Formula 1 - Indian Grand Prix

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
one's got to give it to the mayawati government and to the jaypee group, indeed flawless.

compare it to CWG. both central and delhi governments, congress led, no chance the two would have had a go at each other, on the contrary it would have been all coordination, if anything. the budget of CWG kept increasing at quite a pace, no one ever talks about the cost over runs, CWG if not for the indian athletes, was a shame and corruption was to hit the hilt and bring more shame.

bring in mayawati government, from UP and i am sure the chatter would have been how worse can they do it than the CWG. rahul G made sure his agitations on land acquisition happened around this arena, the farmers were mobilized, the very race was threatened with large scale agitations during the 3 days of F1, the state government was threatened in every possible way by the central government, heck the legal tangle was used but better sense prevailed on part of the SC.

not a glitch, yes, a dog showed up, the tracks were dusty, the air was dusty but then first race ever of the scale it was, a few things here and there are expected, and there was absolutely no reason why the tracks were dusty, but over all jaypee and mayawati indeed delivered under various obstacles, though to his credit jai prakash gaur is pretty well connected with all the political parties in india, so that might have helped.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
They have to take care of the traffic and dust issues for the next year, as a bonus you'll got to see a lot of exotic cars on the roads.

Those engine noises, are out of this world, you have to be there to experience their ferocity, and rawness but F1 gets boring very quickly.
There is no booze in the stands, so I am only going if I get paddock invites.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Yes indeed good organization, not that we can compare CWG with F1 but its surely slapping cong ruled Delhi. Hyderabad also did good last time they held asian-african games iirc.

And guess what Maken was not invited! :lol:

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It appeared that the Indian Grand Prix has excited the Indian mind.

On the road, I heard some chaps very animatedly discussing the Indian Grand Pricks!

I realised it was not about politicians when they mentioned Massa and Hamilton.

Last edited:

sandeepdg

This is surely a lesson for Delhi and Haryana on how to run big-tickets flawlessly ! Hope the fools in the administration in both these states learn something from UP.

Hope you folks have already heard about how the Metallica show last Friday turned out to be a no-show in Gurgaon. People freaked out and ransacked the whole place and created a ruckus even outside the venue. Also, how the Bryan Adams show in Delhi was cancelled at the last moment few months back.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Hope you folks have already heard about how the Metallica show last Friday turned out to be a no-show in Gurgaon. People freaked out and ransacked the whole place and created a ruckus even outside the venue.
Were you there ? I was. DNA didn't have adequate security arrangements, and when they cancelled the show, a few irate fans did jump on the stage which was understandable because they were pissed off, as were 30k other people.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ Enlighten me, why was it canceled in the first place?

Someone was telling me that it was canceled because of unruly behaviour?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
The British media has dragged everything from Bhatta-Parsaul to Metallica concert cancellation in their "praise" for Indian Grand Prix, these guys really piss me off.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
The British media has dragged everything from Bhatta-Parsaul to Metallica concert cancellation in their "praise" for Indian Grand Prix, these guys really piss me off.
They are assholes - some are more assholic then others. Guardian is a scum paper - completely.

When anything related to India needs to be covered, they just do not want to stick to the topic. They make it an orgy of poverty , infra issues, "ancient Hindooo caste system", communalism, "nuclear flashpoint", "Cashmere issue", and everything else that springs to mind.

The management and reporters of the guardian need to be kicked in the nuts till they scream for mercy. Maybe I can do my part, as far as the latter is concerned. Lot of those assholes will keep coming to India this coming decade - hope I get a chance to meet one of them in an airport or hotel somewhere.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Like ive always said anglo-saxon countries will never view us in equal footing if we keep pandering to them. We have to take hard and independent stance and not join nato like some foolish Indians suggest.

They want us to always remain poor, the more we rise the more they will focus on other issues to keep us down.

They are assholes - some are more assholic then others. Guardian is a scum paper - completely.

When anything related to India needs to be covered, they just do not want to stick to the topic. They make it an orgy of poverty , infra issues, "ancient Hindooo caste system", communalism, "nuclear flashpoint", "Cashmere issue", and everything else that springs to mind.

The management and reporters of the guardian need to be kicked in the nuts till they scream for mercy. Maybe I can do my part, as far as the latter is concerned. Lot of those assholes will keep coming to India this coming decade - hope I get a chance to meet one of them in an airport or hotel somewhere.
Daily mail is even more scummy.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ Take an independent stance, don't join any military bloc like NATO, but maintain good relations with the US and UK. Lot of scope to further improve relations as time progresses - it is better for all parties involved, if we are friendly with the US/UK.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
^^ Take an independent stance, don't join any military bloc like NATO, but maintain good relations with the US and UK. Lot of scope to further improve relations as time progresses - it is better for all parties involved, if we are friendly with the US/UK.
I believe you are talking about this article

Can Formula One pull it off in India and should it be there at all? | Paul Weaver | Sport | The Guardian

tbf the comments are fine...ive only read the first 20 or so.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I believe you are talking about this article

Can Formula One pull it off in India and should it be there at all? | Paul Weaver | Sport | The Guardian

tbf the comments are fine...ive only read the first 20 or so.
Actually I was talking about the Guardian in general - I wasn't even aware of this particular article. Their articles normally stink anyway.

Yes, surprisingly, the comments in this one seem fair!! Very surprising - but then, maybe most of them are by Indians. :lol:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Actually I was talking about the Guardian in general - I wasn't even aware of this particular article. Their articles normally stink anyway.

Yes, surprisingly, the comments in this one seem fair!! Very surprising - but then, maybe most of them are by Indians. :lol:
The comments are fair because most the readers of guardian are somewhat sane. The reporters will always be the same and will have anti-India stance. Take a look at bbc, daily mail, the sun etc. The reporters had made bets whether a dog or a cow would interrupt the race.

With china its human rights, India its poverty. They cannot tolerate our rise.

Using same logic they should cancel london olympics because of recession and hooligans running riots. The british govt is talking of austerity measures in one hand and is willing to waste handsome amounts of money on the olympics. Hypocritical bastards.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles