Food Thread

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
I am used to country chicken (Natu kodi) with bony structure.

I have eaten alfaham individually
Forgot to mention Mandhi
1637578929346.png

Another Arab inspired with typical south Spices, cooked with "pit cooking" technique

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 121059
Noor Jahan Special Chicken Biriyani

This was for my friend's b'day, we got carried away by the cake cutting that when we got to the biriyani, it got a little bit cold
As a biryani aficionado what's ur take on calicut biryani?

U r only allowed to gib correct answer

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
As a biryani aficionado what's ur take on calicut biryani?

Ur only allowed to gib correct answer

Lol
Each restaurant has their own version of Calicut biriyani
But, since Calicut is in the picture, I tried the Fish biriyani (I know, Calicut people=crazy people) was incredibly skeptical at first, I am not the biggest fan of sea food
But having it changed my opinion,
:drool:

Edit: the best biriyani I've ever had, (I know this is a subjective matter), was from Wayanad Hill station, that too from a small hotel, they have this thing where they cook inside a bamboo
Mmmmm mmmmmm yummy that one

tommy

Didn't know there was calicut biryani. :laugh: Had Thalassery biryani. It was good and aromatic, they used jeera rice in it.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
From Where this image is ?
It's from an very old tamil movie called antha naal(that day)

Scene from Tamil cult film 'Andha Naal' is a viral Twitter meme, but what was it really about?

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Didn't know there was calicut biryani. :laugh: Had Thalassery biryani. It was good and aromatic, they used jeera rice in it.
It's from an very old tamil movie called antha naal(that day)

Scene from Tamil cult film 'Andha Naal' is a viral Twitter meme, but what was it really about?

Thalassery Biriyani, Thalapakatti Biriyani, Malabar Biriyani

Try these three, you are officially qualified as a biriyani Aficionado

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Thalassery Biriyani, Thalapakatti Biriyani, Malabar Biriyani

Try these three, you are officially qualified as a biriyani Aficionado
Thalapakatti is a meh for due its rice variety,its too thic for me

Me only likes basmati (or adjacent variety rices like ponni) type biryani.

But im yet try thalassery and malabar biryani looks yummy,target acquired :drool:

But i have ate all types of mullo type biryanis,from hyderabadi to local ambur biryani.

Last edited:

tommy

Thalapakatti is a meh for due its rice variety,

Me only likes basmati (or adjacent variety rices like ponni) type biryani.

But im yet try thalassery and malabar biryani looks yummy,target acquired :drool:

But i have ate all types of mullo type biryanis,from hyderabadi to local ambur biryani.
Ate Kashmiri pulao thinking it would be like any random pulao with some changes. It turned out to be sweet as f*. They added apples in it.

doreamon

Country flag
Ate Kashmiri pulao thinking it would be like any random pulao with some changes. It turned out to be sweet as f*. They added apples in it.
I had Kashmiri pulao in a restaurant . cld not eat even 10% . But do try mutton rogan josh . rogan josh with rumali roti or parboiled rice . worth it !

another_armchair

Country flag
The Wayanad biryani (tried it in Kalpetta, Vythiri and surrounding areas) has a very interesting taste and texture.

Not very spicy and mixed like the typical biryani, the chicken is flavorful and pretty well done.

Good change once in a while from the usual Biryani.

here2where

Mutton biryani
Mutton soup
Mutton kebab
Fish fry preferably from fresh water
Free range Chimken curry south Indian style
Idiyapam

Quail curry and fry

Chimken momo

Burmese atho

I encourage other komrades to share their fav foods

@FalconZero @here2where @Maharaj skandgupta and anyone with functioning taste buds.

Lets resuscitate this ancient thread
i luwwww anything that swims ... without the swimwear that is...

nothing gets me drooling like good ol' mathi (sardine) curry, aiyla (mackerel) fry, prawns fry in coconut oil... yep.. i'm seafood mad .. like a true blue malayali!!!

the days i want to bite into flesh, then nothing will do like tender goat meat ... goat.. not sheep .. mind it.

chicken is for toddlers... real men eat red meat ...

and ackthooo into the face of the vegans .... :fyeah:

here2where

Forgot to mention Mandhi
View attachment 121061
Another Arab inspired with typical south Spices, cooked with "pit cooking" technique
northern malabar is over run with arab style eatouts ... not that iam complaining.. more the merrier... there is one very popular yemeni biriyani restaurant run by a yemini family settled in kerala ....

Love Charger

ΰ€šΰ€•ΰ₯ΰ€°ΰ€΅ΰ€°ΰ₯ΰ€€ΰ₯€
Country flag
Biryani is a popular Indian food. It is of two types, veg biryani and non-veg biryani. The spices and herbs used in the preparation of restaurant biryani are turmeric powder, salt, green chillies, cardamom seeds, and garlic. The recipe of Indian biryani varies from region to region as the method of preparation also differs.
How to order ji ?
@ezsasa @hit&run. @Indx TechStyle.
All three are great biryani connoisseurs
They will like this post very much

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles