FOREIGN POLICY: New, Strong and Clear Outreach

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Well i don't see us sanctioning India. But expect us allowing Pakistan f-16v upgrade or atleast c7 & aim-9x sales or even lifting hold on ah-1z
There will be some blowback, considering that Biden-Harris are at the helm. This will be good in a way as it would give us leverage to move around rather than having a very friendly US, weaning us away from all other alternates.

stew98

Ullah
Country flag

Well these RAND_s clearly don't have a problem with accomodating Germany's natural gas requirements but ask us to forego our defence needs

I don't know what others make of it. But it's welcoming development as far as India is concerned. US is dragging, it's feet to get involved in Russian conflict. This might means US can/want to focus on China and Indo-Pacific. Though it's negligence but will shut-up snakes in our own backyard and in the west on social media. And of course most importantly browny points for DFIans while mudslinging at librandus.
My 2 cents.

indiatester

Country flag
I don't know what others make of it. But it's welcoming development as far as India is concerned. US is dragging, it's feet to get involved in Russian conflict. This might means US can/want to focus on China and Indo-Pacific. Though it's negligence but will shut-up snakes in our own backyard and in the west on social media. And of course most importantly browny points for DFIans while mudslinging at librandus.
My 2 cents.
It may be the opposite.
Trump had made China the main focus of US containment. Biden on the other hand had Russia as the enemy number one.
With the Ukraine attack, it will only reinforce their existing bias. It will only lead to more attention being paid to Russia rather than China.
China may actually get stronger by the US actions.

shade

Country flag
It may be the opposite.
Trump had made China the main focus of US containment. Biden on the other hand had Russia as the enemy number one.
With the Ukraine attack, it will only reinforce their existing bias. It will only lead to more attention being paid to Russia rather than China.
China will get stronger.
Whether putin's objectives are reached in Ukraine or not, by the end of this, China will have a resource rich and economically and population-wise poor client state with which they share a long border.

1645947179229.png

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
how it's fine ,if our assets are with most cunning nations uncle Sam & Brits ?
Its like FDI, we own many of their assets and they own ours, in this case we have just kept our assets there reason for which I don’t exactly know but its pretty normal.

notaname

Country flag
Yup its true, if I’m not wrong its completely fine to have overseas assets.
how it's fine ,if our assets are with most cunning nations uncle Sam & Brits ?
:rage:

While 451.54 metric tonnes of gold is held overseas in safe custody with the Bank of England and the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), 292.30 tonnes of gold is held domestically, says the RBI’s Report on Management of Foreign Exchange Reserves. In value terms (USD), the share of gold in the total foreign exchange reserves increased marginally from about 5.87 per cent as at end-March 2021 to about 5.88 per cent as at end-September 2021.

stew98

Ullah
Country flag
It may be the opposite.
True. But am talking about response of the US, from statement in Press conference implies that US is not willing to go full blown against Ruskies. This may be due to EU's dependency on Ruskies.

Covfefe

Country flag
Another billion hafta given to Sri Landka bast...s to not kill our fishermen and suck Chini 2 inches. Why our neighbours are not being punished for risking Indian security.
Simple- because the Government in Delhi doesn't value the life of Indian fishermen from Tamil Nadu. And no, I am not a Tamil Sub Nationalism advocate. But there's a reason why Pakis only arrest/capture fishermen mostly and Sri Lankans kill Indian fishermen- they both know what's going to come for them.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Simple- because the Government in Delhi doesn't value the life of Indian fishermen from Tamil Nadu. And no, I am not a Tamil Sub Nationalism advocate. But there's a reason why Pakis only arrest/capture fishermen mostly and Sri Lankans kill Indian fishermen- they both know what's going to come for them.
This is a shit argument @Nationalist Manasvi Papa put it in iq 690 thread

pipebomb

Country flag
I think we should help facilitate russian citizen returning back to russia free of cost, as most of their airlines have been banned. Now is good time to score some easy brownie points. Ukrainians too, to make it look like neutral - neutral ;-)

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I think we should help facilitate russian citizen returning back to russia free of cost, as most of their airlines have been banned. Now is good time to score some easy brownie points. Ukrainians too, to make it look like neutral - neutral ;-)
Our airlines hardly have a trans-continental network like Emirates or Turkish or Qatar Airways. Even if that was feasible, we can't. Let's get our folks out in one piece first.

Something tells me that if this war drags on, it will get bigger into a European War aka WW3. At that point, we are going to need all our jets to remove all our folks from all European countries. Charity begins at home.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Nitin Gokhale has retweeted this .

yup and we are already seeing the impact, all the india bashing in the western media and think tanks is because of this.

========
India is an interesting nation. It is democratic, but emphatically non-Western, and unlike Japan, it does not want to be "an honorary member of the West".

India is BOUND to have friction with US this Century, because it is a bit too independent minded for Washington's tastes.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
As far as i know this hasn't happened before, No past Governments of India have talked about non-abrahamic religions at UN.

willing to be corrected on this.
=========
We condemn all acts motivated by anti-semitism, Christianophobia or Islamophobia. However, such phobias are not restricted to Abrahamic religions only...clear evidence that such religiophobias have affected the followers of non-Abrahamic religions as well,

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles