FOREIGN POLICY: New, Strong and Clear Outreach

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Professor Swaran Singh
His argument is that GoI irrespective of political party in power, deliberately chooses non-muscular approach in diplomacy. he cites the examples of Indo-pacific quad and the new west asia quad, and the areas of co-operation GoI chose in both case, which are expressly development oriented.

can't disagree with this argument.
=======
Indian Foreign Policy Direction : Future of West Asia QUAD

Kumata

Country flag
Professor Swaran Singh
His argument is that GoI irrespective of political party in power, deliberately chooses non-muscular approach in diplomacy. he cites the examples of Indo-pacific quad and the new west asia quad, and the areas of co-operation GoI chose in both case, which are expressly development oriented.

can't disagree with this argument.
Ultimately, whosoever comes in power.. Babus in MEA are bought up on same "copium" ultimately. they go thru same syllabus and there is barely any motivation in them to go on new paths.. there r no incentives and if things goes south, chances of being denied that plum posting is always hangs in there... so why change anything...

They are the elephants in Room as for as i can see...

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Ultimately, whosoever comes in power.. Babus in MEA are bought up on same "copium" ultimately. they go thru same syllabus and there is barely any motivation in them to go on new paths.. there r no incentives and if things goes south, chances of being denied that plum posting is always hangs in there... so why change anything...

They are the elephants in Room as for as i can see...
it depends on what factors are being taken into account to arrive at such conclusions.

us nuclear deal during MMS,
quad
west asia quad
africa engagement expansion
europe engagement expansion
act east , BIMSTEC etc
concept of multi-alignment

all these are created and being executed by MEA babus themselves.

Kumata

Country flag
it depends on what factors are being taken into account to arrive at such conclusions.
us nuclear deal during MMS,
quad
west asia quad
africa engagement expansion
europe engagement expansion
act east , BIMSTEC etc
concept of multi-alignment

all these are created and being executed by MEA babus themselves.
Right .. Nehruvian principles being applied in 21 st century

Blademaster

Right .. Nehruvian principles being applied in 21 st century
You can say that but there is a far more practical reason for the non muscular approach. It costs less money and creates some space to operate flexibly to secure your main interests without compromising too much. India is not a rich nation. India has too many internal problems to go on a muscular approach where an approach can boomerang and bite India on her ass like the IPKF mission in Sri Lanka.

First solve your internal issues and problems and then you can go on a muscular approach. The only time right now to go on a muscular approach is when you got no choice but to do it and you got the nation backing you up to finish that job.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
an old point of mine gets closed. South America is in focus from GoI.
======
MoS MEA @M_Lekhi recalls her visit to Colombia. Minister Lekhi was the chief guest at the Colombian national day in Delhi.

Entire Latin America is a hidden gem for us. China has already made inroads there but we have a better chance to get in there, given that we have a strong business community there present (less in numbers, but well integrated). These countries are reasonably big markets, are friendly, and have a similar set of challenges that we face. There is a lot we can do to help each other.

Dr Jaishankar is doing a fantastic job in resetting our approach towards Latin America. He's been proactive in reaching out to countries there. Recently, Argentina hosted a talk on Las Malvinas that is under British rule and Brazil offered us C-390 transport jet (option of making them locally) as a complement to C-130s.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Ruchira Kamboj
===
Today,have presented my credentials to the Secretary General of the United Nations @antonioguterres
as Permanent Representative/Ambassador to the @UN. A privilege to be the first Indian woman to be given the honour to hold this position To the girls out there, we all can make it!

armortec

ASI was/is restoring Ta Prohm temple in cambodia

View attachment 166491

View attachment 166492
==========
Good to meet my friend EU HRVP @JosepBorrellF at the Ta Prohm temple conservation site. Appreciate his warm words for our work.

View attachment 166490

Wonderful to see. Hope to see SEA into Dharmic fold one day. Currently little influence or trade. If somehow India could be competitive manufacturing goods and get a slice it would be taking away from China. I never knew so much history and culture is still retained there despite everything.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Paraguay Embassy
=====
I have every confidence that with an embassy now resident in this country, the opportunities for our population will grow and I can certainly assure you, Minister, that you will find India a very good partner..: EAM Dr. S Jaishankar in Asuncion, Paraguay

Whatever

Country flag
Is Chahabar port still under our control??or did Iran give it to china??

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles