Force India

Rage

DFI TEAM
Force India gets its best start in Monaco

May 23, 2009

Force India achieved its best start of the season on Saturday when Giancarlo Fisichella booked the 13th slot on the grid for Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix, two positions ahead of his German teammate Adrian Sutil.

It was dream come true for the Silverstone-based outfit as both the cars gate crashed into the second qualifying session (Q2), something they had not achieved thus far.

Sutil was flying in seventh while Fisichella quickly moved up to ninth. Fisichella, subsequently, had a couple of times disallowed after the Italian had cut a corner.

To his credit, Fisichella not only sneaked into Q2 as the last driver, but also went on to post a timing of 1:16.146 to eclipse Sutil (1:16.545) and ensure his best start of the season.

Championship leader Jenson Button (1:14.902) will start in pole position again after the Brawn driver edged out Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen (1:14.927) by 200th of a second.

Force India gets its best start in Monaco: Rediff.com news

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
All those hot chicks like me !!! :D:D:D:D

They love me, they love me not, they love me, they love me not, they love me, they love me not, THEY LOVE ME !!!!

ZOOM

Founding Member
Well, I myself is a die hard enthusiastic of Forumula 1, A1 GP and GP2, but I always feel bad for Force India. Despite two years of successful running, they haven't registered their maidan point. Fire further get stocked by the fact that despite having one of the most experienced driver in F1 history, we are not able to even give a tough fight for all other Drivers. Even in Monaco Grand Prix of last year, Adrian Sutil couldn't register a maiden point and get thrashed by Kimi of Ferrari when he was running on Fourth place and had a good chance of earning 6 points. Even now, despite being on Number 9, second force Indian driver couldn't earn a point. What a misery.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Well, I myself is a die hard enthusiastic of Forumula 1, A1 GP and GP2, but I always feel bad for Force India. Despite two years of successful running, they haven't registered their maidan point. Fire further get stocked by the fact that despite having one of the most experienced driver in F1 history, we are not able to even give a tough fight for all other Drivers. Even in Monaco Grand Prix of last year, Adrian Sutil couldn't register a maiden point and get thrashed by Kimi of Ferrari when he was running on Fourth place and had a good chance of earning 6 points. Even now, despite being on Number 9, second force Indian driver couldn't earn a point. What a misery.
I know, its tough luck, but we are consistently putting up a good show these days... atleast finish around 15ish every time... so, I'm pretty hopeful about the future...

indian_sukhoi

Been a good start for Force India at Monaco. Fisichella is one of my favourite drivers!!!!

We are going to host our first ever Formula1 Championship at delhi. Delhi is seeing a lot of Infrastructure Development for the Commonwealth Games2010 and F1.

Hope everything goes has planned.

Cheers,

Gladiator

Belgian Grand Prix: Fisichella gives Force India first pole

There was no clear favourite for the Pole position in the qualifying session of the Belgian Grand Prix. The session was open for all drivers to cash on and the dominant duo from the Brawn GP had much to prove while the Red Bulls were left with much more to achieve to materialise a foothold in the Championship standings.

Q1

The 20-minute session began with Giancarlo Fisichella posting the first timed lap in his Force India. Soon the Toyota’s had occupied the top spots in the timesheet and once again, Adrian Sutil was on a flier of a lap. It looked like the German was displaying his new-found speed and stayed in the top six even 8 minutes into the session.

In a shocker of a lap, Sutil had set the quickest lap on track by the first half of Q1 but was soon outpaced by Nick Heidfeld and Rubens Barrichello. Kimi Raikkonen in the meanwhile was on a hot lap and so was Jarno Trulli who set the fastest time only three minutes to the end of the session.

A fantastic performance from the Force Indias saw Fisichella take P1 by the end of Q1 while Sutil took P4. Jarno Trulli and Barrichello were in P2 and P3 respectively.

Drivers relegated after the first leg were Sebastien Buemi, Jaime Alguersuari, Kazuki Nakajima, Romain Grosjean and Luca Badoer.

Q2

Robert Kubica was the first man out during the second leg of qualifying. Almost every car had made it to the top during this 15-minute run but Jarno Trulli and Mark Webber looked fixed in P1 and P2 respectively for a while and Kubica was well poised in the third place.

Again Fisichella stormed into P1 and it would have been a thrilling sight for Vijay Mallya and the rest of the Force India team. Although Sutil failed to cut through into Q2, his teammate was in a commanding fourth place.

It was Trulli, Robert Kubica and Sebastian Vettel in the top order after Q2 and the drivers who failed to make it into Q3 were Sutil, Hamilton, Alonso, Button and Kovalainen.

Q3

The final 10-minute run would decide who would take away the most coveted position on the grid on Sunday and the good news for the ten drivers in Q3 was that there was no Hamilton, Button or Alonso to spoil their party.

Raikkonen marked the start of the session with the first timed lap of 1:47.218 on the charts. Vettel and Kubica were seen driving into the pit lane only five minutes into the session for a tyre change.

Rosberg and Heidfeld were fighting for the second position even as Barrichello was closing in from P4. But it was Fisichella who took Pole for the Belgian Grand Prix while Trulli and Heidfeld were in P2 and P3 respectively.

It was the first time since the 2006 Malaysian Grand Prix that the Italian driver from Force India took Pole and it was the very first for the team.

The Belgian Grand Prix just got more interesting and could we see a first win for the Indian team? Only Sunday will tell what lies in store so stay tuned to catch all the action.

Fisichella wins 4th Pole after 3 years | News | F1 Pulse

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
speaks volumes about the way the team is going, kudos to team "Force India", eagerly waiting for the end result, this sure should be a podium finish.

Jai Ho! :D

:india:

threadbrowser

well nice to see them up there even if the only indian thing about them is their main sponsor.

Vikramaditya

Country flag
India's sports ministry against F1 race

NEW DELHI — India's sports ministry has rejected the idea of extending sports-linked customs duty exemptions that would have made it cheaper to import equipment being used for the construction of a Formula One race track.

India wishes to join the F1 grand prix circuit in 2011 on a course being built on the outskirts of New Delhi.

But the Times of India reported Tuesday that the Sports Ministry has refused to endorse the F1 race as a sports event, saying it would not have an impact on Indian sports "in terms of either participation, broad-basing or promotion of excellence."

"It would have no impact on the development of sports in the country," The Times quoted an unnamed Sports Ministry official as saying. "F1 is not purely sports. It is entertainment and this venture is a commercial initiative."

The Sports Ministry's refusal to endorse the duty exemption application from the construction firm building the race track will not affect its bid to bring F1 to India, but might raise the cost.

Samir Gaur, managing director of JPSK Sports, the company seeking to put India on the F1 map, said it would go ahead and complete construction of the race track.

"We're 200 percent committed to the F1 race in India," Gaur told the newspaper.

Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya is a majority shareholder in the Force India F1 team.

MS gill is indeed a fool.......
Shame on indian sports minister.

wtf,indian sport is always killed by indian sports ministry.....

Thank god BCCI is an indipendent body.....

A M J

^^^

The decision was taken after it was found that major construction project has been awarded to the son of some sport official.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
:dance4:Beer choice for the night!!!!:dance4:

That a damn exciting race, congratulations for Team ForceIndiaF1,
congrats. Dr. Mallaya
congrats. Giancarlo Fisichella
and congrats. to all ForceIndiaF1 fans
:113: :113:

StarScreen

Country flag
Superb race... I think they could still have secured a pole if not for the safety car incident and KERS powered Kimi...

Nevertheless, kudos to Force India and Fisi... we are proud of you!!! :india::113:

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
How Force India made the cut in 2009

December 17, 2009 09:03 IST

After a difficult first season in Formula One, Force India [ Images ] turned things around in style in 2009. Giancarlo Fisichella [ Images ] made the breakthrough for the Indian outfit when he scored the team's first points, finishing a close second behind Ferrari's [ Images ] Kimi Raikkonen [ Images ] after registering Force India's maiden pole position in Belgium earlier in the year.
Adrian Sutil [ Images ] also gave the team lots to cheer about by finishing fourth at the Italian Grand Prix [ Images ], registering the fastest lap of the race, a first for him and the team.
Force India team owner and team principal Vijay Mallya [ Images ] on Wednesday spoke of how his team turned things around after a difficult start to Formula One in 2008. The billionaire tycoon also announced Force India's partnership deal with Computational Research Laboratories (CRL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Sons to offer a fully automated Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) solution to aid the design of the F1 team's next generation race cars as well improve aerodynamic efficiency in the current racing models.
"If you look back and if you saw Force India in 2009, which I consider to be Force India's true first year in Formula One, 2008 was a completely inherited situation, the management at Force India was the same, the direction was the same, the car was pretty much the same and we didn't do well.
"But during 2008 I made some very significant changes in the Force India team, including a complete management overhaul; there was a complete overhaul of the technical direction at Force India driven out of nothing but sheer lack of performance and no clear answers on what was the root map to be successful. Having achieved all that we then decided to have a partnership with McLaren [ Images ] Mercedes [ Images ] largely because we wanted access to the Mercedes engine and the McLaren gearbox and hydraulics. I had the option of trying to produce the gearbox myself but we decided to go for proven technology, we decide to go and acquire a complete gearbox facility, complete hydraulics facility from McLaren whose technology was proved. Of course we never intended or never had the capability of building an engine and everyone knew that the Mercedes engine was more than competitive; it was probably the best engine.
"Having put this package together we signed an agreement on October 13, 2008 and the first test of the 2009 car was in February 2009 so effectively we had a total of 120 days maximum. So in 120 days our engineers designed and built the 2009 Formula One car. We were quietly confident because I realised what our limitations were, I also realised very quickly what the opportunities were. We were quietly confident that this new car which we designed and built as Force India and would compete in the 2009 season was significantly better than the previous car. We also relied on testing the car and developing the car through the season because there was no time to test it and develop it fully before there was no time before the season began.
"But then came the bombshell, the FIA as part of overall cost cutting measures in Formula One what they called resource restriction, they banned testing during the F1 season so all the testing I was looking forward to doing during early 2009 didn't happen. So it slowed my programme down completely and we were actually developing the 2009 car on the track, in the Friday practice sessions so it took a lot longer. That is when I very quickly realised we were handicapped and then I called a meeting of engineers and asked them how could we fix the quality and pace of our development.
"And what this actually meant since we had a race every two weeks so we had no time. So results, points and opportunities come every two weeks and in this business you are fighting for 1/100th of a second. Gone are the days like my racing days when one second or half a second used to matter, today it is 1/100th of a second. If you see the Formula One grid and their performances in 2009, you will notice that 1/10th of a second has separated all the teams. The cars have been separated by 1/100th of a second and that is the level of competition you are talking about.
"So you want the technology to compete at that level. I don't know of any other sport in the world which is as technologically fiercely competitive as Formula One is. No wonder that big companies and the names you know like McLaren, Ferrari, Renault [ Images ], Toyota [ Images ], Honda spent hundreds of millions of dollars every single year to develop their cars to get 2/10th or 3/10th of a second. Can you just sit back, take a deep breath and analyse in your mind that you spend 2000 crore of rupees just to make your car go faster and that is the level you are talking about.
"And can I afford to spend that much money? Absolutely not!
"Would I spend it even if I could? Absolutely not!
"That is one of the fundamental reasons why I am here today. We looked around and we knew that our pace of development, quality of development and application of technological resources had to be more than world class. There was only one finger pointing in the right direction and it went to Hinjewadi, Pune, to the Computational Research Laboratories (CRL) and we are proud.
"I, today, had the privilege to be standing inside the CPU. I had never thought I would be standing inside the CPU. It is a matter of pride for me as an Indian to be saying that we have the fastest supercomputer in the Asia and the fourth fastest in the world, built and designed right here by the TATA Group. And this is what brings me here.
"And the quality of brain power that is available to match this super computer is my answer. The beauty is that I now have access to 200 percent more Computation Fluid Dynamics (CFD) access going to up as much as 800 percent in the middle of the season. That means I would develop my cars more accurately, my pace of development would be ten times more than it has been in the past and therefore I expect to be a lot more competitive. And the beauty is that in budgetary terms I am well within the resource restriction norms of the FIA. So I have achieved access to world class hardware and software here at an affordable price and we looked forward to a long, successful relationship with CRL and the TATA Group to develop the car that proudly carries our national colours.
"It is not a question of just winning the race or being in the podium. I am proud that in our very first year despite all the constraints we faced and of course with even having access to facilities like CRL, we managed to get a pole position, podium position and the fastest lap classification. That is not easy when you are fighting for 1/100th of a second for positions amongst the best teams in the world."

