Food Thread

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

March is a killer, Got to take curd and lots of raw tomatoes..

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I see that you are one of those people who straight away take the leg piece and leave useless pieces for others.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
I see that you are one of those people who straight away take the leg piece and leave useless pieces for others.
Nah, they sell Turkey legs like that in some places(events, festivals,etc).

Kunal you seem to eat something different everytime, lol.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Do you cook these your self??
Some of them are my work other mostly i get from mess ( A Place where Member of military get food, for soldiers they have langars, for Officers its call Officer mess, For JCO its call JCO mess ) ..

Oracle

Crab Prep:

Buy em' fresh and alive. Dead crab got nothing.

Now, you need to kill it. Boil water, and when the water is bubbling, drop the crabs one by one into the water. They change color to orange when dead and boiled. Crab's muscles are semi-liquid, so if you do not boil it, they will ooze out and there will be nothing left to eat. When boiled, the muscles contract, just like bone marrow. Also dead crabs do not contains those semi-liquid juices inside their bones/claws, so buying dead crab is a strict no no.

Looks like this after boiled:

Accessorize that:

Then you need to clean the crab, which is complicated and takes a lot of time. If you have not done that before, ask someone who knows how to clean. It contains a lot of mud, and therefore very essential that it is cleaned thoroughly.

Then use imagination and cook Crab Masala. Goes will with chilled beers.
I actually forgot to click a pic of the cooked crab. :D

Last edited:

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
Bangude Masala

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
Meen curry

.............................................................................................................

Krusty

Country flag
lol there is no meat which is as tasty as pork meat , it just melts in the mouth and FYI i have tried all kinds of meat from deer, boar, rabbit, frog, squirrel, fox , goat , sheep + other exotic meats except the meat forbidden by my religion.

nothing beats pork , pork tastes best when cooked or roasted over low flame for a long time ,

go to delhi haat and eat the pork dishes made with bamboo shoot in the NE food stalls , then tell me if u like it or not.
Cheers! Same here, I have not had fox though. I did try crocodile and kangaroo in Australia though. Ive had insects too. And believe it or not, monitor lizard curry in TN. Rural India has amazing dishes.

Pork is very common in rural communities here in TN. I have seen ships selling pork in chennai. Though Not common near the center, rural communities regularly consume it. Yes, deep fried pork belly melts in your mouth. :drool:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Cheers! Same here, I have not had fox though. I did try crocodile and kangaroo in Australia though. Ive had insects too. And believe it or not, monitor lizard curry in TN. Rural India has amazing dishes.

Pork is very common in rural communities here in TN. I have seen ships selling pork in chennai. Though Not common near the center, rural communities regularly consume it. Yes, deep fried pork belly melts in your mouth. :drool:
cheers to u too:)

i heard emu is reared somewhere in south india , will head their once i have enough rokra saved up :biggrin2:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles