Five countries issue travel advisories against India

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Anglo-Saxon countries will never view India with equal footing. Only fools can't see it.

Look at the slaves commenting to that article while bending over and agreeing with that "travel advisory".

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Look at the slaves commenting to that article while bending over and agreeing with that.
Comments on ToI articles make me sick. They seem to get off to whining and complaining about the GoI in every possible way; needless to say most of them probably don't do shit to help the situation. I doubt if most of them even vote.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Comments on ToI articles make me sick. They seem to get off to whining and complaining about the GoI in every possible way; needless to say most of them probably don't do shit to help the situation. I doubt if most of them even vote.
I bet they'd sell the country dry if given half a chance.

One person is agreeing with it because beggars are roaming the streets :doh:

Country flag
Maybe India should place more soldiers in JK after this advisory?? See what happens when you listen to others in security matters.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Look at the slaves commenting to that article while bending over and agreeing with that "travel advisory".
Agreeing with advisory is one thing and facing the fact without getting emotional is other. Today one fact can not be ignored that common peoples like me visiting popular markets in festive season specially during Diwali feel insecure. I don't think you are unaware of kind of security put by police at various markets of Delhi. How many times you get your bags thoroughly checked? I could talk more but i don't want help our enemies by sharing my experience in open forum? Fact repeated, there exists high risk during festive season specially during Diwali and history tells. And these countries have every right to caution their own citizens. It's high time we get active in curbing terrorism or else we will keep repeating "i urge people of Delhi to be clam and blah blah blah".

Last edited:

Adux

Country flag
What is stopping India from doing the same, why blame them for looking after their own citizens, we all know we are sitting ducks for terrorists, why should they come here and die

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
The chances of a foreign tourist being mugged and losing everything they have are much higher than being blown up in a terrorist attack.

Adux

Country flag
The chances of a foreign tourist being mugged and losing everything they have are much higher than being blown up in a terrorist attack.
I dont think people are ready to take chances with their lives. Unless India improves internal security, which we all know we dont have it, nor do we have a culture of good intelligence and police work. High Court of Delhi, got attacked. That tells you something. I approve of what is being done these countries. Heck, I would want Kerala government to do the same, avoid sensitive areas.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
One after another, five countries - US, UK,
Canada, Australia and New Zealand - have issued advisories against travel to India during the festival season.
I do not see India on this list.

This link says
The Department of State reminds U.S. citizens of the continued possibility of terrorist attacks throughout India and urges citizens to pay particular attention to their personal security during the Indian holiday season, which includes Hindu, Islamic, and other religious and secular holidays between October and January.

Last edited:

pmaitra

I do not see India on this list.
It is Times of India, India's CNN. We also have The Pioneer which is India's Fox News. :D

All they care about is TRP ratings and sensationalism and like to use hyperbolic headlines and articles to attract attention. It is business after all.

Temporary alert for the festive season for the safety of its citizens; not something I would see as 'against India' as the title goes.

Last edited:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Well if the people of those five countries don't like to come there no problem. No one is begging them to come to INDIA. Our people of INDIA are already traveling all parts of INDIA and the tourism department is making enough money. Actually I am from OOTY and most of the people who visit OOTY are INDIANS. We may just see a handful of foreigners here and there. Most of the foreigners are from the INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS which are running at OOTY.

agentperry

this should alert the intel agencies as such advisories comes at least 2-3 months prior to any attack taking place. this time intel should actually stop an impending attack in filmy style so that people develops some confidence over them.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Well if the people of those five countries don't like to come there no problem. No one is begging them to come to INDIA. Our people of INDIA are already traveling all parts of INDIA and the tourism department is making enough money...
I have seen nothing in the US news media warning us not to go to India.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
It is Times of India, India's CNN. We also have The Pioneer which is India's Fox News. :D

All they care about is TRP ratings and sensationalism and like to use hyperbolic headlines and articles to attract attention. It is business after all.

Temporary alert for the festive season for the safety of its citizens; not something I would see as 'against India' as the title goes.

I don't think US govt is doing anything wrong in issuing travel advisories. Many urban Indians also tend to avoid crowded areas during this season on account of safety concerns. Even the government has beefed up security across the country.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
Honestly the biggest impediment in India's tourism industry is the utter lack of organization and infrastructure. The lack of confidence isn't only due to the high potential for terrorist attacks, but also due to the utter lack of effective disaster management systems. For a country as advanced as India is now, a functional infrastructure is a must. Not just they physical aspect of proper roads etc. but also emergency services, policing system etc. Unless these basic necessities are in place the country will always remain a capricious destination subject to travel warnings.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I think many Americans who go to India do so for spiritual reasons and therefore visit ashrams. Those people probably ignore issues such as warnings from US Department of State.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles