Foreign Relations News and Updates

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
For those who have problem in recognizing taliban regime.
I have a question

Why india has embassy in North Korea. A major human rights abuser
Why india supported saddam hussain regime(he was only supporter of india in kashmir issue in middle East that time)

Why subhash chandra bose asked for support from hitler.

Why india have friendly relationship with saudi.
They also have sharia law but we have only problem with taliban implementing sharia

In diplomacy their is no enemy but only interest matter.
We must not care what taliban do in their country
Saddam Hussein also supported us when we became a nuclear power, while all of the Western world and their Cokksuckers in the east slapped sanctions on us

Rudra7678

Country flag
Saddam Hussein also supported us when we became a nuclear power, while all of the Western world and their Cokksuckers in the east slapped sanctions on us
This reminds me of those days in 1998, when India conducted its second nuclear test and was slapped with economic sanctions by US and others. It is said that GoI had received some credible inputs from its intelligence sources that china was helping Pakistan in conducting the nuclear tests. Their plan was, Pakistan carries out the nuclear tests, secretly with Chinese help. Once the tests are successfully conducted, China would approach UNSC "denouncing" Pakistan and bring forward a resolution banning nuclear tests by any country from then on and if any country (India particularly in mind) carries out tests, will be subjected to severe economic sanctions of all kinds, except humanitarian aid. India planned and executed its nuclear tests in urgency with utmost secrecy.

The accusation that India forced Pakistan to test its own nuclear weapon bears no credibility as to plan and execute such tests involves months of planning and skillful execution. As expected, Pakistan carried out their own nuclear test within a month or so after Pokharan II. This means Pakistan was already on the way to carry out tests but India overtook it midway, much to their chagrin.

Rudra7678

Country flag
Russia did .. putin mama was not president then. I just want you to have more nuance as to who did what to us when
From Wikipedia

Canada, Japan, and other countries[edit]
Strong criticism was drawn from Canada on India's actions and its High Commissioner.[28] Sanctions were also imposed by Japan on India and consisted of freezing all new loans and grants except for humanitarian aid to India.[29]

Some other nations also imposed sanctions on India, primarily in the form of suspension of foreign aid to India and government-to-government credit lines.[30] However, the United Kingdom, France, and Russia refrained from condemning India.[30]

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
considering gov was a coomer at 2011, I dont see it being Indian funded
Yeah some rag tag jihadis will definitely want to attack a naval base and destroy their naval assets in Karachi instead of killing their foot soldiers/mercenaries of Paki army in Waziristan to implement their rule of law, lol.

Pakistan me ek baccha bhi paida hota hai to wo bhi R&AW ki hi sazish hoti hai :lol:

Rudra7678

Country flag
considering gov was a coomer in 2011, I dont see it being Indian funded
From this forum only:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
The US recently approved Masood Khan's appointment as Pak ambassador to the US. It was on hold to see how we voted in the UN regarding the Ukraine Crisis. The moment it was clear that we are not going to take an anti-Russian stance, he was appointed.

I wonder whether we have something that keeps this cat-and-mouse game going in our favour. While it is right for the US to expect some support from us on global issues (we do support where it does not take an aggressive/militaristic stance), they way they expect complete subservience like Japan & South Korea, is outlandish at best.

The Navy's taken a precarious direction in its quest for carrier-based jets. It could throw cold water over whatever PM Modi & Jaishankar are planning as our next official move. There are too many reports floating around that IN is going for the SH instead of the Rafale-M. Having SH in our fleet would hand our balls into US hands. They already have enough leverage with P-8s, C-130s & C-17s.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The US recently approved Masood Khan's appointment as Pak ambassador to the US. It was on hold to see how we voted in the UN regarding the Ukraine Crisis. The moment it was clear that we are not going to take an anti-Russian stance, he was appointed.

I wonder whether we have something that keeps this cat-and-mouse game going in our favour. While it is right for the US to expect some support from us on global issues (we do support where it does not take an aggressive/militaristic stance), they way they expect complete subservience like Japan & South Korea, is outlandish at best.
Ultimately everything in foreign policy is about leverage a country holds.

coming to this specific point, it may take a year or two to find out what exactly this move means. But if we were to gaze thru the crystal, simplest explanation would be that US wants this chap to be there in Washington. by extension, this implies a segment (if not all) of Washington's foreign policy continue to have an interest in Kashmir. Blinken might be a good foreign policy practitioner, but he too will have to answer to lobby groups.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles