Forbes: Putin Most Powerful in 2015

pmaitra

Forbes Names Putin Most Powerful Person in 2015

RI Staff | Russia Insider

Riding high for the third year

In what must be taken as a sure sign of the continuing shift of global power and influence, for the third year in a row, Vladimir Putin has been named the world’s most powerful person by Forbes Magazine.

Also for the first time, the US president was not included as No. 2, but rather fell to No. 3, with Barack Obama being supplanted by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Congratulations Mr. Putin!

See video at article at Forbe’s, entitled “The World’s Most Powerful People 2015,” by David M. Ewalt.

How many of you agree with this ranking? Why? How many of you disagree with this ranking? Why?

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Forbes Names Putin Most Powerful Person in 2015

RI Staff | Russia Insider

Riding high for the third year

In what must be taken as a sure sign of the continuing shift of global power and influence, for the third year in a row, Vladimir Putin has been named the world’s most powerful person by Forbes Magazine.

Also for the first time, the US president was not included as No. 2, but rather fell to No. 3, with Barack Obama being supplanted by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Congratulations Mr. Putin!

See video at article at Forbe’s, entitled “The World’s Most Powerful People 2015,” by David M. Ewalt.

How many of you agree with this ranking? Why? How many of you disagree with this ranking? Why?
First, these lists are for children. I mean geopolitics, is not played between one person and another. The influence/power these people project is a result of team work.

Second, Merkel and Francis above Xi JinPing and Modi? Are you kiddin' me?

Bahamut

First, these lists are for children. I mean geopolitics, is not played between one person and another. The influence/power these people project is a result of team work.

Yes , I would say Putin is most intelligent one , more of modern day Bismark.Obama is most powerful but he is dumb and cabinet are even dumber so they mess up.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Yes , I would say Putin is most intelligent one , more of modern day Bismark.Obama is most powerful but he is dumb and cabinet are even dumber so they mess up.
Yes, VVP is smart, but he has an entire team (an inner circle) behind him, which provides him intelligence and analysis and with which he holds consultations etc.

Not to mention the massive public support.

Frankly though, I think these type of lists are a reflection of media exposure these persons get in the Western press.

The enlightened

US is much more powerful but Obama personally is not - US being a democracy and all as well as the presence of an insanely hostile Congress. Frau Merkel derives power by bulldozing smaller EU nations and then using their consolidated power to bulldoze the more powerful EU nations and then using that collective EU power on the rest of the world. Neat. But hardly comparable to Obama. He wins IMO. But then again this is Forbes - which once put Dilma Rousseff over Obama:rofl:

Edit: Forbes did not.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Agreed. I also noticed that. Modi and JinPing should have been above Merkel and Francis. Merkel at this point is the most disgraced politician in Europe.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
@Razor, good to see you back. I want you to actively participate in the Syria thread: Russian involvement in Syrian crisis
I haven't been following these events closely for the last couple of months (personal life heating up :) )

But yes, I'll follow that event/thread considering it is the most important geopolitical event at present.
There are plenty of active posters there who seem well informed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles