FOREIGN POLICY: New, Strong and Clear Outreach

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
in what way did GoI make a lot of efforts to restore the relationship? I didn’t see that.
for starters when modi went to U.S for first time as PM, he went like this ..

1679409375148.png

1679409386648.png

-much effort must have gone into bringing those murican congressmen onto that stage along with modi..
-since the muricans were adamant on "foundational agreements", those too were pushed thru at quick pace with slight modifications here and there.
- there was namaste trump event .
1679409879409.png

-and then comes QUAD, it was upgraded from foreign secretary level to foreign minister level to head of govt level. GoI was the driving force. which ultimately easier for murica's pivot/rebalance to asia.

i am not mentioning many things that happened at ministry level .

i would say, a lot was invested by modi to rebuild this relationship. there will be posts of mine here at DFI before 2020 where i felt muricans were not being reciprocal. even today, the muricans are not fully onboard, but atleast there is some commonality on some issues.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
He was building relationships with the Indian American community on his own terms. The fact that he got so much support made the Americans sit up and realize that they had to do business with him.
to add to other post..

in the think tank thread, one of my constant observations for a first few years will be that the coconuts were clueless. GoI didn't get any meaningful support from think tankers in DC, not even coconuts. and since murican coconuts are His master's voice, they were focussing more on our domestic problems rather than taking the diplomatic relationship forward.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
for starters when modi went to U.S for first time as PM, he went like this ..

View attachment 197437

View attachment 197438

-much effort must have gone into bringing those murican congressmen onto that stage along with modi..
-since the muricans were adamant on "foundational agreements", those too were pushed thru at quick pace with slight modifications here and there.
- there was namaste trump event .
View attachment 197450
-and then comes QUAD, it was upgraded from foreign secretary level to foreign minister level to head of govt level. GoI was the driving force. which ultimately easier for murica's pivot/rebalance to asia.

i am not mentioning many things that happened at ministry level .

i would say, a lot was invested by modi to rebuild this relationship. there will be posts of mine here at DFI before 2020 where i felt muricans were not being reciprocal. even today, the muricans are not fully onboard, but atleast there is some commonality on some issues.
If any of you are interested about India-US relationship and how US allowed unfettered tech transfer to China and how they looked the other way to allow Pakistan getting nukes, there is a great talk:

@Blademaster fairly accurate retelling of events in Indo-US relationship.

ofcourse it doesn't look like coconuts even in 2023 are still not willing to publicly admit the insidious role they themselves played by not countering murican hallucinations on Bharat.

Abbey

Country flag
India is set to scale down security for the British high commission and may revamp the security for other British establishments after Sikh radicals attacked the Indian embassy in London. The Centre is of the opinion that the level of security for certain embassies is unnecessary as they face no threat in India. In comparison, Indian diplomats in the UK and Europe are not given adequate security despite threats, government insiders told ET.

New Delhi is livid that UK did not act on time despite intimation based on intelligence inputs that the Indian mission in London could be attacked by Sikh radicals.

Non-security related measures too are under New Delhi's consideration to send a strong message to the British government.

India is monitoring the British government's response to another anti-India protest planned by a 'Sikhs For Justice' group on Wednesday. It had summoned the UK deputy high commissioner on Sunday night to lodge a protest over the London incident.

India is also upset with lack of action following the vandalism on the Indian consulate in San Francisco. While senior members of the US government condemned the incident, the local administration was yet to act on the perpetrators. Similarly, New Delhi expects Canberra to act tough against Sikh radicals' network that has the support of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence.

binayak95

Country flag
India is set to scale down security for the British high commission and may revamp the security for other British establishments after Sikh radicals attacked the Indian embassy in London. The Centre is of the opinion that the level of security for certain embassies is unnecessary as they face no threat in India. In comparison, Indian diplomats in the UK and Europe are not given adequate security despite threats, government insiders told ET.

New Delhi is livid that UK did not act on time despite intimation based on intelligence inputs that the Indian mission in London could be attacked by Sikh radicals.

Non-security related measures too are under New Delhi's consideration to send a strong message to the British government.

India is monitoring the British government's response to another anti-India protest planned by a 'Sikhs For Justice' group on Wednesday. It had summoned the UK deputy high commissioner on Sunday night to lodge a protest over the London incident.

India is also upset with lack of action following the vandalism on the Indian consulate in San Francisco. While senior members of the US government condemned the incident, the local administration was yet to act on the perpetrators. Similarly, New Delhi expects Canberra to act tough against Sikh radicals' network that has the support of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence.
I dont think we need to be worried about US and Aussies when it comes to this khalistani menace. The QUAD grouping and the overarching need to remain firm against chinks will see to it.

Its the bloody Brits and the Kanneda waale who are going to become a refuge for separatism. The irony. Their own population is being suborned by a massive islamist-left jihad

Blademaster

I dont think we need to be worried about US and Aussies when it comes to this khalistani menace. The QUAD grouping and the overarching need to remain firm against chinks will see to it.

Its the bloody Brits and the Kanneda waale who are going to become a refuge for separatism. The irony. Their own population is being suborned by a massive islamist-left jihad
Well we will see about the Americans on the Khalistan front. The litmus test is on how they will proceed with the group, Sikhs for Justice. It is a Khalistani front. Will the US classify Khalistani as a terror group/organization?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

AnantS

Country flag
So stupid. Should have had a "Hindu summit" and invited Buddhist delegations.
Not stupid. India should make itself Buddhism meet capital. And utilize such space to build consensus among Buddhists and Hindus about threats they face from Abrahmics. So that they can form joint pressure group on international matters pertaining to safeguarding their culture and beliefs.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
:pound:
=======
Delhi authorities decide to construct public toilets in the vicinity of British High Commissioner’s house deeming it necessary, UK Govt objects

View attachment 197740

I don't see how UK High Commission can object to anything outside of their sovereign HC premises. They have no jurisdiction beyond issuing empty statements. Public services infrastructure on Indian land requires no permission from the British government. They keep forgetting this point time and again.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles