to join the Silverstone-based team. "It's a fantastic opportunity for me to learn and will hopefully take me a step closer to eventually racing in Formula One," he said. "To work with the team at the track and in the factory will give me some valuable experience and I will do my best to make a contribution to help the team achieve its goals in 2014." Force India's new driver pairing Nico Hulkenberg and Sergio Perez are expected to share driving duties at next week's first pre- season test in Jerez, which runs from January 28-31.

Formula 1® - The Official F1® Website

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

The covers are off, Sergio Perez and Nico Hülkenberg unveil the VJM07 to the world.

Last edited:

kseeker

Retired
BBC Sport - Bernie Ecclestone wants double points for last three races

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone wants to extend his controversial double-points scheme to the last three races of the season.

The new format, which has been criticised by fans, teams and drivers, has been introduced for the final grand prix of the season in Abu Dhabi.

Now Ecclestone has written to the teams saying he wants to extend it to the two preceding races, in the USA and Brazil.

He needs unanimous approval for his proposal to go ahead.

A number of teams have reservations about it applying even to one race after the uproar it has caused.

Ecclestone's plan is designed to increase the chances of keeping alive the battle for the title until the final grand prix of the season, and thus maintain television audience figures. Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel has won two of the past three championships with at least three races remaining.

But Mercedes co-team boss Toto Wolff told a news conference this week that F1 needed to think carefully about whether it was a good idea.

Ferrari president Luca Di Montezemolo made the same point in last week's private meeting of the teams, Ecclestone and governing body the FIA, BBC Sport has learned.

However, Di Montezemolo is said to have accepted that double points being awarded for the final race in Abu Dhabi would happen this year on a trial basis.

Wolff said: "Was it the right move or not? Ninety-nine per cent of the fans say it is the wrong move, so perhaps it is something we have to revisit.

"Everything is possible. We had another meeting and decided to keep it for the moment. Discussions are ongoing."

But he did admit F1 needs to be open to ideas to prevent the championship being decided too early.

Wolff added: "If we see the same power situation with one team, it adds some spice. Obviously there is a lot to criticise but when you see audiences dropping, you need to try out things. This maybe wasn't the right thing but we need to find out."

Defending champion Vettel has called the plan "absurd", saying it penalises drivers who have done well over the entire season.

And Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg said this week: "I'm sorry to say, but it's no good.

"But if you get to the last race and, because of this new points system, it remains exciting, I'm sure all the spectators will be sitting in front of the TV and will be excited and happy about it.

"Now we're all sitting here saying it sucks but maybe by the last race it keeps things exciting."

One team boss, who did not wish to be identified, said F1 chiefs had "completely misjudged the predictable negative response from the public", adding: "Let's hope it is overturned."

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner told BBC Sport the plan had been approved because Ecclestone, whom he is close to, and the governing body "are very much in favour of it".

Horner added: "For Bernie, it's very easy - he wants to keep the championship alive and the TV ratings high and there's an opportunity. It's a lucky punch and I think it's too much emphasis on one race."

He did add, however, that "it would probably be better to look at three races to take away an element of lottery over that last race".

Ecclestone, 83, stepped down from the board of the company which runs F1 following his indictment on bribery charges in Germany earlier this month but continues to run the business on a day-to-day basis.

aragorn

There r too many changes. This year. It will be hard to pick a winner this year before the season starts

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Hulkenberg sets the pace for Force India in Bahrain

Force India's Nico Hulkenberg topped the timesheets as the second pre-season test of 2014 got underway in Bahrain on Wednesday. The German edged out Ferrari's Fernando Alonso and Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton with a lap time that was some 0.081s quicker than last year's fastest race lap in Sakhir. Red Bull, meanwhile, continued to experience teething troubles with their new car, the RB10. Unofficial Wednesday test times from Bahrain:
1. Nico Hulkenberg, Force India, 1m36.880s, 78 laps
2. Fernando Alonso, Ferrari, 1m37.879s, 64 laps
3. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1m37.908s, 74 laps
4. Kevin Magnussen, McLaren, 1m38.295s, 81 laps 5. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 1m40.224s, 14 laps
6. Adrian Sutil, Sauber, 1m40.443s, 82 laps
7. Robin Frijns, Caterham, 1m42.534s, 68 laps
8. Daniil Kvyat, Toro Rosso, 1m44.346s, 5 laps
9. Romain Grosjean, Lotus, 1m44.832s, 8 laps
10. Felipe Massa, Williams, no time, 5 laps
11. Jules Bianchi, Marussia, no time, 3 laps

Formula 1® - The Official F1® Website

Global Defence

New threads

Articles