How Force India made the cut in 2009: Rediff Sports

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Pune supercomp to propel Mallya’s Formula 1 cars

TNN 17 December 2009, 06:04am IST
PUNE: Vijay Mallya’s Force India Formula One racing team will soon get the edge it requires to develop its next generation cars. And the help,
http://twitterapps.indiatimes.com/feedtweet/tweet?link=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/pune/Pune-supercomp-to-propel-Mallyas-Formula-1-cars/articleshow/5346109.cms&title=Pune%20supercomp%20to%20propel%20Mallya%E2%80%99s%20Formula%201%20cars%20-%20Pune%20-%20City%20-%20The%20Times%20of%20Indiachiefly by way of reduced design cycle time, will be coming from a supercomputer based right here at Hinjewadi.

On Wednesday, India’s first F1 racing team signed an exclusive, three-year deal with Tata Sons’ Computational Research Laboratories (CRL) to develop a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) solution for designing F1 racing cars.

The multi-million dollar agreement means that the design cycle time will reduce significantly and aerodynamic efficiency will improve, giving the team’s drivers their best chance of a good result.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...allyas-Formula-1-cars/articleshow/5346109.cms

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Force India wants an Indian in driver’s seat

17 Dec 2009, 0358 hrs IST,

PUNE: Vijay Mallya, chairman, Force India Formula I racing team, will start a talent hunt for Indian racing car drivers, starting at go-karting
centres. The chase came in response to international criticism that the Force India team is hardly Indian.

“The team is non resident Indians now but I am looking to indigenise it although there is more to an Indian team than merely having an Indian in the cockpit of a racing car. I intend to find young Indian drivers, invest in the search and train the talented youngster. We will start a series of programmes to locate talent at go-karting tracks in the next three-four months,” he said.

Mallya was talking to reporters after signing a three-year, multi-million dollar contract with Computation Research Laboratory (CRL), the high performance computer lab set up by Tata Sons. CRL will work in the area of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) for the F1 team to ensure a better performance by making the best use of the air flowing over the car to generate very high levels of downforce, forcing the car into the ground, increasing its grip level and creating the minimum aerodynamic drag.

The tie up with CRL is expected to acclerate Force India’s computational simulations for better on-track results which will be complemented by the Indian F I team performing wind tunnel testing at its UK location.
Pointing to the importance of the service to be offered by CRL, Mr Mallya said every F I team is fighting to improve speeds by even a hundredeth of a second.

“Big companies spend hundreds of millions of dollars every year to develop cars that to get two- and three-tenths of a second off. I cannot afford to spend such amounts. We expect that the tie up with CRL will give us an immediate 200% increase in our CFD processing capability which will rise to almost 800% by the end of 2010. Moreover, CRL will allow us to stay within the budgetary restrictions laid down by the FIA,” Mr Mallya said.

Since the FIA laid down budgetary restrictions on F I teams earlier this year, on account of the economic slowdown, Mr Mallya said they were forced to develop the 2009 car on the tracks, at the Friday practice sessions. This took longer, making them realise the need for faster developments for the 2010 season which comprises 19 races.

Force India wants an Indian in driver?s seat- ET Cetera-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles